HMI-115 PRLR antibody: The Most Promising Treatment Ever

indie85

Established Member
Reaction score
If you don't want to be broke probably, but technically it's not needed, just a way to make it more affordable elongating its duration.

HMI seems like strong enough on itself for curing most cases of hairloss if you could constantly apply it nonstop and cost wasn't a problem
Who knows we need to see results first, until I start seeing NW7s getting their juvenile hair back we're still far from a cure.

On a slightly different note, I wish studies would start evaluating results on terminal hair growth only across the industry. A lot of the time they just mention hair growth in general, but no-one gives a crap about wispy sub-terminal hair

RagnarLothbrok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Always asuming that the results will be identical to macaques.
The moment it is not as efficaceous as the trial HMI-115 at those prices stops being a commercially viable product unless they reduce costs a LOT tbh.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Always asuming that the results will be identical to macaques.
The moment it is not as efficaceous as the trial HMI-115 at those prices stops being a commercially viable product unless they reduce costs a LOT tbh.
Yes, if it's not virtually a cure it will never make it to market.

badnewsbearer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
the biggest problem is what can be seen with every research topic, people get too focused on the details like pricing and what density it will have before there will be an actual proof of concept. there is tons of threads on whether Tsui will be able to make thick terminal hairs and how many hair per cm^2 he will yield when in reality he will not be able to get a single hair on a human now so that speculation and countless hours were completely worthless. I think before talking about price there needs to be proof that this can even give results in humans. the end result is this way people get jaded and depressed because they have gathered so much hope and bathed in details when in reality the most important thing is proof of concept. if it works I am sure the company will set a price that can yield them the most customers which will not be too high because outside of this bubble nobody would pay upward of 20k for a treatment like this. and they know this and so they must be confident they can bring it down otherwise what's the point in making a trial

RagnarLothbrok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
this
the biggest problem is what can be seen with every research topic, people get too focused on the details like pricing and what density it will have before there will be an actual proof of concept. there is tons of threads on whether Tsui will be able to make thick terminal hairs and how many hair per cm^2 he will yield when in reality he will not be able to get a single hair on a human now so that speculation and countless hours were completely worthless. I think before talking about price there needs to be proof that this can even give results in humans. the end result is this way people get jaded and depressed because they have gathered so much hope and bathed in details when in reality the most important thing is proof of concept. if it works I am sure the company will set a price that can yield them the most customers which will not be too high because outside of this bubble nobody would pay upward of 20k for a treatment like this. and they know this and so they must be confident they can bring it down otherwise what's the point in making a trial
This case is a novelty based on:
1. It was trialed in the only animal that presents identical Androgenetic Alopecia model to humans (stump tailed macaques) in a very long process (4+ years). They tested Minoxidil, Finasteride and RU as control and they reacted similar to humans aswell. Most new compounds never go through this process.
2. The delivery method is not oral or a topical solution, it is an inyected mAb which has much higher specifity than traditional drugs attacking the receptor.
3. Literally the biggest pharma in the planet is behind its discovery and commercialization (Bayer) and not some shady startup. They won't ever run out of funds like most startups.

It's ok to be skeptical, I am very tired aswell of false hopes. Anything that happened in the past in hairloss research is irrelevant because nothing was remotely close to this before. The proof is already there. On paper, there's literally no reason to ever think it won't work as expected.

Of course its better to "protect" yourself into thinking it will be a failure and that's what im doing aswell :rolleyes:

Last edited:

RoryGall29

My Regimen
Reaction score
this

This case is a novelty based on:
1. It was trialed in the only animal that presents identical Androgenetic Alopecia model to humans (stump tailed macaques) in a very long process (4+ years). They tested Minoxidil, Finasteride and RU as control and they reacted similar to humans aswell. Most new compounds never go through this process.
2. The delivery method is not oral or a topical solution, it is an inyected mAb which has much higher specifity than traditional drugs attacking the receptor.
3. Literally the biggest pharma in the planet is behind its discovery and commercialization (Bayer) and not some shady startup. They won't ever run out of funds like most startups.

It's ok to be skeptical, I am very tired aswell of false hopes. Anything that happened in the past in hairloss research is irrelevant because nothing was remotely close to this before. The proof is already there. On paper, there's literally no reason to ever think it won't work as expected.

Of course its better to "protect" yourself into thinking it will be a failure and that's what im doing aswell :rolleyes:
The sad thing is that it's most likely 10 or even more years away...

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Did I miss a press release from Tsuji?

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score

Fgsfds

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
1. What's the odds it'll get through for endometriosis? Would suck if it pulled a fevipiprant and ate sh*t in Phase III.
2. When's the soonest we'll hear some more human results?
3. What about the systemic risks of this?

If we know it's a slam dunk, and we have lots of people interested who can pay a pretty penny, a GB for this isn't out of the cards. I myself would pay $10k - 25k for the macaque results on my head. There are plenty of other high-rolling baldies in these circles who would join me in that. The sum of my hair costs for the past 365 days is definitely around $10k anyway. (mostly CB)

Feramon1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Genetics certainly has more to do with it than environment. Otherwise twins wouldn't have the same hair loss with little variance. When is the last time you saw twins where one had aggressive hair loss while the other was NW1? Baldness happens in every country regardless of local environment. Are there things that trigger it early or speed it up? Yes, but you can still predict with high accuracy when someone will go bald based on their genes
I would like to return to this issue, I was interested in the question about twins and I think there is indirect evidence of the influence of the environment on aggressive and early baldness.

Recently, someone decided to bring up an old topic where a man talks about his twin brother, who does not have baldness, unlike himself. Perhaps it will be interesting from the point of view of discussion and it is also possible that his brother will start to go bald later. But this apparently also indicates that the environment triggered the baldness mechanism earlier, and also much stronger.

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, some twins bald at visibly different rates.

Some people win powerball lotteries too.

RagnarLothbrok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
talking of twins...

Prince Harry is finally catching up with his slapcel brother. I wonder if any of them had medication. They actually started massive balding at similar age despite everyone saying he wouldn't go bald like his bro

1655228838763.png

This is his genetic destiny... brutal

1655228934448.png

TLDR: you can't escape your genetic predisposition, its just a matter of time.

badnewsbearer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would like to return to this issue, I was interested in the question about twins and I think there is indirect evidence of the influence of the environment on aggressive and early baldness.

Recently, someone decided to bring up an old topic where a man talks about his twin brother, who does not have baldness, unlike himself. Perhaps it will be interesting from the point of view of discussion and it is also possible that his brother will start to go bald later. But this apparently also indicates that the environment triggered the baldness mechanism earlier, and also much stronger.

yes come back to this topic in a completely unrelated thread

FROMSPACE

My Regimen
Reaction score
No, but they probably last longer after stopping treatment than the same finasteride or minoxidil.
Normal hair dies slowly, but hair treated with finasteride and minoxidil will die very quickly if you stop the treatment.What is missing in the treated hair?

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
talking of twins...

Prince Harry is finally catching up with his slapcel brother. I wonder if any of them had medication. They actually started massive balding at similar age despite everyone saying he wouldn't go bald like his bro

They are probably "two percenters" who get side effects, like most young healthy guys who try oral 5ar drugs.

Or maybe we are looking at their results WITH Finasteride. Prince Harry is late 30s now. Some guys reach his current level of hair loss in their teens. Maybe Harry was genetically destined to get this bald 10-20 years ago.

Those guys live their whole life in the public eye. I guarantee you they are bothered about it, and I would bet money that they have at least tried Finasteride. They have crushing groupie fans who would write letters telling them to get on the stuff. When Freddie Mercury from Queen grew a mustache back in the day, fans were writing letters begging him to cut it off and sending razors in the envelopes.

William & Harry have probably not pursued transplants because of the risk of bad work and possibly having to buzz down later & look unnatural. That would be very frowned-upon among the royalty. They've spent their whole lives knowing that severe baldness was coming for them.

Last edited: