HMI-115 PRLR antibody: The Most Promising Treatment Ever

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
Even if it wasn’t prohibitively expensive, there aren’t many people willing to hook up an IV of mystery juice from china every week. It’s a lot different than chucking a little bit of lab tested powder into your minoxidil.
Well the GBs are never that bad because it’s some lab ripping off the compounds… but yeah sounds way too complicated.

Keep watching this space eh

Hairful

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So after reading up more on prolactin, the hormone is involved in a lot of important functions not just sexual. Wonder how safe the drug would be.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
So after reading up more on prolactin, the hormone is involved in a lot of important functions not just sexual. Wonder how safe the drug would be.
Reading up where? On blogs? Right from the first page, this is a quote from a leading expert on prolactin.
a relevant question is whether blocking the PRLR by SMI-6 would cause undesirable side effects in treated BC patients. We think not. Indeed, cabergoline, a potent suppressor of pituitary PRL release, has been chronically prescribed to thousands of patients with hyperprolactinemia with minimal ill effects [47]. On the contrary, all known adverse effects of PRL result from its overproduction, which can cause infertility in women, impotence in men, and aggravation of autoimmune diseases [4]. The only potential caveat is that women with BC who have an infant, will not produce breast milk while treated with a PRLR-blocking drug. However, breast feeding in patients with BC is clearly not a recommended practice.

Feramon1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
On a schedule, HMI-115, which treats lymphatic fibroids, is first expected to be approved for sale in 2024 and its Core Pipeline when asked about the impact of the new crown outbreak, Xiao Ruiping admitted that its research process is still on schedule
For the first time when I read this article, I did not pay attention to this line. As far as I understand, HMI-115 is aimed at treating lymph nodes?

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
For the first time when I read this article, I did not pay attention to this line. As far as I understand, HMI-115 is aimed at treating lymph nodes?
Bad translation for endometriosis

Hairful

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Reading up where? On blogs? Right from the first page, this is a quote from a leading expert on prolactin.

Cabergoline does have side effects pretty severe ones at that related to heart and other areas. And there was another anti-prolactin drug that was pulled off market.

It’s also very different to administer a blocker to normal people with normal levels of prolactin than with malignant levels.

So it remains to be seen how safe it is. HMI also seems to induce genetic changes and the effects are long lasting so yeah I am really not hopeful it will be safe especially if it doesn’t target HF PRLr only

Maybe a topical formulation would be safer if that could be done.

Just don’t want to get my hopes up until it passes phase 2/3 trials and shown to be absolutely safe.

Last edited:

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Cabergoline does have side effects pretty severe ones at that related to heart and other areas. And there was another anti-prolactin drug that was pulled off market.
Every drug has side effects. Cabergoline is regarded as generally safe. The study does not say that it doesn't have adverse effects, it says they are minimal. Ask casi, those side effects are probably a direct result of dopamine agonism not prolactin inhibition. Pergolide is another dopamine agonist. 5H2B agonism is what causes cardiac events with dopamine agonists. HMI-115 is highly selective. It does not activate dopamine or 5H2B receptors.

It’s also very different to administer a blocker to normal people with normal levels of prolactin than with malignant levels.

Balding men do not have abnormal prolactin levels.
So it remains to be seen how safe it is. HMI also seems to induce genetic changes and the effects are long lasting so yeah I am really not hopeful it will be safe especially if it doesn’t target HF PRLr only

Maybe a topical formulation would be safer if that could be done.
There is no rational reason to fear this drug.

A topical formulation is not possible. The drug is over 160x too large to penetrate the scalp.
Just don’t want to get my hopes up until it passes phase 2/3 trials and shown to be absolutely safe.

No offense, but you sound like a hypochondriac and a pessimist. The only concern I have is if the drug works in humans. We could have some redundant pathway the monkeys don't have which will keep HFSCs quiescent even without PRLRs. This seems unlikely, but much more likely than PRLR antagonism being life threatening. Male mice without prolactin receptors live normal lives.

Last edited:

RagnarLothbrok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Side effect profile of prolactin inhibitor drugs seem much safer than Finasteride/5ARI drugs tbh. I don't think this is the main worry rn more about this pathway working in humans or not is the big key point. Why would you take finasteride but not HMI-115 which is more potent and same or less sides?

RoryGall29

My Regimen
Reaction score
Side effect profile of prolactin inhibitor drugs seem much safer than Finasteride/5ARI drugs tbh. I don't think this is the main worry rn more about this pathway working in humans or not is the big key point. Why would you take finasteride but not HMI-115 which is more potent and same or less sides?
10$ vs 10.000$?

Feelsbadman.jpg

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Here's a rat study showing Prolactin is involved in preservation of 5AR enzyme in testis.

Abstract
Treatment of intact immature (25-day-old) rats with bromoergocryptine (BR), which suppressed prolactin (Prl) secretion, decreased testicular 5 alpha-reductase activity, whereas treatment with Prl increased the enzyme activity in BR-treated animals. Serum luteinizing hormone (LH) concentrations were not reduced by BR treatment or elevated by Prl, suggesting that the BR and Prl effects on enzyme activity were not due to alterations in LH secretion. Hypophysectomy (at 21 days of age) caused a dramatic decrease in testicular 5 alpha-reductase activity, and treatment with LH partially reversed this effect. Treatment of hypophysectomized animals with Prl alone had no effect on the enzyme activity but enhanced the effect of LH. Testosterone propionate, given to hypophysectomized animals in a regimen that increased testicular testosterone to concentrations at least as high as those in intact (sham-hypophysectomized) controls, had no effect on enzyme activity, whether given alone or in combination with LH. These results indicate that Prl is involved, along with LH, in maintaining the high 5 alpha-reductase activity of the prepubertal rat testis; the action of Prl, apparently requiring the presence of LH, may be to decrease the rate of degradation of the enzyme. The data also suggest that the action of LH on testicular 5 alpha-reductase activity is not mediated by its stimulation of testosterone production.

Looks like without Prolactin signaling, 5AR enzyme might degrade much more quickly, at least in rat testicles. Perhaps it is similar in hair follicles, 5AR levels are mediated not by Testosterone but by Prolactin.

Edit: This study is from 1985 which is horrifying, the association between Prolactin and 5AR has been known about for 40 years and just now are we coming around to the idea that it might be a big player in Androgenetic Alopecia....

Last edited:

Feelsbadman.jpg

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Bald vs NW1
Overwhelming majority of Androgenetic Alopecia suffers will not go completely bald on a 5AR inhibitor unless they already were to begin with. It's more like not perfect maintenance and possible minor regrowth vs theoretically perfect maintenance and substantial regrowth.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Overwhelming majority of Androgenetic Alopecia suffers will not go completely bald on a 5AR inhibitor unless they already were to begin with. It's more like not perfect maintenance and possible minor regrowth vs theoretically perfect maintenance and substantial regrowth.
I know. I'm referring to the people who are already bald. For them there is no choice, they need HMI-115

RagnarLothbrok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
when I started balding the information in internet was horrible and scary, taking finasteride was seen almost as going full HRT tranny level with PFS crap

must be nice to be 18 and everyone on forums asking you to hop on finasteride asap, but I suspect there are thousands of bald guys like me who have no other choice than serious regrowth drugs for proper recovery

RagnarLothbrok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Here's a rat study showing Prolactin is involved in preservation of 5AR enzyme in testis.

Looks like without Prolactin signaling, 5AR enzyme might degrade much more quickly, at least in rat testicles. Perhaps it is similar in hair follicles, 5AR levels are mediated not by Testosterone but by Prolactin.

Edit: This study is from 1985 which is horrifying, the association between Prolactin and 5AR has been known about for 40 years and just now are we coming around to the idea that it might be a big player in Androgenetic Alopecia....
This seems coherent with our broscience theories that PRL might be involved in regulating the sensitivity of follicles to androgens. It would mean that the real cause of Androgenetic Alopecia has been found pretty much. But it is still very surprising that this can't be reproduced in any other way than HMI-115 even in vitro follicles... thats the part that makes me a bit skeptical still.