HMI-115 PRLR antibody: The Most Promising Treatment Ever

willpower

Reaction score
HMI-115 doesn't block the production of prolactin. My understanding is that it binds to prolactin receptors (PRLR) and alters its shape to where prolactin can still bind to it but the resulting signal transmission is disrupted.

The effects are presumably drastically different than inhibiting prolactin, especially considering serum prolactin levels may end up increasing on HMI-115.

Interestingly growth hormone also binds to PRLR.
Professor Rui-Ping Xiao, founder of Hope Medicine, "this study is the first ever to show that prolactin receptor blockade can promote hair growth in patients with androgenic alopecia and may provide a novel therapeutic approach."

acbrantlin

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Professor Rui-Ping Xiao, founder of Hope Medicine, "this study is the first ever to show that prolactin receptor blockade can promote hair growth in patients with androgenic alopecia and may provide a novel therapeutic approach."

What point are you making with that quote? Because it only aligns with what I said. Are you confused by the term "prolactin receptor blockade"? Because that does not at all mean it inhibits prolactin production.

HMI-115 is an antibody that binds to prolactin receptors. Prolactin also binds to prolactin receptors. Prolactin and prolactin receptors are different things. Prolactin receptors do not create prolactin. When HMI-115 binds to prolactin receptors, the shape of the receptor is altered so when prolactin then binds to it, the resulting reaction does not occur. This is what they mean by "prolactin receptor blockade". It is presumably very very different biologically than blocking the production of prolactin. The reason why is unknown.

Dimitri001

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think the Finasteride+Min results Are very Good for Hyperbel Responder. It Males a Big difference cosmetical.

Why you think 14 Hairs/ Square centimeter Are that Bad ?
True, you could be a hyperresponder to HMI and even just 14 is not nothing, but the problem is how much will it cost. $50k potentially for sub-finasteride results... IDK.

RolfLeeBuckler

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Tbh If i was in beginning early hair loss Stage with 20 Years it would be the cure for me. Some injections Maybe Repeater every 5 years. You Never had to think about balding. You Never had to rub minoxidil everytime.

Conclusion: HMI-115 is the cure for Young People. All People now conplaining (including me) Are too far gone and Need much regrotwh. Maybe we Are the last bald Generation and with HMI-115 it will be a Choice for Young People Go the bald way or do the treatment and think about the beautiful things in life

RolfLeeBuckler

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You Are all dissapointed because you Are too far gone. You Need a lot of regrowth to have a Full Head of hair. Thats Why 14 hairs/cm2 Arent enough for you.

But tbh Hope Medicine found the cure. HMI-115 is the cure for the upcoming Young generations who Are noticing early Signs of balding. They will Go to clinic, get injections and Are safe Format least 4 Years. They have the Choice of they Want to Go the bald way or have a Full Head of hair.
The Price will be Low because there will be millions of Young customers every Years from all countries of the World.

HMI-115 is the cure for upcoming Young generations.

Otrebor

My Regimen
Reaction score
However, the test lasted 6 months. Regardless, I think it's good. The macaques had regrowth for 4 years.
I repeat until the end: if this were a reversal of baldness I wouldn't be surprised that the regrowth time is equal to the time it took the baldness to spread.

acbrantlin

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You Are all dissapointed because you Are too far gone. You Need a lot of regrowth to have a Full Head of hair. Thats Why 14 hairs/cm2 Arent enough for you.

But tbh Hope Medicine found the cure. HMI-115 is the cure for the upcoming Young generations who Are noticing early Signs of balding. They will Go to clinic, get injections and Are safe Format least 4 Years. They have the Choice of they Want to Go the bald way or have a Full Head of hair.
The Price will be Low because there will be millions of Young customers every Years from all countries of the World.

I just need to know what spark in your brain convinced you to declare it a cure for young people after reading pages and pages of people in this thread reiterating that we know virtually nothing about the mechanism or efficacy of HMI-115 in humans and that there is still a significant likelihood this never even reaches the market. Did you have a dream where you were 20 again and drank a bottle labeled HMI-115 and all your hair grew back?

RolfLeeBuckler

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just need to know what spark in your brain convinced you to declare it a cure for young people after reading pages and pages of people in this thread reiterating that we know virtually nothing about the mechanism or efficacy of HMI-115 in humans and that there is still a significant likelihood this never even reaches the market. Did you have a dream where you were 20 again and drank a bottle labeled HMI-115 and all your hair grew back?

I just wanted to way that Hope Medicine don’t give a f*** about our bald heads. They will threat all Young People who don’t Want to Go bald like us.
We are fucked.

But Hope Medicine found the cure. Accept that it wohnt help you

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score

This. It would've saved me 10 years ago. At least it will let the next generation keep their hair without side effects.

Hazelboy98

My Regimen
Reaction score
This. It would've saved me 10 years ago. At least it will let the next generation keep their hair without side effects.
Are you gonna be Norwood 7 by the time it comes out, IF it comes out? Even if you're norwood 5 by then it can still possibly give you half a norwood of hair back to a Norwood 4.5 just going off of the pictures from the trials. That could allow you the option to get a hair transplant to become a Norwood 2.5, good enough honestly. As long as we can avoid being a norwood 7 I'm ok not having a full head of hair

Kagaho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just wanted to way that Hope Medicine don’t give a f*** about our bald heads. They will threat all Young People who don’t Want to Go bald like us.
We are fucked.

But Hope Medicine found the cure. Accept that it wohnt help you

We need way more data and time to know if results are permanent. I wont leave my dutasteride/RU and low dose OM for HM.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you gonna be Norwood 7 by the time it comes out, IF it comes out? Even if you're norwood 5 by then it can still possibly give you half a norwood of hair back to a Norwood 4.5 just going off of the pictures from the trials. That could allow you the option to get a hair transplant to become a Norwood 2.5, good enough honestly. As long as we can avoid being a norwood 7 I'm ok not having a full head of hair
I'm not worried about it. By the time this is on the market there's a chance hair cloning will be available.

Dimitri001

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know why you guys are so high on it as a cure in the early stages of Androgenetic Alopecia, given that it underperformed finasteride and the limited data we have.

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know why you guys are so high on it as a cure in the early stages of Androgenetic Alopecia, given that it underperformed finasteride and the limited data we have.

1. How does it compare in real life, where XX percent of Finasteride users end up under-dosing or quitting because of side effects? HMI will probably have side effects too but they are unlikely to be as much of a detriment.

2. Finasteride's regrowth is basically just a mild rebound effect. It mostly happens to recently-lost follicles. Those gains are usually back below baseline (while still on the drug) within a few years. With HMI it's more likely that regrowth can be maintained longer.

3. There is no law anywhere on earth against using both Finasteride & HMI at once. It's not a felony. It's not a misdemeanor. It's not even a $100 fine. You can admit it to a judge in court and they won't even care.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
It wasn't compared to finasteride, or even placebo. One cannot say it overperformed or underperformed. You can't compare across studies, especially not a phase I to a phase III. We only know that they think it was effective. It seems more likely to have the durability of finasteride than minoxidil considering the mechanism, but time will tell. I don't personally care, and no one here should. It will be too late for all of you by the time it comes out

Will Be an Egg in 5 years

My Regimen
Reaction score
14 hairs/cm2 doesn't seem bad at all, and if the finasteride results at the same phase posted in this thread are correct, it actually had better results than finasteride at frontal and temple hair, which is huge honestly. We all know that finasteride frontal hair is a matter of luck. Anything that gives hope for frontal hair is welcome.

But as I said, let's hope the end of phase II to have actual results.

Modill

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
When are people in general going to understand that finasteride is not a solution, UNLESS YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT BEING CASTRATED WITHOUT ERECTIONS AND NO SEXUAL DESIRE FOR LIFE ????????

RolfLeeBuckler

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Finasteride simply doesnt work for me since 2 Years. Otherwise i wouldnt be in this f*****g Forum Here