HMI-115 PRLR antibody: The Most Promising Treatment Ever

acbrantlin

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not reading that whole wall of text, kevin. I can see from the first couple sentences I obviously hurt your feelings. Since you have no argument you resort to ad hominem attacks, a sign of low IQ. That's ok though because your target audience is the low IQ. You have had your hair loss show for a decade now, yet still have not reached a Wikipedia level of understanding, so I guess at this point it's hopeless to discuss anything with you. Good day

I get it. This has been your domain for a very long time and you're free to baselessly call people gaslighters and emotional and it's all kosher, but if anyone returns fire they're breaking the cardinal rule of debate and you automatically win the argument. You can write paragraphs and it's valid, but if anyone else does it it's a flaw. You make up arguments out of thin air to respond to, and if they don't reply to it then you claim they have no argument.

Must be awesome to live above the rules you set for others. It's actually textbook.

But just to really emphasize it, I totally understand that you have to come to terms with the fact that you've spent hundreds and hundreds of hours researching hair loss for no tangible gain and your ego is lashing out trying to rationalize the wasted investment. I don't blame you for that. That's a pretty normal human response. Everyone experiences that at some point. That's why it's important to self-reflect in order to understand others.

"Yeah, I wish a black man made a hair loss treatment because there ain't no way a soulful young jazzy jive-cat black man would hustle us, ya dig?" - Acbrantlin 2018

This is what the hair loss industry has been missing. It's the only way they could get our trust back
I stand by that statement. But this is a hair loss forum so I feel obligated to let everyone know that in that quote I was mocking someone using this thing called sarcasm. The person I was mocking said this: "I just can't see Japanese people as scammers. They're hard working people and more advanced than other countries in a lot of ways. I believe he will do it!" referring to Tsuji.

It shows that I used to be a lot funnier. Unfortunately we all experience change.

Last edited:

acbrantlin

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So will HMI-115 will work for retrograde alopecia?

My man, nobody knows. Nobody will know until long after it's out, if it ever comes out. And even then nobody will know for sure. The same answer for every new hair loss treatment. And it will be the same answer for whatever the next new potential treatment is. The only thing we can do is post updates of actual related developments like trial pics and data, and then guess and speculate based on those updates.

RolfLeeBuckler

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My man, nobody knows. Nobody will know until long after it's out, if it ever comes out. And even then nobody will know for sure. The same answer for every new hair loss treatment. And it will be the same answer for whatever the next new potential treatment is. The only thing we can do is post updates of actual related developments like trial pics and data, and then guess and speculate based on those updates.

Why do you think is HopeMedicine only doing phase II trials in China?
Why they don’t do Phase II trials in EU and US and Want to directly start Phase III trials in 2025?

Otrebor

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm still struggling to understand where you get the confirmation that it absolutely doesn't work. A single user, some photos (which among other things demonstrate an improvement), in a phase aimed only at safety, without using the physiological dosage for humans, without considering the time discrepancy between the life of a macaque and that of a human being. And again, all these considerations about a single individual who may very well be a liar but who claims that he is getting better. I don't know what to say, I was initially disappointed too, but it's the kind of disappointment that comes from years and years of failure. Samumed was supposed to be the cure for me and it wasn't, now I'm going with a grain of salt, but all hope hasn't been eliminated, come on.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can we please stop pretending that phase I didn't use the right dosage? How many times does that have to be corrected? Phase II is the same dose

RolfLeeBuckler

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes unfortunately they don’t change the Dose. Why they think that 480mg couldnt be better ?!

We shouldnt think that Moeman is a lier. All he said is legit. Accept that the results are like he has shown us. Unfortunately he responded worse in comparison to the macaque. Much worse. But he had results so it definitely works.

We have to Hope that the cycles in People Are longer then in macaques so that Moeman has the same regrowth like the Macaques had in 6 months Maybe moeman will have in 1-2 years . That would be amazing

The Big question is If HMI-115 would also work for retrograde Alopecia

ppma

Reaction score
Yes unfortunately they don’t change the Dose. Why they think that 480mg couldnt be better ?!

We shouldnt think that Moeman is a lier. All he said is legit. Accept that the results are like he has shown us. Unfortunately he responded worse in comparison to the macaque. Much worse. But he had results so it definitely works.

We have to Hope that the cycles in People Are longer then in macaques so that Moeman has the same regrowth like the Macaques had in 6 months Maybe moeman will have in 1-2 years . That would be amazing

At least a sensible reply.

acbrantlin

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

The assumption is that the dosage they used in the phase I trial completely blocked PRLR signaling, which is the goal of the drug. I don't know if that's true, but if it is then a higher dose would have zero additional effect and it would explain why they're only testing lower doses to see if they can achieve the same results.

RolfLeeBuckler

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Positive Outcome from a Phase Ib Study in Australia Treating Patients with Androgenic Alopecia HMI-115​

Hope Medicine Inc. ('HopeMed'), a clinical-stage innovative biopharmaceutical company, announced recently that the company has completed a Phase Ib study, "An Open-Label Study, to Evaluate Safety, Tolerability, and Efficacy in Male and Female with Androgenetic Alopecia Treated with HMI-115 over a 24-Week Treatment Period".

This study is led by Professor Rodney Sinclairand included 12 male and 4 female patients in Australia with androgenic alopecia (Androgenetic Alopecia). HMI-115 demonstrated positive efficacy results. It is also safe and well-tolerated. Specifically, in the 12 male patients at the end of the trial, the mean non-vellus target area hair count (TAHC) increased by 14 hairs/cm2, compared to that of the baseline. This increase is statistically significant indicating an apparent confidence of treatment effect.

"The positive outcome of this trial is very encouraging," said Professor Rui-Ping Xiao, founder of Hope Medicine, "this study is the first ever to show that prolactin receptor blockade can promote hair growth in patients with androgenic alopecia and may provide a novel therapeutic approach."

"Encouraged by the success of this proof-of-concept trial," said Nathan Chen, CEO, "Hope Medicine has commenced recruitment for a Phase II study of Androgenetic Alopecia in China with 180 patients. We aim to achieve full PoC by the end of 2024."

Joxy

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Positive Outcome from a Phase Ib Study in Australia Treating Patients with Androgenic Alopecia HMI-115​

Hope Medicine Inc. ('HopeMed'), a clinical-stage innovative biopharmaceutical company, announced recently that the company has completed a Phase Ib study, "An Open-Label Study, to Evaluate Safety, Tolerability, and Efficacy in Male and Female with Androgenetic Alopecia Treated with HMI-115 over a 24-Week Treatment Period".

This study is led by Professor Rodney Sinclairand included 12 male and 4 female patients in Australia with androgenic alopecia (Androgenetic Alopecia). HMI-115 demonstrated positive efficacy results. It is also safe and well-tolerated. Specifically, in the 12 male patients at the end of the trial, the mean non-vellus target area hair count (TAHC) increased by 14 hairs/cm2, compared to that of the baseline. This increase is statistically significant indicating an apparent confidence of treatment effect.

"The positive outcome of this trial is very encouraging," said Professor Rui-Ping Xiao, founder of Hope Medicine, "this study is the first ever to show that prolactin receptor blockade can promote hair growth in patients with androgenic alopecia and may provide a novel therapeutic approach."

"Encouraged by the success of this proof-of-concept trial," said Nathan Chen, CEO, "Hope Medicine has commenced recruitment for a Phase II study of Androgenetic Alopecia in China with 180 patients. We aim to achieve full PoC by the end of 2024."
This is total failure. I don’t see what is very encouraging and positive here.

Joxy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
This is not even close to finasteride+min results. Even Kintor had better results than this. Stop torturing yourself with these kind of treatment. Stick to big 3 in next 2-3 years and wait some real solution to emerge.

RolfLeeBuckler

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is not even close to finasteride+min results. Even Kintor had better results than this. Stop torturing yourself with these kind of treatment. Stick to big 3 in next 2-3 years and wait some real solution to emerge.
I think the Finasteride+Min results Are very Good for Hyperbel Responder. It Males a Big difference cosmetical.

Why you think 14 Hairs/ Square centimeter Are that Bad ?

Hazelboy98

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think the Finasteride+Min results Are very Good for Hyperbel Responder. It Males a Big difference cosmetical.

Why you think 14 Hairs/ Square centimeter Are that Bad ?
There's no placebo group to compare results to. In the Kintor Pyrilutamide placebo group they had growth in their placebo equal to that of the experimental group. This might literally do nothing since we have no placebo group to compare. If it's capable of stopping hairloss without sides and doesn't need to be taken over and over again then that would be awesome but we're not at that conclusion yet

acbrantlin

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Since this trial was too small with no placebo, it's not reliable at all. But largescale 1mg propecia trial was around a 13 to 16 mean increase per square cm at the vertex compared to baseline after 6 and 12 months, and only a 7 to 10 increase in front/mid at 6 and 12 months. And placebo was a -5 mean decrease at 6 months and -2 at 12 months.

Unfortunately unless more reliable pictures emerge, there still isn't enough information to form any conclusion yet. So maybe we'll have more info in mid 2025 when or if they publish phase 2 data. Maybe sooner, maybe later, maybe never.

Given that someone in the chinese trial leaked enrollment pictures, there's a chance we'll get some unofficial pictures early. I still think if it truly provided 2 norwoods of regrowth as it was unofficially claimed, we would already have conclusive visual evidence in spite of any procedural etiquette. But there is still a small chance it's comparable to finasteride with a potentially more appealing administration and side effect profile.

willpower

Reaction score
If blocking prolactin is the key to reversing hair loss it would make sense to incorporate Jasmine Flower Extract which is a potent prolactin blocker that has been used to block the production of breast milk etc. it's been reported that it is very good for hair growth but I don't believe it has been attributed to the lowering of prolactin. Maybe I'm the first

acbrantlin

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If blocking prolactin is the key to reversing hair loss it would make sense to incorporate Jasmine Flower Extract which is a potent prolactin blocker that has been used to block the production of breast milk etc. it's been reported that it is very good for hair growth but I don't believe it has been attributed to the lowering of prolactin. Maybe I'm the first

HMI-115 doesn't block the production of prolactin. My understanding is that it binds to prolactin receptors (PRLR) and alters its shape to where prolactin can still bind to it but the resulting signal transmission is disrupted.

The effects are presumably drastically different than inhibiting prolactin, especially considering serum prolactin levels may end up increasing on HMI-115.

Interestingly growth hormone also binds to PRLR.