Hitting my annual yearly low - just need to vent

MDL999

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, it's funny how the guys on this forum decide to take on the Bateman mentality instead of the Batman mentality. Same actor, different mindset.
What are the key differences? Havent seen the movies in a while.

Baldingat188

Reaction score
If I remember well, he's a fullhead with some minor hairline thinning and blondeish. I could be getting him confused though.
Yes you are right I am mostly full head with minor thinning because I got on finasteride early. I’ve private messaged members on here pics of my hair and I have definitely posted pictures of my hair but that was years ago. I’ve had no need to post more recent pictures because my hair hasn’t changed.

im not trying to mislead anyone about the severity of my hairloss. I did have a bit of BDD/ obsession about it before I got on finasteride. Now I got on finasteride and I’ve maintained my hair but I’m basically asexual. Not sure if I should attribute that to the finasteride but it sucks not feeling attraction.

Baldingat188

Reaction score
I remember seeing a total nw1 lol. Maybe there mightve been some thinning u wud need a microscope for tho lmao
I’ve been to a dermatologist who prescribed my finasteride because he agreed there was thinning. Minor but it’s still there. Also men in my family have gone full NW6 in early 20s. I didn’t want to risk it and wait until it’s to late.

Isaac Newton

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve been to a dermatologist who prescribed my finasteride because he agreed there was thinning. Minor but it’s still there. Also men in my family have gone full NW6 in early 20s. I didn’t want to risk it and wait until it’s to late.
Hairline recession or diffuse thinning? I? Sure there was thinning but it would take a literal trained eye (as u literally had with the derm lol)to see it, in everyday life no one wud see any.

Isaac Newton

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
How did you even catch it so early anyways? Are you a hairdresser? Plus a lot of guys who are bald by early 20s are balding in high school like I was. You must have used hawk vision to examine your hair daily or something

Baldingat188

Reaction score
How did you even catch it so early anyways? Are you a hairdresser? Plus a lot of guys who are bald by early 20s are balding in high school like I was. You must have used hawk vision to examine your hair daily or something
Honestly I looked at the back of my head one day in the mirror for something unrelated ( 17 at the time) and noticed my crown area seemed like it was showing to much scalp… from that point on I was pretty much obsessed ( developed a slight ocd , taking 100 pictures everyday). Finally about a year later right before my 19th birthday I got on finasteride. Now I’ve been on finasteride for almost 5 years and my I don’t really think much about hairloss anymore because finasteride has maintained Wel for me. Instead my mind has become preoccupied with other ocd type issues.

Isaac Newton

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Honestly I looked at the back of my head one day in the mirror for something unrelated ( 17 at the time) and noticed my crown area seemed like it was showing to much scalp… from that point on I was pretty much obsessed ( developed a slight ocd , taking 100 pictures everyday). Finally about a year later right before my 19th birthday I got on finasteride. Now I’ve been on finasteride for almost 5 years and my I don’t really think much about hairloss anymore because finasteride has maintained Wel for me. Instead my mind has become preoccupied with other ocd type issues.
I'm surprised finasteride is that strong. There was another guy here years back who did the same, and his brother was similar age and fully bald while he kept his hair. finasteride really is the cure if you're talking about maintenance I guess, I mean ofc without considering those f*****g side effects lmao

@DoctorHouse do you remember who I'm referring to?

Isaac Newton

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I remember at 16 having a balding crown and just being in denial mode for like 6 months while people kept asking if I had cancer and telling me I was balding. That sh*t was f*****g traumatic. I still have nightmares every now and then of going back to those balding high school days.

I actually changed schools right before I started balding so I have nightmares especially of going to my first high school, while totally bald, like for some reason I have to repeat a grade

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I'm surprised finasteride is that strong. There was another guy here years back who did the same, and his brother was similar age and fully bald while he kept his hair. finasteride really is the cure if you're talking about maintenance I guess, I mean ofc without considering those f*****g side effects lmao

@DoctorHouse do you remember who I'm referring to?
No! I don't know who you are talking about.

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
I remember at 16 having a balding crown and just being in denial mode for like 6 months while people kept asking if I had cancer and telling me I was balding. That sh*t was f*****g traumatic. I still have nightmares every now and then of going back to those balding high school days.

I actually changed schools right before I started balding so I have nightmares especially of going to my first high school, while totally bald, like for some reason I have to repeat a grade
Damn man. But I definitely know that 6 month denial period. I was paranoid about hair loss probably in April of 2020 but it wasn't very noticeable but started seeing the hairline shed also there really wasn't anything I could do because of the Covid lock downs.

But 6 months later I see it get slightly worse and realize that there is no denying it, I was balding. I believe it was in August or September of last year when I realized this and had an emotional breakdown that was so bad my dad had to come over to my apartment and take me to my parents place because I was suicidal.

I spent the next 3 months in what I call the depressed panic mode because I was so afraid of side effects. I struggled with work, started getting therapy through a program my company had during the pandemic. It was only 3 sessions but they helped a little. My parents think I should still seek therapy.

Then my new years resolution was to start treatment and save my hair. So I got on generic finasteride in like late January and thought I was getting side effects and freaked out after just 3 days.

I was very depressed after that. My libido returned after 3 days but at the same time I felt baldness was going to win and I felt even more depressed. After 2 months of depression, I realized my libido was gone and thought I had pfs or something but it actually wasn't that I was so depressed that libido was gone. So basically I was going to lose libido from depression anyway so f*** it let's just get on finasteride.

I decided to let it clear out, get blood tests, and try a lower dose. Restarted in May at .25mg and now I'm on Propecia 1mg per day. No issues so far after almost 6 months. I really wish I started earlier though. 1 year earlier may have saved more of my hairline. Who knows, maybe I wouldn't be afraid to go outside if I started earlier.

I guess what I'm trying to say here is that everyone who goes through hair loss suffers like this and it's something only we understand fully and that's unfortunately why there is no cure.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes you are right I am mostly full head with minor thinning because I got on finasteride early. I’ve private messaged members on here pics of my hair and I have definitely posted pictures of my hair but that was years ago. I’ve had no need to post more recent pictures because my hair hasn’t changed.

im not trying to mislead anyone about the severity of my hairloss. I did have a bit of BDD/ obsession about it before I got on finasteride. Now I got on finasteride and I’ve maintained my hair but I’m basically asexual. Not sure if I should attribute that to the finasteride but it sucks not feeling attraction.

That's a sensible post and congratulations on sticking with it, it's worth it. Finasteride has maintained all my hair for close to 7 years I think, I had started it after my corners were gone which I got fixed, luckily there was no real diffuse loss elsewhere. It will serve you well throughout your prime and surgery can fix any stubborn sensitive areas. You may always have been asexual or perhaps clinical depression? I'm still horny despite regular sex and older too than you. Get into shape, clear your mind whatever it takes and start meeting girls, may rekindle something.

Will Be an Egg in 5 years

My Regimen
Reaction score
Also in my yearly low in hair terms.

I hate/am afraid of getting haircuts and basically just got 7 cuts since 2019. The last was amazing, the best I'e ever had in mu life, but It came with a price. It acelerated my hair loss as I feared It would do.

In terms of life, I gave up a long time ago. For now I Just want to save some money.