HISTOGEN (Regenica HGEN-001) - Launch date 2015.

propaganda

Reaction score
Re: REGENICA (Histogen HGEN-001) - Launch date 2015.

ChrisJ said:
Good news but 7 years? :sobbing:

Who cares as long if this is true, i will be waiting till my 70's if i live this long for this "cure" and then chase grannies with my new golden locks.

bababooey

Established Member
Reaction score

The before and after pics arent THAT impressive after a second look...

The avg length of hair on second pic is twice as long as the first one. Also the second pic skin looks a couple shades darker than the baseline one.

I do think the second one had more hair count, but the results are a bit exaggerated.

ComeOnPropy

Established Member
Reaction score

Pessimists reign supreme again. This is a 12 week update and CLEARLY that guy has new hair growing, and a definate increase in follicle density and diameter. If this is a product that will take a few months like minoxidil and Propecia and this is the result its getting in 3 months wouldnt it be best to wait and see what the results are like after 6 when it has a full chance to kick into gear, maybe optimum results need a year so just relax.

decro435

Experienced Member
Reaction score
In one of those pictures it actually looks worse.

Why can't we grow hair like mice?

bababooey

Established Member
Reaction score
Wow the presentation has even more evidence that this stuff is promising, I take my previous post on this back...

It looks like the whole clinical is off of one shot of this stuff.
"Study duration-upwards to 12 months for follow-up, baseline, and 5 months (following single sc injection)"

Hopefully, these newly induced hair follicles can resist DHT for more than 6 months.

SoThatsLife

Established Member
Reaction score
Remember that this is only after 12 weeks with a low dose to check the safety. One can see that some hair have become thicker, this could be recent shedded hairs, but it makes me optimistic. If they can make hair permanent that would even be a half-cure.

http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/img/u ... image5.jpg

If one look close, 2 hairs have become 3 hairs some places.

And the best thing of all, THEY RELEASED PICTURES OF A HUMAN HEAD. Not picture of mice. The second best thing, they put the pressure on Follica. Follica KNOW they will get some growth, it's just a mater of how much and if it is acceptable for marketing reason. Follica's worst fear is that the procedure is super easy and only needs to repleted several times, so they keep their cards close to their chest and works on maximizing their results. But they are somewhat safe since Follica have patented a lot and the approach and time is really important.

I just hope don't hope the bogus lawsuit against Histogen is going anywhere.

BTW, Goata007, Histogen has said that ReGenica for skin care will not do anything for hair loss. I thought it as you or chrome that emailed them.

goata007

Established Member
Reaction score
SoThatsLife said:
BTW, Goata007, Histogen has said that ReGenica for skin care will not do anything for hair loss. I thought it as you or chrome that emailed them.

I haven't contacted histogen at all. Did they say that it won't do anything for hairloss OR that the formulation for hair growth is different?

SoThatsLife

Established Member
Reaction score
Check out the post at page 3 of this thread.

iwantperfection

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hair in 2nd pic is twice the length. funny how they dont shave it to same length to fully compare. i dont buy it. Its no cure. Maybe good alternative to minoxidil

chrome

Established Member
Reaction score
iwantperfection said:
hair in 2nd pic is twice the length. funny how they dont shave it to same length to fully compare. i dont buy it. Its no cure. Maybe good alternative to minoxidil

minoxidil is twice a day. This was just ONE injection then pics 12 weeks later. Try applying minoxidil ONCE only then taking pics 12 weeks later.

goata007

Established Member
Reaction score
SoThatsLife said:

Ok, just saw that post. Yeah so I didn't email them it was chrome.

SoThatsLife said:
BTW, Goata007, Histogen has said that ReGenica for skin care will not do anything for hair loss.

Having just read their email, nowhere are they saying that ReGenica for skin won't do anything for hairloss. What they said was that ReGenica comes from the same process but has different formulation. In pharmaceutical terms, formulation basically means delivery mechanism i.e. oral (geltab, capsule, tablet), injection, ointment etc etc. So all they are saying is that it would have a different formulation, which we already know i.e. ReGenica for skin is a topical cream whereas ReGenica for hair growth is an injection.

Unless by formulation they meant that the ingredients are different as well than obviously it won't do much for hair at all. As for their next statement in that email which says that "the products should not be used interchangeably". Honestly, this looks more like a disclaimer. If they say you can give it a shot then they'll get pounded by the FDA.

ClayShaw

Experienced Member
Reaction score
goata007 said:
SoThatsLife said:

Ok, just saw that post. Yeah so I didn't email them it was chrome.

SoThatsLife said:
BTW, Goata007, Histogen has said that ReGenica for skin care will not do anything for hair loss.

Having just read their email, nowhere are they saying that ReGenica for skin won't do anything for hairloss. What they said was that ReGenica comes from the same process but has different formulation. In pharmaceutical terms, formulation basically means delivery mechanism i.e. oral (geltab, capsule, tablet), injection, ointment etc etc. So all they are saying is that it would have a different formulation, which we already know i.e. ReGenica for skin is a topical cream whereas ReGenica for hair growth is an injection.

Unless by formulation they meant that the ingredients are different as well than obviously it won't do much for hair at all. As for their next statement in that email which says that "the products should not be used interchangeably". Honestly, this looks more like a disclaimer. If they say you can give it a shot then they'll get pounded by the FDA.

I think the .pdf that was posted here indicated they were considering adding Regenica to a shampoo...

chrome

Established Member
Reaction score
Withdrawal of investors, lawsuit hit Histogen hard
By Terri Somers
Union-Tribune Staff Writer
http://www3.signonsandiego.com...ors-lawsuit-hi/

2:00 a.m. February 24, 2009

Histogen, a San Diego company that revealed promising trial with a hair regrowth product last week, is about $1 million in debt and is staying afloat on the credit cards and cash of Chief Executive Gail Naughton.

Jan. 29, the day before the company was to close a $2.4 million funding round, investors pulled out, Naughton said. As a result, Histogen was forced to lay off all of its 36 employees until it could secure new investors, she said.

Earlier that day, Histogen had been served with a patent-infringement suit filed by SkinMedica, a San Diego company that has regenerative skin care products on the market.

The suit alleges that Histogen's ReGenica product, made from growth factors and other cells that promote the activation and growth of stem cells, violates patented scientific techniques that SkinMedica bought in 2003.

The science in question was created at the now-defunct Advanced Tissue Sciences, a company that was run by Naughton, who is also dean of the College of Business Administration at San Diego State University.

When Advanced Tissue Sciences broke up, its assets, including its science, were sold.

The SkinMedica lawsuit also claims that to manufacture the ingredients for Histogen's products, employees are using trade secrets covered by patents that SkinMedica owns. In addition to the hair regrowth treatment, HistoGen has regenerative skin creams for use after microdermabrasion and laser skin therapy.

Naughton said the lawsuit was filed to stop the planned March 6 launch of the cosmetic products.

It won't stop the launch, she said. But it did prompt investors to pull out of the funding round because they did not want their money used to defend a lawsuit, she said.

Now Histogen is hoping to find new investors based on the promising early-stage data from the hair regrowth product, Naughton said.

In the meantime, most of the laid-off employees are continuing to work without receiving pay, at least not right away.

"Basically we have 19 to 20 people working as if nothing happened because they believe in the product and the company. They don't want to shut down the experiments they are running," Naughton said yesterday. "Obviously they cannot do this a long time. It's a short-term situation."

Once investors are committed, the employees will be reimbursed as consultants for the work they are doing now, she said. And they will be rehired, Naughton said.

Naughton denied the patent-infringement claims in the lawsuit.

Histogen's growth factors and other ingredients are grown through a method that is much different from the one outlined in SkinMedica's patent, she said.

"I've been going out of my way for the last four years to make sure there is absolutely no infringement of the patent in terms of manufacturing or composition of our products," Naughton said.

"I think that since we don't have any patents formally published yet, they (SkinMedica) don't have the benefit of knowing exactly what we are doing, and they want to stop the launch of our skin products."

The first court date for the patent case is March 16, 10 days after Naughton plans to launch the Histogen skin products.

bababooey

Established Member
Reaction score
Hopefully the Histogen process is different as the the chief scientist says it is.
Or they can come to a license agreement of sorts.

I'm more concerned about a possible side effect of stem cells - tumor!

ComeOnPropy

Established Member
Reaction score
Well they are not giving up yet and based on there 12 week results another investor will jump on board for this, that is certain.