Histogen Interview w/ Dr. Gail Naughton

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
I'm with hellouser because I am very impressed. All I can say is, Wow! I've never seen a result like it. And Gail Naughton sounded quite confident about that patient's success, as well as other results, during the interview with hellouser.

On the other hand if these people were making these claims at start of the last decade, I might be a little worried. I think that the SEC and justice dept down there in the states have since tightened regulations and laws concerning stock fraud, conflicts of interest, malfeasance etc. Far less room for stock promotion shenanigans in the US than here in Canada or any other country I think. Gail Naughton is a straight shooter as far as I can tell.

*Hellouser was at the congress. He's smart. OK. I also lean towards accepting what Hellouser says, but I also have to use my own judgment. And I'm also smart. In the before pic you can't see the back of the crown or down the back of the head, but in the after pic you can see the entire back of the crown and down the back of the head quite a bit. I think this means that in the after pic his head is leaning further downward than the before pic.

Please look at the pics below, think about what I just said above, and answer these 2 questions please:

* Are you able to see down the back of the head in the before pic?

* Are you able to see down the back of the head in the after pic?

- - - Updated - - -

I agree, in the before picture forelock area is so scarce with hair, there is absolutely no way to create a combover from that. Even if you adjusted the angle (its really not that big of a deal here), it would still tell the same story; the forelock and temples all got results.

I agree as long as they don't change the angle a lot. Hellouser, look at the before pic and see how you can't see down the back part of the head at all. Now look at the after pic and you can see quite a way down the back of the head. The only way I can think of that we would be able to see that far down the back of his head is if his head is faced downward quite a bit. Any other ideas?

- - - Updated - - -

Unless he has topik then it's not enough to do a comb over but there's a weird line:

iZDqp1m.png

You can't see his facial features because... guess what, his new HAIR is in the way. These comments about the photo being faked or having 'poor lighting' are ridiculous. You have to be trolling to make that kind of judgement.... that result is UNDENIABLY amazing.

I'm not saying anything about lighting or coloring or a faked photo. I'm only saying that in the before pic you can't see the back of the crown or down the back of the head at all, but in the after pic you can see the back of the crown and down the back of the head quite a bit. I think the only way this would happen is if he was looking downward in the after pic, and perhaps looking downward quite a bit. The angular difference looks like it might be enough to exaggerate the regrowth.

Folliman

Established Member
Reaction score
They better be taking better pictures (same angle and hair style) during this next trial or they're gonna have a bad time, the combover makes a lot of us sceptical. However I think that even if there's not much regrowth, it seems like the treatment halts hair loss. I really want to believe I'm wrong but there's something really fishy about the pictures. :unsure:

MickChong

Established Member
Reaction score
They better be taking better pictures (same angle and hair style) during this next trial or they're gonna have a bad time, the combover makes a lot of us sceptical. However I think that even if there's not much regrowth, it seems like the treatment halts hair loss. I really want to believe I'm wrong but there's something really fishy about the pictures. :unsure:

There's probably some improvement but they're trying to highlight that in the best possible way using every advantage possible.

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, the before and after photos are taken at a different angle, but there is no denying that very good hair regrowth is obvious. hellouser is right, the result is amazing, and considering that today's traditional proven treatments cannot regrow that amount of hair with alopecia that extensive, unless if you're some sort of rare perfect respondent.

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
I wasn't worried about the different angle until you guys mentioned it.

More worried about the fact it's one picture. That guy may simply be the best responder out of the entire sample.

Jup, valid and sharp point. N=1 means nothing. And off course he was the best responder out of the entire sample. She is going to show the best results to attract attention to her company.

Put 30 people on minoxidil and chances are that somebody is going to get the same cosmetic result.

The rest of Histogen pictures are sub-par and bad imo. Aside from the women who clearly had Telogen Effluvium in her temporal area (way easier to regrow hair).

At least it's good that she is at least is trying to do something though..

- - - Updated - - -

I mean let's take this picture;

kKs7jTp.jpg

This picture doesn't fit in the dream, that Histogen works well, does it?

Where are the other pictures of the other male subjects? Well apparently they are not even good enough to showcase? Or else she obviously would flaunt with it in every way possible to gain as much trust/attention as she can.

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
Yes, the before and after photos are taken at a different angle, but there is no denying that very good hair regrowth is obvious. hellouser is right, the result is amazing, and considering that today's traditional proven treatments cannot regrow that amount of hair with alopecia that extensive, unless if you're some sort of rare perfect respondent.

And the difference in the angle is not a small difference. The difference in the angle is so big that it's possible it could be a big part of what's making it look like the subject grew hair, especially since there is one more difference between the before and after pics since they have also parted his hair differently. The big change in angle + the change in how they parted his hair could collectively make a huge difference. I can not invest in this company based on these pics and based on these pics I can not count on Histogen to regrow hair for me. It might. I think it probably will. But I can't be sure based on these pics.

I think that given the weakness of Histogen's photograph evidence, SM04554 is our best hope for a medical breakthrough short-term.

shookwun

Reaction score
Jup, valid and sharp point. N=1 means nothing. And off course he was the best responder out of the entire sample. She is going to show the best results to attract attention to her company.

Put 30 people on minoxidil and chances are that somebody is going to get the same cosmetic result.

The rest of Histogen pictures are sub-par and bad imo. Aside from the women who clearly had Telogen Effluvium in her temporal area (way easier to regrow hair).

At least it's good that she is at least is trying to do something though..

- - - Updated - - -

I mean let's take this picture;

kKs7jTp.jpg

This picture doesn't fit in the dream, that Histogen works well, does it?

Where are the other pictures of the other male subjects? Well apparently they are not even good enough to showcase? Or else she obviously would flaunt with it in every way possible to gain as much trust/attention as she can.

We have accomplished a stronger version of minioxidil. :mrgreen:

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Would it not be plausible to achieve greater cosmetic improvement were a longer series of follow-up treatment sessions administered?

We know already that a second treatment (20 injections) of their "star patient" after 6 weeks was observed with appreciable (as well as mixed) results.

Hypothetically of course, and respect to case by case unique response variable(s) more frequent treatment protocol may decisively prove

necessary to facilitate greater success or consistency.

I didn't look at the original study or listen to interview so my ideas may well be redundant. My apologies for that.

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
Would it not be plausible to achieve greater cosmetic improvement were a longer series of follow-up treatment sessions administered

That's what I'm hoping. I'm hoping that a series of follow-up treatments (once a month or once every 2 weeks) will give it all back to me and then bi-yearly treatments would maintain it.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Yeah to date that's as close to an ideal ending I can possibly imagine.
If this is realized sooner than later I will change my name to Gail in her honor.

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
They're talking about putting it in Mexco. Mexico sounds like a good place to go to get the treatment except for the increasing number of kidnappings. The kidnappings are dangerous. I think it might be better to put it in The Bahamas.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Kidnappers won't deter me nor will space pirates.
Whether it's in Mexico, the Bahamas or the Hesperian plains of Mars I'll figure out a way of getting my hands on it.

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
Kidnappers won't deter me nor will space pirates.
Whether it's in Mexico, the Bahamas or the Hesperian plains of Mars I'll figure out a way of getting my hands on it.

Kidnappers might deter me. I think that The Bahamas or Bimini would be safer. But Mexico would be safe in a group so if there were groups of people going together then I would go to Mexico. Mexico has towns right at the USA border, such as Juarez, Tijuana, Nogales, Naco. It would be very convenient to go to a Mexican border town in a group for Histogen.

Thespain

Established Member
Reaction score
That's what I'm hoping. I'm hoping that a series of follow-up treatments (once a month or once every 2 weeks) will give it all back to me and then bi-yearly treatments would maintain it.

How expensive would that be? (Not hating just curious as your plan sounds pretty good).

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Convenience is the least of our concerns if a better treatment/cure never materializes.
Kidnappers could care less about full headed male adults let alone baldites like us.
Let's keep it together man.

efedrez

Reaction score
They're talking about putting it in Mexco. Mexico sounds like a good place to go to get the treatment except for the increasing number of kidnappings. The kidnappings are dangerous. I think it might be better to put it in The Bahamas.

My friend I travel to Mexico once a month for work and believe me you don't have to worry about that, just stay in the good areas and you will be ok.
If there is a cure I wouldn't mind going anywhere, there is no reason to be paranoid also about a country, we have enough with hair loss :)

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
One question that I'm not sure has been answered is, will we require maintenance injections, or will these hairs be maintained with finasteride and minoxidl? Obviously it's not going to turn an NW6 to an NW2, but that increase in hair density and pretty decent regrowth could make a big difference, combined with other treatments and hair transplants, I'm pretty excited! Also interesting is that she mentioned trials in Turkey, for Euro people, that's a lot more convenient than a flight to Mexico or Japan, and the costs may be lower there too...

Blackber

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think the one of the more underrated items that has come out of Hellouser's interviews is that some of the researchers believe multiple injections at different stages of the follicle cycle will be needed in order to have a positive effect on all the follicles on your head which makes a lot of sense.

In Hellouser's interview with Gail she mentions that there's a possibility patients will need "touch-ups", i.e. more injections, every couple of years. I don't think anyone really knows at this point, including Gail.

If Replicel works as advertised theoretically you'd only need to one injection and the follicles that are at the right point in their life cycle would be immunized from DHT which is why the public feels those two products would work in a synergistic manner. Histogen would regrow your hair and Replicel would help you maintain it.

Keep in mind Replicel specifically mentioned that you'd need injections at different points in the follicle cycle in order to immunize all your follicles.

I hope this makes sense....

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think the one of the more underrated items that has come out of Hellouser's interviews is that some of the researchers believe multiple injections at different stages of the follicle cycle will be needed in order to have a positive effect on all the follicles on your head which makes a lot of sense.

In Hellouser's interview with Gail she mentions that there's a possibility patients will need "touch-ups", i.e. more injections, every couple of years. I don't think anyone really knows at this point, including Gail.

If Replicel works as advertised theoretically you'd only need to one injection and the follicles that are at the right point in their life cycle would be immunized from DHT which is why the public feels those two products would work in a synergistic manner. Histogen would regrow your hair and Replicel would help you maintain it.

Keep in mind Replicel specifically mentioned that you'd need injections at different points in the follicle cycle in order to immunize all your follicles.

I hope this makes sense....

Well that's a little worrying. From what I've read, they intend that the price be comparable to hair transplant prices, that could be several thousand dollars/Euro/Pounds every couple of years for results that while significant, still fall short of an actual cure. Could be worth it if the results are great though. But for minoxidil standard results that could be very expensive. I'm hoping that hair that is regrown using histogen, we could maintain it with finasteride and catch that hair loss very early

Folliman

Established Member
Reaction score
I wonder if the regrowth from histogen could be kept just fine with finasteride.