Histogen Hair Loss Treatment Update From Dr. Gail Naughton

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can you ask Histogen why they used fake pictures and why they think that we will believe?

To bring in more investors. The pictures weren't fake, they were just deceptive. The hair counts in the data are very impressive. That's what people are excited about. Hair takes a long time to grow. The trial wasn't long enough for the pictures to do the results justice.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can you ask Histogen why they used fake pictures and why they think that we will believe?

OMG, not this again. :rolleyes:

Greybeer

Established Member
Reaction score
Cdo you think if you had big bucks to help move the company forward, you could get the treatment early? Like a 500 K investment

Norwood One

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Lol they didn't use fake pictures. The hair might have been "arranged" a certain way for sure.

What do you make of the pricing info?

"In line with other hair loss treatments" Like, hair transplant expensive?

I would assume near initial propecia/minoxidil rates (before the patents expired and generics were produced).

ossrey

Reaction score
I'm pretty excited about Histogen. Even if it can't take us back to NW1 or NW1.5, I don't care; I just don't want to use minoxidil and finasteride. Both of these work, but have side effects (can't prove the minoxidil facial aging ones, but from experience I'm inclined to think it's true). I want a clean alternative. If the efficacy is the same as what we currently have with the big 3, I'm actually setting the bar low enough to consider that a success. I'm just ready for a side-free option. Being on the the less-than-stellar natural route + Nizoral (at my own risk, I know), I'm hoping I can hang on side-free until something better like this comes along. If regrowth happens, too, which I believe it will, I would be ecstatic.

Hoping to go on a "vacation" to Mexico in 2017 or 2018!

lynney45

Established Member
Reaction score
The multiple repeat injections up to the 24 week mark worries me from an expense point of view. This will mean multiple costly trips to mexico on top of the treatment price.

Greybeer

Established Member
Reaction score
f*** it, imagine it gives you full head of hair no need for maintenance. I just wonder if you could pay enough to get it early

WangMQ

Established Member
Reaction score
Nope... multiple injection WILL be a solid concern imo. Even if WE would be desperate enough to invest 24 weeks into it, the vast majority of male pattern baldness sufferes might hesitate, thereby postponing the unfolding of commercialization which makes it actually accessible and feasible as a bussiness.

But I doubt if the cost would be like hair transplant. Considering the consecutive treatments and non-instant effects it has obvious disadvantage to the public already. Gotta lure people in with the cost!!!

(But again, who knows)

Desmond_84

Established Member
Reaction score
Guys as much as I hate to be the skeptic, you should know Histogen and in fact Gail made very similar predictions and claims in October 2013. Just when we thought Histogen is finished, they announced a merger with Stratus Media Group and were promising product release outside of US by second half of 2015! Here's the link to the article in case you forgot:

http://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...us-Media-Group-Histogen-Execute-Letter-Intent

It all fell through. Histogen lost more money and HSC was shelved indefinitely till today. Don't believe the hype till trials actually begin.

Tomtom21

Established Member
Reaction score
To be fair didn't they have a whole patent legal issue/appeal they were fighting? Hopefully, it is just smooth sailing here on out.. I hate to see the pessimism especially from vets like you desmond

GotHair?

Established Member
Reaction score
To be fair didn't they have a whole patent legal issue/appeal they were fighting? Hopefully, it is just smooth sailing here on out.. I hate to see the pessimism especially from vets like you desmond
It is not pessimism it is realism. You frequent these forums long enough and you realize that nothing went to Phase 3 since Finasteride. And that everything released was either a supplement or a topical cosmetics product which does not work.

Mr White

Established Member
Reaction score
[...] In an ideal world I would love to have 2 cellular therapies that work potently. Shisheido & Histogen combined. Just getting some injections by flying from Japan to Mexico :).

Absolutely!

Combination therapy, that's the way to deal with this curse.

Mr White

Established Member
Reaction score
Isn't it funny how Histogen got the most hate but get is the only company to go into phase III for hair loss since propecia? :rolleyes:

I believe that Brotzu's lotion is being developed as a cosmetic, so these complicated regulations and procedures don't apply.

hilbert

Established Member
Reaction score
I believe that Brotzu's lotion is being developed as a cosmetic, so these complicated regulations and procedures don't apply.

indeed it's so. but they're taking their time to do tests and move the lab compound into an off-the-shelf product.

Stupidon

Established Member
Reaction score
indeed it's so. but they're taking their time to do tests and move the lab compound into an off-the-shelf product.
DLGA is not an approved cosmetic yet explaining one purpose of the current trial - related to the EU regulation.
Thanks god they are also testing the efficiency of the lotion... In which parallel world do you live?

hilbert

Established Member
Reaction score
DLGA is not an approved cosmetic yet explaining one purpose of the current trial - related to the EU regulation.
Thanks god they are also testing the efficiency of the lotion... In which parallel world do you live?

in the universe i'm living in, neither dgla or equol are already registered as cosmetic compounds. so fidia is also filing them as such and getting the authorization.
but it's a different process than NCEs approval by the fda or similar. afaik you can even ask to register sth and start commercializing it. if then it fails, you have to stop using it.

Stupidon

Established Member
Reaction score
You have to provide some safety data before commercializing the compound (I agree the process is absurd as you do not get clearance notification).

orkun

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Histogen
new DHT resistant hair ?
Finastreid DHT is continued resistance ?