Hey guys is Going on finasteride now too late? Have i messed it up by going so late?

How bad is it

• Can be saved with finasteride

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Give up hair transplant needed

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Need more than finasteride on there monix too

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Need even more than finasteride and minoxidil

Votes: 4 26.7%

• Total voters

arnob

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Also quick question guys on finasteride taking finasteride means it wont get any worse will it?

arnob

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Also lots people saying hair transplant needed on the poll is that not a bit ott?

arnob

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would start on finasteride and minoxidil first and see how you get on.
finasteride I've started tking pal recently 1mg but what scares me with minoxidil is side effects due to heart terrified and also the shedding seems awful as well just frightens me- problem I have is hair looks different in so many pics due to lighting as well oh what a mess lol

NickyA

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's never too late man, just go for it. If you want to get a transplant later on the doctors will put you on finasteride anyway, so by starting now you'll be able to ease yourself into it slowly and if you need or want a transplant down the line you'll be used to taking finasteride already. Just don't expect awesome results, if they happen then great, if they don't start considering more treatments or start researching more about hair transplants. Also adding minoxidil+microneedling or dermarolling, maybe even tretinoin may be useful since many diffusers respond well to minoxidil.

arnob

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's never too late man, just go for it. If you want to get a transplant later on the doctors will put you on finasteride anyway, so by starting now you'll be able to ease yourself into it slowly and if you need or want a transplant down the line you'll be used to taking finasteride already. Just don't expect awesome results, if they happen then great, if they don't start considering more treatments or start researching more about hair transplants.
Thanks bro really appreciate it i just gonna use finasteride for now I'm just scared about taking more I know I messed up not taking earlier but if it can be saved or at very least maintained im willing go with finasteride

Only issue I have major one is lighting just looks so diff in diff lighting

arnob

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks bro really appreciate it i just gonna use finasteride for now I'm just scared about taking more I know I messed up not taking earlier but if it can be saved or at very least maintained im willing go with finasteride

Only issue I have major one is lighting just looks so diff in diff lighting
minoxidil scares the life out of me tho thats the thing heart side effects will ask my Doctor

arnob

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
feel like diffuse thinning is worse than standard male pattern baldness is diffuse thinning male pattern baldness as well

arnob

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Diffuse is f*****g terrible. Receding thick hair is a norm as you age diffuse is a nightmare
only solace i have is seem to respond better diffusers from research i did with most meds but for me i dont know how far its gone bro sad thiis think im too late

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I really depends. Some people with diffuse can just grow it longer and it looks better. Others grow it longer.... and it looks worse. Regardless, you can at least use concealer in that situation. A receding hairline is much harder to hide.

Catagen

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I really depends. Some people with diffuse can just grow it longer and it looks better. Others grow it longer.... and it looks worse. Regardless, you can at least use concealer in that situation. A receding hairline is much harder to hide.
True, its a case by case thing, very diffuse when grown out looks very bad when you can see scalp from all angles but I mostly see this in old guys. Recession mainly kills younger guys. Combo of both is the worst case scenario which seems to be the norm. I see indians and arabs go diffuse with NW1-3 hairlines in NW7 pattern but whites hairlines go back to NW4-NW5.

Also concealers are a godsend for not completely gone diffuse thinners which are NW1-3, there is a user here who uses concealers while being very diffuse but his hairline is decent for normies, if you are a thick recessed NW4 only a wig remains.

arnob

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What is concealer bro? I honestly mine looked so much yhicker longer hence why so starking when i saw it short for the firdt time in ages

arnob

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
True, its a case by case thing, very diffuse when grown out looks very bad when you can see scalp from all angles but I mostly see this in old guys. Recession mainly kills younger guys. Combo of both is the worst case scenario which seems to be the norm. I see indians and arabs go diffuse with NW1-3 hairlines in NW7 pattern but whites hairlines go back to NW4-NW5.

Also concealers are a godsend for not completely gone diffuse thinners which are NW1-3, there is a user here who uses concealers while being very diffuse but his hairline is decent for normies, if you are a thick recessed NW4 only a wig remains.
What Norwood am i i have no idea my hairline is in tact im baeically arab lol i dunno because 2hen i had it much longer i mean like rapunzel hair people talked about how thick it was dont get me wrong i could still see scalp but only on top you see

arnob

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ill certainly look into that thank you im not sure if i ned it rihjt now becausw i want to see if finasteride will help thicken and steneghen my hair ive calmed down so much since yesterday lol