Here's An Update On My Case. I Dropped 1 Norwood In A Month Or So. Need Advice.

genetically_cursed

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So basically today i came home after a long day of my fringe not being styled and it was annoyingly touchning eyebrows all the time. Came home, watered it and puled fringe back to see my head again. My heart nearly stopped that moment. I crossed the point where you lost too much hair and it already looks ugly. Norwood 3 now. Was norwood 2-2.5 like 2 months ago. I dont have any balding genes in family whatsoever. It's progressing too fast.

Im not on any medications yet. My Doctor prescribed rogaine and said dont take finasteride. She said finasteride is too much for ur case, but she didnt even look at my hair line receiding and its density.

@20 yo i was norwood 1 with slight genetic bald spot on one of the temples.

This sh*t destroyed desire to live and do anything, it looks extremely ugly at this point already, not only i need to save hair npw, but will have to do hair transplant if i ever want to looks okish again.

Pics attached, it looks much worse in real life than on pics.

What should i hop on? If i dont take finasteride its over?

Also look at amount of grey hairs i have, i lost @ genetic lottery.

@michel sapin

Attachments

• density is dead.jpg
    density is dead.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 1,417
  • nw3 angle.jpg
    nw3 angle.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 1,268
  • sh*t density.jpg
    sh*t density.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 1,354
  • side profile.jpg
    side profile.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 1,115
  • its over.jpg
    its over.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 1,379
  • nw3.jpg
    nw3.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 1,287
  • grey hairs1.jpg
    grey hairs1.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 1,179

Parise

Reaction score
to be honest it doesn't look that bad for your age. you're 27 according to your profile? your pictures don't hint at severe balding and to outside people (non norwood-spotters) you probably don't look like any balding at all.

The thing is, you never know how your hairloss will proceed because it's so individual... you could still have the same amount of hair in like 15 years or you could be nw5 in two years (to be a little exaggerated). finasteride will definetly give you great prospects of maintaining your hair, taking rogaine only might yield some early results but can backfire easily.... it's up to you

genetically_cursed

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
to be honest it doesn't look that bad for your age. you're 27 according to your profile? your pictures don't hint at severe balding and to outside people (non norwood-spotters) you probably don't look like any balding at all.

The thing is, you never know how your hairloss will proceed because it's so individual... you could still have the same amount of hair in like 15 years or you could be nw5 in two years (to be a little exaggerated). finasteride will definetly give you great prospects of maintaining your hair, taking rogaine only might yield some early results but can backfire easily.... it's up to you
24 man, im fucked. im losing around 300 hairs every time i wash my hair. idk what happened. im supposed to not have balding genes.

scared as f*** of finasteride sides, but its time to pull the triger.

life is cold harsh brutal unforgiving ruthless wh***.

Cue Bald

Experienced Member
Reaction score
it is hard to tell if you have a mature hairline with a high forehead (not balding), or are indeed balding and are now a Norwood 2.5 (i would say you were at most a NW2.5).
but unfortunately if you are shedding bad it probably is male pattern baldness :-( people say shedding isn't an indicator of male pattern baldness but it certainly was an indicator in my case. when I started shedding (30+ hairs on the bed overnight when it used to be at most 5, hair falling out almost every minute when before it used to be so rare i wouldn't even notice it) that is when male pattern baldness kicked in and i receeded and lost density bad.

for me finasteride worked wonders, it stopped the shedding within a week.
unfortunately I got on finasteride far too late, I was Norwood 3.5 almost Norwood 4. at first i was in denial thinking i was just getting bad haircuts (to explain the thin front), but when i first saw my bald crown i knew it was really happening. i had longish hair at this time and the amount of hair i would find on the floor, in my bed, and on my hands after shampooing was unbelievable. after sleeping for 6 hours, i could collect the hairs, bundle them up and it looked like a large lock of hair had been cut out with scissors.

even then i didn't get on finasteride as i kept telling myself chicks won't mind, it's just hair. when i started getting ignored by girls when before their eyes lit up while talking to me, that is when i got on finasteride, but it was far too late. i wish i'd got on it as a norwood 1.
the difference was unbelievable. before i would go to the counter of a shop with a young girl and about half the time she would smile, be flirty, give me that eye look. now that never happens, they act just like they do serving a pensioner.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
It seems you are receding, but on the positive note your hair is still thicker than mine ever was.

genetically_cursed

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
it is hard to tell if you have a mature hairline with a high forehead (not balding), or are indeed balding and are now a Norwood 2.5 (i would say you were at most a NW2.5).
but unfortunately if you are shedding bad it probably is male pattern baldness :-( people say shedding isn't an indicator of male pattern baldness but it certainly was an indicator in my case. when I started shedding (30+ hairs on the bed overnight when it used to be at most 5, hair falling out almost every minute when before it used to be so rare i wouldn't even notice it) that is when male pattern baldness kicked in and i receeded and lost density bad.

for me finasteride worked wonders, it stopped the shedding within a week.
unfortunately I got on finasteride far too late, I was Norwood 3.5 almost Norwood 4. at first i was in denial thinking i was just getting bad haircuts (to explain the thin front), but when i first saw my bald crown i knew it was really happening. i had longish hair at this time and the amount of hair i would find on the floor, in my bed, and on my hands after shampooing was unbelievable. after sleeping for 6 hours, i could collect the hairs, bundle them up and it looked like a large lock of hair had been cut out with scissors.

even then i didn't get on finasteride as i kept telling myself chicks won't mind, it's just hair. when i started getting ignored by girls when before their eyes lit up while talking to me, that is when i got on finasteride, but it was far too late. i wish i'd got on it as a norwood 1.
the difference was unbelievable. before i would go to the counter of a shop with a young girl and about half the time she would smile, be flirty, give me that eye look. now that never happens, they act just like they do serving a pensioner.
yeah, man, i see you. i once shed like 400 hairs just by scratching my hair and i put my white tshirt in front to actually see how many hairs would fall out. its completely and totally abnormal. so yeah, turns out with no premise family genetics i have mbp. absolutely brutal and ruthless.

yeah, i already see that im thinkin of goin on finasteride too late, a year ago i was nw1.5 now its nw2.5-3.

how long u been on in it, any sides and where do u source ur finasteride from, man?

genetically_cursed

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Get on finasteride asap. You're heading to 2.5. Stabilising with finasteride is essential for a future transplant. Otherwise with aggressive hair loss can't get aesthetic hair without anti androgen.

Especially since you're young and you don't want to miss out so take charge.

It's not bad yet as you have good density on top so don't panic. But ideally need a thick robust symmetrical non balding hairline to do various styles and not think about hair loss.
yeah, where can i source finasteride from? they sell sh*t generic version of finasteride in my country made in turkey, also i need prescription, which i dont have. and what doses ud advice to start off? hormones bloodwork prior to make sure indicators are right?

exactly, its already too far to have normal hair cuts and rest of my facial harmony is pretty sh*t, therefore balding is a killer for me at this point.

genetically_cursed

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
See a Doctor for prescription. Generic is fine. No routine tests unless you're predisposed. In which case Doctor will do some. It's a cure in many people. I had a frontal transplant as I had a receding hairline before finasteride, more than yours. Rest maintained on finasteride like your top and been Norwood 1/1.5 - don't hesitate to give it a shot mate
my retarded doctor told me to get on rogaine. i said rogaine doesnt stop hairloss and neither it saves hair folliciles from shrinking and dying, it will just be a masquerade with desperate attempt to cover ever more appearing bald spots. she said finasteride is bad for ur health and at this point u dont need it, i wont write u prescription. and whole appointment to that wh*** costed sh*t loads of cash. i was insanely angry afterwards.

ofc she wants to wait for me to drop to nw5 and then give me finasteride. f*** sake.

i need some online pharmacy or some sh*t. cuz she said herself that turkish generic finasteride is sh*t quality that they sell here.

also how old r u and at what u started receiding.

thanks for the info above anyway, u woke me up a little bit. all these posts from reards 'go away full head', now i realize im literally fucked if i dont take risks with finasteride.

BalderBaldyBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Of course you got to start finasteride, you have Androgenetic Alopecia, but you're far from NW3, no need to get uberdramatic.

genetically_cursed

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Rogaine alone is like not treating hair. Quit the rogaine maybe as you're not diffuse and it's not growing your hairline back I presume? The use of a growth stimulant doesn't apply to you if that's the case. So it's largely defunct especially at this point. Need to save those follicles and one vital drug is enough for that, at least as a starting point. Easier routine, less sides and cash saved. finasteride and get 2k grafts on the front one day in a few years. Job done. Can supplement further surgery if needed or adding in minoxidil ,derma roll and new treatments. Keep things simple and basics at the beginning.

Some of the key questions for surgery ? Are on finasteride? Is it stable? after that donor game but bear in mind people like joe tillman had 10k grafts on a bald head and in his words it's still thin ..and that's on a 40 year old plus. Save native hair to win even if u got thick massive donor.
where u source ur finasteride from?
Of course you got to start finasteride, you have Androgenetic Alopecia, but you're far from NW3, no need to get uberdramatic.
where u source ur finasteride from?

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
that was a blurry pics , with favorable light , and that was my good side . i am 2.5 on the right side and Norwood 2 and the left . WHich is kinda weird
you're Norwood 0 bro ^^ as well at doctor house who is Norwood Norwood -1 ^^

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
that was a blurry pics , with favorable light , and that was my good side . i am 2.5 on the right side and Norwood 2 and the left . WHich is kinda weird
you're Norwood 0 bro ^^ as well at doctor house who is Norwood Norwood -1 ^^
@michel sapin, you actually have better hair than this guy. @davesmith420, I have finally seen @michel sapin hair and its only a NW2 at the most and great density. Don't worry @michel sapin, I am not going to show anyone your photos but I think people need to know you are only a NW2. And my hair loss is similar to yours although you can't see it since you have BDD too.