here we go...Dr Lees item 500 vs minoxidilmax fast drying

hairington

Reaction score
Yes shipping is excellent from M.M. 3 to 4 days on two different shipments. So based on others comments (thank you) I am stocked up. Now if I could only pry my fingers away from my dwindling supply of Dr. Lees and give it a proper test.....

Radio M.P. when you say syrupy I'm assuming you meant a bit less runny Like Cassin? How is the drying effect ? Kind of clean or a bit greasy?

I will be trying it out myself within a few days and report back as well. Based on the comments of others and the smell and feel test (rubbing between 2 fingers), I am hopeful.

Hoping to hear more from others as well.

hairington

Reaction score
Ok update. I have been using new product for a week now. I'm really understanding the wisdom of Cassins post now.

There is a difference, but I cannot yet quantify what it is. If the effectiveness is the same, it is truly difficult to discern the differences. Seemingly as gentle on the scalp. So this is good news. I as well, do not notice much difference either. It may be a bit better or a bit worse as cosmetic function goes. I may like it better but it will take a few more weeks to know for sure. But it is far superior to greasy formulas and I am much relieved to have found it. Thanks to those who suggested it.

I am speaking of 5% only.

In another interesting turn of events, apparently Dr. Lees people have let it be known that a future site called minoxidil solutions.com will be handling solutions very similar to his own. So if this is indeed true this is also good news. But I have Not yet confirmed this is more than rumor or a creative spam attempt at this time. But it may be accurate info.... We will see.

I understand there has been some spamming of MM products prior to this and one of the things I most disslike on these sites is the constant attempts by shills of various bents to misdirect people and infect the boards with there demented views. Having said that at least for now this seems like a good product and I'm darned glad to have found it. Will report further as I contnue to put it through it's paces. Anyone else have some feedback from use to add?

Cassin

Reaction score
"In another interesting turn of events, apparently Dr. Lees people have let it be known that a future site called minoxidil solutions.com"

Hmmmmmmmmm....,

monitoradiation

Established Member
Reaction score
I appreciate the effort that you guys put in. I've recently purchased Perfect Image 15% and 5% minoxidil solutions but unfortunately they contain PPG and I am reluctant to try them. Trying to conserve my last bottles of Dr. Lees and will use them as my last line of defense.

If the general consensus on the MinoxidilMax stuff with no PPG is decent, I will give them a shot first.

Thanks everyone.

Cassin

Reaction score
Well its been close enough to a month ....

There are two differences I can tell

1. This is slightly thicker than Dr Lees but it dries just as fast. I actually like it better since it doesn't run down my head since its not too thin thereby not wasting liquid. This is a plus!

2. I noticed an ingredient difference on the bottles yesterday which is the last ingredient. On Dr Lees he lists Vitamin E on the bottle Maybe this is why Dr Lees is thinner?

I am very satisfied that this is a proper replacement for Dr Lees item #500. So with that I will be ordering more.

I feel like I have missed some reply's and PM's so please resend them. My Inbox got full and I had to delete a huge chunk so I can get messages again.

JWM

Reaction score
Cassin, shouldn't you wait a bit longer to see if it's effective before you order more?

Cassin

Reaction score
JWM said:
Cassin, shouldn't you wait a bit longer to see if it's effective before you order more?

Well I am not planning on ordering anything soon. I bought two bottles and I only use minoxidil once a day so I have about 2 - 3 more months left. But I don't see any reason to look for another replacement company at this time.

The fact is...there is going to be a lot of companies vying for Dr Lees spot and I don't plan on going through them all as I am incredibly careful about what I use. Also I am not looking for anything fancy, something easy that dries fast that doesn't feel like napalm on my scalp. The folks that need are into all the add ins are harder hit by Dr Lee leaving than me.

Why more people didn't make a fast drying version while Dr Lee was still around is beyond me. Part of me thinks its because some of these companies have people in charge who don't use the products so maybe they don't get creative? I asked Dr Pickart that years ago and he told me there was no need for it. And be mindful he's someone that doesn't use minoxidil.

JWM

Reaction score
No, never posted on those forums. You had to register for some kind of forum or something first before you could post, and I am far too lazy for that.

hairington

Reaction score
I'm in agreement. If this product proves effective then it is a decent alternative to my former favorite. As far as I can tell it is quite similar and for that I'm grateful.

TheShopKeeper

Established Member
Reaction score
Well I recieved my MinoxidilMax order three days ago. I must say that their shipping is super fast. I live in the UK and I recieved my order within a week of ordering.

I think this is an ideal replacement for Dr. Lee's minoxidil. Although I do prefer the 6% minoxidil/finasteride solution.

But I am actually quite impressed with the quality of the dropper. Its glass and it has a thin end which makes it easier to apply directly to my scalp without touching too much of my hair.

Cassin

Reaction score
TheShopKeeper said:
I think this is an ideal replacement for Dr. Lee's minoxidil. Although I do prefer the 6% minoxidil/finasteride solution.

Yeah! I loved the 6%. I'd love for mmax to start making it but it would put a clock on the life of their business.

I'm wondering what it would take to get a custom order made of 5% here locally. I could just hand them my mmax and finasteride and see if they would add in the appropriate amount of finasteride. Does anyone remember how many ml's of finasteride were in the 6%?

hairington

Reaction score
1 mg. of finasteride.

60 mg.of minoxidil

in a base of distilled water, propylene glycol, ethyl alcohol and a trace of phosphoric acid. 65 ml of solution in total.

I have just a little left. Man I hope someone of skill and integrity puts out a product similar to this.

longhair1983

Established Member
Reaction score
hairington said:
1 mg. of finasteride.

60 mg. of minoxidil
I guess the amount is in each ml, not the total of 65 ml, right? Can one just add 60 mg of finasteride to 60 ml of Minoxidilmax fast dry to make 5% minoxidil plus. I know it is not 6% minoxidil plus. But I doubt the 1% difference in minoxidil will make any difference. The question is how I can dissolve finasteride into the solution. Any idea?

longhair1983

Established Member
Reaction score
hairington said:
1 mg. of finasteride.

60 mg.of minoxidil

in a base of distilled water, propylene glycol, ethyl alcohol and a trace of phosphoric acid. 65 ml of solution in total.

I have just a little left. Man I hope someone of skill and integrity puts out a product similar to this.
BTW, where did you get your finasteride powder?

Cassin

Reaction score
longhair1983 said:
hairington said:
1 mg. of finasteride.

60 mg.of minoxidil

BTW, where did you get your finasteride powder?

I think he means he has a little of the 6% left.

Kev123

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
TheGrayMan2001 said:
JWM said:
Can you guys absolutely not use Kirkland or Rogaine? Does it kill your scalps that much?

I can use the Kirkland liquid, but it sometimes makes my scalp itch after applicating, and after three or four days of consistent use, if I run my hand through my hair, I have hundreds of little white flakes that come out of my head from the residue from the Kirkland solution. It really looks like I have terrible dandruff. If I use foam in the morning and liquid at night, it lessens the flakiness.

I've assumed the flakes are residue from the Kirkland liquid. If it's actually dried skin\dandruff then someone tell me, cause it's causing me to have actual dandruff.

I have the same problem with Kirkland's. I've been using it for 7 months. It's so cheap I don't want to switch from it, but at the end of this month, i'm gonna go back to Rogaine and then probably buy 10% minoxidalmax without PPG to use it in the night, Rogaine in the morning.