here we go...Dr Lees item 500 vs minoxidilmax fast drying

Cassin

Reaction score
So....Dr Lees is out of business and I can't use off the shelf liquid minoxidil because of a severe allergic reaction...

Rogaine foam is ok but I hate how it leaves my hair looking.

Like a lot of us I have been trying to find a substitute for a bit so I ordered 2 bottles of minoxidilmax "Fast Drying" to compare. Ingredients are the same and pricing is about the same. If successful I won't be able to tell a difference.

I will let you guys know.

Dr Lees

Minoxidil 5%
#500 Minoxidil 5%
Price: $ 16.65
Quantity and Ingredients: 65 mL. 5% minoxidil (50mg minoxidil / mL) in a liquid base of 50% ethyl alcohol, 30% propylene glycol, and 20% water

minoxidilmax.com
A. Effective ingredients:
Minoxidil 5% (i.e. 3 grams of minoxidil in bottle, i.e. 50mg/mL)
Price $18
60ml
Ethanol (50%)
propylene glycol (30%)
Purified Water (20%)

I hate trying new stuff and I hate uncertainty....

JugZ

Reaction score
I use their Dualgen 15% from www.minoxidilmax.com and it seems to dry quicker than Rogaine (Regaine in the UK).

Only used for a couple of months so cannot comment on it's efficacy as of yet

ajax

Established Member
Reaction score
The problem with this compay is that someone on The Bald Truth asked them questions about their product.

They refused to answer any that related to:

a) If the product was safe
b) If it works

Use by all means, but be warned!

Cassin

Reaction score
Those are questions that could get them into legal problems. Ask any supplement company the same question and they won't answer either if they want to stay in business. IMO them not answering is a non issue.

ajax

Established Member
Reaction score
Cassin said:
Those are questions that could get them into legal problems. Ask any supplement company the same question and they won't answer either if they want to stay in business. IMO them not answering is a non issue.

Have you read the following thread Cassin?

http://www.baldtruthtaIk.com/showthread.php?t=4718

Not sure how you can be so blase about some random company that sprouted up in Ebay?

ajax

Established Member
Reaction score
Shift said:
OK Ajax let's be your will!
I'll stop usingt heir product!

Hi Shaft,

I'm not saying DONT use their product, I think more debate needs to be made about whether they are a trusted supplier, and that their products are safe and effective.

I think everyone should be given the information out there so they can make the best choices... if anyone has information that answers the concerns raised on TBT, then I am happy (as will users of the product) to hear them.

Until we have more information though I think people need to be aware that they refused to answer some very important questions IMO.

Cassin

Reaction score
ajax said:
Cassin said:

Not sure how you can be so blase about some random company that sprouted up in Ebay?
They are on amazon.com too which I trust as they kick off bad sellers fast.

I understand what you're saying but people have had the same annoyances with lee and proctor in the past.

I'm just trying to be unbiased until I personally see how this goes. I still have some item 500 left and I plan on doing a lot of comparing.

ajax

Established Member
Reaction score
Cassin said:
ajax said:
Cassin said:

They are on amazon.com too which I trust as they kick off bad sellers fast.

I understand what you're saying but people have had the same annoyances with lee and proctor in the past.

I'm just trying to be unbiased until I personally see how this goes. I still have some item 500 left and I plan on doing a lot of comparing.

The problem is that a "bad seller" might not deliver products, or not deliver what you've ordered.

With something like this there is not way of Amazon knowing whether this is just some dodgy guy knocking up a load of crap in his garage to sell to the world as something as its not.

Do these guys have a proper website, or do they just sell on Ebay & Amazon? If they dont have one, why not?

I understand the need to be unbiased, but did you look at the link i posted, and if so were there any alarm bells ringing about how this company seems to operate?

ajax

Established Member
Reaction score
Cassin said:
Ajax

Here is their site http://www.minoxidilmax.com/

Let me get back to you on that link as I'm on my iPhone

Hi Cassin,

Thanks for the link... its strange they are trading on Ebay and Amazon if they have a site?

Also surprised they can do this when Dr Lee got closed down despite being a lot more discreet. Obviously they aren't based in the USA but am surprised Amazon lets them trade non approved formulas.

Anyway thats not really that important I dont think.

Yes please let me know what you think of the link. I was about to order from this company before I read that and it made me look elsewhere... maybe you'll have a different view though?

OverMachoGrande

Reaction score
This company were word censored and banned for spamming here but it has been some time but that was the reason for the censor. By spamming I mean they created a few accounts, posed as a consumer to push their product and also signed up again to bash Dr. Lee's formula on this forum and HLH and were called out and admitted it.

That all being said I have actually used their product and it does work rather well, it is really sticky (Dualgen 15% with Azelaic Acic) and leaves hair messy but again I did get good results when I was using it.

JWM

Reaction score
I was just about to ask about the whole spamming issue. I guess it's all been forgotten?

Declan123

Reaction score
PropeciaJunkie said:
This company were word censored and banned for spamming here but it has been some time but that was the reason for the censor. By spamming I mean they created a few accounts, posed as a consumer to push their product and also signed up again to bash Dr. Lee's formula on this forum and HLH and were called out and admitted it.

That all being said I have actually used their product and it does work rather well, it is really sticky (Dualgen 15% with Azelaic Acic) and leaves hair messy but again I did get good results when I was using it.

I am very glad to hear this, as i have been on Dr Lee's Xandrox 15 w/o ppg for 6 months and have just run out i ordered the Dualgen 15% w/o ppg and have been using it for 3 days now, i must admit my head is a little inflamed from it, do you think that i will experience shedding becuase of stopping the Xandrox 15 % and switching to this?

I have also a bottle left of the 5% Xandrox for AM application, do you think i should use standard rogaine 5% when this runs out, what are you thoughts here?

Regards,

Declan

Cassin

Reaction score
RadioMopTopHead said:
what has your regime been recently then? Are you still using the foam?

Yeah...just finishing up some random bottles of foam and Dr Lees.

I will say this about minoxidil max thus far..the packaging was done very well. Tight and bubble wrapped which is far better than Dr Lees loose method with a few Styrofoam clusters tossed in. I also got the package in about 4 days which is the same as Dr Lees...which was typically 3 to 5.

Also it comes with a well put together information sheet about the product.

I don't expect this stuff to regrow a single hair as I am past that point since I have been using treatments for awhile. I simply expect it to dry fast and not cause me an allergic reaction like regular minoxidil. So in other-words...I expect a seamless change.