here we go...Dr Lees item 500 vs minoxidilmax fast drying

LookingGood!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Did nt Dr Lee come back under a different name?

How do we know the efficacy of these products at minoxidilmax?

supermusic

Established Member
Reaction score
I have no doubt that they have made 5% minoxidil with 30% ppg only. I do not think it has too much difficulty.

Another thing is if it is as effective as most commercial minoxidil 5% who are forced to increase the ppg concentration to obtain good results .

Anyway do not think there are many more option for those who are sensitive to ppg or who choose not to apply the product during the day by the look of your hair would be disastrous. It may be necessary to sacrifice some efficiency in favor of avoiding irritation and other side effects caused by ppg and could eventually lead to more prejudice than good.

Cassin

Reaction score
idontwanttobebalding said:
cassin said:
Well I wouldn't say that exactly. I love how gentle it is which I love. I just can''t stand the smell or cosmetic effect unless my hair is damn near shaved.

Can you smell the unscented foam? :dunno: :shock:
No I gave up right when the unscented came out.

israelite

Experienced Member
Reaction score
LookingGood! said:

def not the same products. long term users of xandrox 15 plus are losing ground on the new version.

LookingGood!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
israelite said:
LookingGood! said:

def not the same products. long term users of xandrox 15 plus are losing ground on the new version.

What do you mean losing ground? How can you tell?

Reaction score
Yeah I'm just gonna add that I'm losing drastic ground on the essengen.

Started in June 2011 and thought I was maintaining at least till November, but it was when I got a haircut in November that it was obvious I wasn't, and things have only got worse now! Forelock has thinned right out, rogain foam and kirkland liquid are on order. :sobbing:

Xandroxuser

Established Member
Reaction score
RadioMopTopHead said:

Started in June 2011 and thought I was maintaining at least till November, but it was when I got a haircut in November that it was obvious I wasn't, and things have only got worse now! Forelock has thinned right out, rogain foam and kirkland liquid are on order. :sobbing:

This seems to be a pattern that is emerging on various sites - the inability to find a satisfactory substitute for Dr Lee's products. Of course, you might say that people who have found satisfactory substitutes don't come back on the sites to report. Also, there are exceptions - check out the 'minoxidil.max is back' thread on this forum.

I found the minoxidil.solutions 5% xandrox (no PG) constantly blocked up the sprayer when it became a few months old. One bottle became so cloudy I chucked it. All of it became incredibly greasy and took forever to dry - quite different from Dr Lee's 5% Xandrox. So I tried Rogaine foam a couple of days ago. It is so kind on the hair that it is difficult to believe it is actually going to do anything! In the evening I'm rotating minoxidil.solutions 15% Xandrox and Dualgen 15. Both are very greasy.

I would feel a whole lot happier if I could have some posts from senior posters who find Dualgen 15 a satisfactory substitute for Dr Lee's Xandrox 15 - after using it for 6 months, or so - with the rest of their regime constant.

WarLord

Established Member
Reaction score
RadioMopTopHead said:

I don't use these Minoxidilmax products, I only mix the 15% version with Kirkland to achieve a 6% concentration. However, I am increasingly suspicious to such reports. Several months ago, I read a post from a guy who was almost going to commit suicide, because after he switched to DualGen, he experienced severe hair loss. Not a long ago, I saw him reporting on the same forum that he has been "maintaining" - and Dualgen15 was still in the list of his regimens. Another guy also blamed Dualgen for his hair loss, but eventually it turned out that he had used it for only 2 weeks and stopped because of beginning shedding. A farce...

EssenGen/DualGen and Xandrox are not the same things, because Xandrox also used finasteride. I don't know, what a concentration you used before, if you had a pause between Xandrox and EssenGen etc. It is possible that you didn't reveal some important facts that could illuminate your experience.

Kzbd

Reaction score
WarLord said:
RadioMopTopHead said:

I don't use these Minoxidilmax products, I only mix the 15% version with Kirkland to achieve a 6% concentration. However, I am increasingly suspicious to such reports. Several months ago, I read a post from a guy who was almost going to commit suicide, because after he switched to DualGen, he experienced severe hair loss. Not a long ago, I saw him reporting on the same forum that he has been "maintaining" - and Dualgen15 was still in the list of his regimens. Another guy also blamed Dualgen for his hair loss, but eventually it turned out that he had used it for only 2 weeks and stopped because of beginning shedding. A farce...

EssenGen/DualGen and Xandrox are not the same things, because Xandrox also used finasteride. I don't know, what a concentration you used before, if you had a pause between Xandrox and EssenGen etc. It is possible that you didn't reveal some important facts that could illuminate your experience.

Are you saying you use 15% Xandrox mixed with 5% currently? Where are you getting it?

WarLord

Established Member
Reaction score
I probably didn't express clearly. I use the 15% EssenGen from MinoxidilMax as a source for the 6% concentration.

60 ml of 5% Kirkland + 7 ml of 15% Essengen = 67 ml of 6% minoxidil.

WarLord

Established Member
Reaction score
jecheung said:
Hey Cassin, any updates with your fast drying? I started using it exclusively on my hairline since august, and my hairline is still rapidly thinning. Its has receded to a point where no styling looks good. This is very devastating, since the hairline was the thickest for the last 8 years I was fighting male pattern baldness (while using Lee's 500), and in the last few months (8), I lost everything.

I just want to know if I should move on to something new. I just see my really thick hairline hairs being replaced with really skinny hairs with the fast drying and before that the foam.

thanks

Oh, I decided to investigate your posting history as well, and again, it's not the MinoxidilMax product that is causing the shed. I misuderstood your post. You experienced it even before...! So now every mystery on this board is finally clarified!

I think that with your problems and hair loss despite using tons of products, you should visit an endocrinologist.

WarLord

Established Member
Reaction score
israelite said:
LookingGood! said:

As far as I know, Xandrox-15 plus contained finasteride. MinoxidilMax products don't contain finasteride.

WarLord

Established Member
Reaction score
RadioMopTopHead said:

Man, I sacrificed my time to read your posts on this forum and I must say that you are almost a surreal being. You didn't start to lose your hair on EssenGen. You started to lose hair on Genhair minoxidil in the spring! Furthermore, you are switching your regimens like crazy - Xandrox 5%, Xandrox 15%, Lee's 500, Genhair, EssenGen 5%, finasteride on-off, on-off, on...

I would bet that your last year's shed was due to your new experiment with lowering finasteride doses?
Posted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 "I experienced phenomenal regrowth in the past with xandrox 5% before but that regressed once I stopped using finasteride for a few months."

Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 So I've been fighting hairloss since i started university at 18. Lost quite a fair bit but then I had immense regrowth from finasteride (1mg), xandrox 5% and nizoral. I however started to get saggy pecs and stopped the finasteride pronto, lost the gyno after about 3 months with the hair still looking great but after that it started to look crapola once again.

Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 Hmm I dunno I'm about a month into 1.25mg of finasteride and as expected, the gyno is back and getting worse than before (I guess to the higher dose.) Was bad enough on 1mg. Hair is growing back too, it's such a head f***

So, you are slandering a product that has nothing to do with your problems, and you must know it very well !

I wonder, what other secret mysteries from their regimen the crying "experts" on this forum will reveal.

WarLord

Established Member
Reaction score
WarLord said:
jecheung said:
Hey Cassin, any updates with your fast drying? I started using it exclusively on my hairline since august, and my hairline is still rapidly thinning. Its has receded to a point where no styling looks good. This is very devastating, since the hairline was the thickest for the last 8 years I was fighting male pattern baldness (while using Lee's 500), and in the last few months (8), I lost everything.

I just want to know if I should move on to something new. I just see my really thick hairline hairs being replaced with really skinny hairs with the fast drying and before that the foam.

thanks

Oh no, not every mystery. I just digged out this mystery out of your earlier posts:

Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 However I did take a 8 month break from the big three (I stopped caring) and noticed complete deterioration of my crown. I jumped on the big three (5 months ago) and my hairline almost vanished, but crown seemed to recover a little. In the last 5 months I've been in Perfect Image 15% once a day, foam twice a day, and propecia daily.

C'mon guys, are you sure that you are sane?! You don't tell all the facts, you misinform the readers, and you can discourage them from otherwise good products. I think that I am already assured about the quality of MinoxidilMax products, so visiting this forum and reading confused, false posts from some nutcases is no longer useful for me.

lomargerit

Reaction score
Warlord, since you have so much time, can you dig out posts on the forums to prove topical finasteride has systemic effect or not? :)

WarLord

Established Member
Reaction score
lomargerit said:
Warlord, since you have so much time, can you dig out posts on the forums to prove topical finasteride has systemic effect or not? :)

I don't suppose that I would spend much time on this forum in the near future. I was only looking for some experiences with good 15% minoxidil.

And as for finasteride, you can read the recent study of Rossi et al. 2011 "Finasteride, 1 mg daily administration on male androgenetic alopecia in
different age groups: 10-year follow-up". Only 6% patients experienced side effects after 10 years.

"Adverse reactions. Side effects were observed on
5.9% (7) patients. Libido and ejaculated semen
reduction plus erection problems were reported
only by one patient, which interrupted the treatment
just at the beginning of the treatment.
The most frequent side effect was the libido
reduction (5,1%) of the ejaculated semen amount,
leading to therapy discontinuation in 67% of
cases (13–15) (Table 9). All the erection disorders
caused the interruption of the treatment; these
results are similar to the ones previously recorded
(8,16).
Gynecomastia and depression were not
reported at all. None of our patients had change in
the spermatogenesis process, but it is important to
point out that in patients with other problems contributing
to infertility (varicocele), the negative
influence of finasteride, noted by others, might be
amplified (15)."

Alhairmist

Reaction score
6% patients with side effects is pretty high. But the number of subjects in the study you cited is too smal to draw any solid conclusion.

Xandroxuser

Established Member
Reaction score
Cassin - Can you please update us on your use of Minoxidil Max?

6% patients with side effects is pretty high. But the number of subjects in the study you cited is too smal to draw any solid conclusion.

Like many it was the itch factor of standard Rogaine that led me to Richard Lee and Xandrox non-PG products many years ago. My experience with Lee and his products was first rate Then with the closing down of Lee, I eventually switched to Rogaine Foam in the morning and Dualgen 15 (no PG) in the evening and I continued to lose ground (for 18 months of this regimen), as I had done once Lee's products were no longer available.

I then went back to standard Rogaine 5% for a year - Last July - with no itch for a year. I noticed a definite cosmetic improvement with much less losing ground. Now the old irritation has returned. Like Cassin I don't like Rogaine foam cosmetically and many argue it is not as effective as liquid.

My question to Cassin - and others - is this. Did you lose ground on your minoxidil max products - the fast dry, in particular? You kept us updated for some 5 months but then just as we might have expected an update on whether they worked, the thread stopped.