here we go...Dr Lees item 500 vs minoxidilmax fast drying

hkoros

Reaction score
do you think the minoxmax quick dry is the same strength level as the regular kirkland liquid/rogaine foam?

I read someone posted somewhere (can't remember where) that the quick dry should be used only in the morning and the regular liquid/foam at night since the quick dry might not be as strong. Not sure if its just a poster or doctor's opinion.

Boomer01

Established Member
Reaction score
hkoros said:
do you think the minoxmax quick dry is the same strength level as the regular kirkland liquid/rogaine foam?

I read someone posted somewhere (can't remember where) that the quick dry should be used only in the morning and the regular liquid/foam at night since the quick dry might not be as strong. Not sure if its just a poster or doctor's opinion.
The quick dry is still 5% minoxidil, so it should be just as strong as and foam or regular 5% minoxidil.

hkoros

Reaction score
what looks better on the hair....Rogaine Foam or minoxidil quick dry?

I heard the Foam has a thickening effect since it leaves a dry dusty residue on the hair, so i'm under the assumption this leaves the hair looking better/thicker.

supermusic

Established Member
Reaction score
I've always heard that minoxidil at concentrations above 2 or 3% need more ppg to be stable and optimally be absorbed by the scalp.
Minoidilmax" fast drying" make 5% minoxidil with an hidroalcoholic base formulations similar to 2%. I mean they are not replaced the ppg by another component but basically have reduced it and increasing the alcohol .
And I wonder how is possible for large companies such as Rogaine will not do this procedure if it seems so simple?

***Sorry for my english

sunseter

Reaction score
I didn't see any residue after it is dry. So the absorption should not be a problem at all. As far as stability is concerned, I think Minoxidilmax probably makes very small batches, so the stability is not a problem either.

supermusic

Established Member
Reaction score
So why the big brands do not make the same formula? Why are they adding more ppg to raise the concentration to 5%? What's the point if they know perfectly well that the aesthetic appearance of the hair is going to be worse and more greasy?

abovedagame

Experienced Member
Reaction score
supermusic said:
So why the big brands do not make the same formula? Why are they adding more ppg to raise the concentration to 5%? What's the point if they know perfectly well that the aesthetic appearance of the hair is going to be worse and more greasy?

this is just what i think but i think it might extend shelf life

also, i believe more ppg is required to get higher concentrations of minoxidil (i believe above 3%)

don't quote me on any of that though

Jake97

Reaction score
cassin said:
Fast Dry

Rogain foam makes your hair look like complete sh*t. I absolutely hate that stuff but of need be I would use it again. Only at night.

Isn't it the other way around ? Isn't the liquid cosmetically terrible and Foam, because it dries quickly, very easy to use ?

Cassin

Reaction score
Jake97 said:
cassin said:
Fast Dry

Rogain foam makes your hair look like complete sh*t. I absolutely hate that stuff but of need be I would use it again. Only at night.

Isn't it the other way around ? Isn't the liquid cosmetically terrible and Foam, because it dries quickly, very easy to use ?

no and no.

Nene

Reaction score
cassin said:
Jake97 said:
cassin said:
Fast Dry

no and no.

I disagree. Foam dries quickly, under a minute usually, and doesn't leave any residue or anything in my hair. Liquid takes a good 15 minutes or more to dry, and leaves my hair greasy. However, I think liquid is more effective, I use it at night usually, so long as my scalp tolerates it. If I get irritated I just use foam twice a day for a few days.

Jake97

Reaction score
One more question guys. While I was browsing through the forum I noticed complaints about irritation from the liquid. So, some people said it's due to alcohol or ppg levels (or something like that). Basically, I'm ordering the liquid and I would like to know which one is the most scalp friendly ? Thanks

Jake97

Reaction score
Ok, so I've searched the forum a bit and found that the cause is ppg. Apprantley ppg reduced version were avaliable from Dr.Lee but that got shut down. So is there any other way to get minoxidil ppg free ?

Cassin

Reaction score
Nene said:
I disagree. Foam dries quickly, under a minute usually, and doesn't leave any residue or anything in my hair. Liquid takes a good 15 minutes or more to dry, and leaves my hair greasy. However, I think liquid is more effective, I use it at night usually, so long as my scalp tolerates it. If I get irritated I just use foam twice a day for a few days.

Fair enough. Different hair types different cosmetic effect I guess.

Nene

Reaction score
cassin said:
Nene said:

True, just my experience. I know you've never been a fan of the foam but I love it.

Cassin

Reaction score
Nene said:
cassin said:
Nene said:

True, just my experience. I know you've never been a fan of the foam but I love it.

Well I wouldn't say that exactly. I love how gentle it is which I love. I just can''t stand the smell or cosmetic effect unless my hair is damn near shaved.

Cassin

Reaction score
supermusic said:
cassin said:
supermusic said:
So why the big brands do not make the same formula? ?

FDA FDA FDA FDA

So the Rogaine Foam is not approved by the FDA?

It is. But Rogaine can make everything on a much cheaper scale. Take Minoxidilmax and minoxidil solutions...they aren't going to be able to afford to buy 250,000 canisters per quarter and get a reduced rate like rogaine.