help me I'm a n00b and I'm losing hair!!!!

goingoinbutnotgone

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes, I make my own topicals. As I said, I've done it all. Changed diet, taken all the pills (BSS, EFA's,Hi power vitamins, minerals,etc) did the scalp exersises, tried all the weird topicals (minnox, Copper peptides, EXT, colloidal silver, EFA oils, ZIX) and NOTHING WORKED.

A quick lesson on essential oils. These are the most potent forms of herbs. Plants are steam distilled and the oils are skimmed off the top. They are very expensive. Only AFNOR rated oils are of any theraputic value. There are tons of so-called pure brands that will not work.
Young Living is the only N. American company with this quality that I know of. If you find a cheaper brand, they are probably not theraputic, but rather simply aromatic.

Essential oils are made of extremely small molecules (less than 500 AMU's) and are able to penetrate every cell in the body including passing through the blood-brain barrier. One drop on the skin or a brief inhale of the oils neat reaches every cell in the body within 20 minutes.
They have the ability to clean cell receptor sites, "delete" malicious coding in the DNA and restore the original codes in DNA RNA strands.
Active chemicals include phenylpropanoids, monoterpenes and sesquiterpines. Theraputic oils are "alive". They actually emit a frequency.
Some have very high antioxidant properties. On the ORAC scale, for instance, carrots measure 210, blueberries measure 2400, but clove oil measures 10,786,875!

I cannot say enough about them. Anyone serious about stopping sheds and regrowing hair needs to try this. Sheds stop within a week or two. regrowth takes a bit longer. Give it 3 months. If it does not work, I guarantee you will notice other benefits.

pleasgodno

Reaction score
sublime said:
Sorry about the confusion. High lignan does not necessarly translate to SDG, unless the flaxseed product states SDG presume its content is minute.

What you have will work, never seen it in a liquid form. Could you shoot me the product link or tell me what the name of it is? I would start with a little less than half a tablespoon for a month then move up to 1/2 a tablespoon. The reason being is that it takes some time for the microflora in your intestine to get where it needs to be.

No problem with the questions, we are all in these forums to learn and to help. :)

sublime...the product and company name is:

Omega Nutrition Hi-Lignan Nutri-Flax Flaxseed Protein

I bought it in stores here in Vancouver.

the website address is http://www.omeganutrition.com

hmmmm....and it says mix 1 tbsp in a glass of water, once a day.

thanks as usual!

science-jay

Established Member
Reaction score
sublime said:
Flax SDG and beta-sis.

Here is a study on Flax SDG, if you are going the natural route this is a must. Some topicals might be a good addition as well.
http://www.nutraingredients.com/news-by ... -lignans-a

Sublime, how are your results on the Immortal-Regimen and the other supplements you are taking? There are still only a handfull of people who are claiming results with this stuff. I'm giving it a try, but mainly because í had sides on propecia. I don't think it's good to recommend Flax-sdg en beta-sitosterol to people and say you can halt your hairloss with it. Anyway i'm giving it a try too, but i'm still very skeptical about it.

sublime

Experienced Member
Reaction score
"Sublime, how are your results on the Immortal-Regimen and the other supplements you are taking? There are still only a handfull of people who are claiming results with this stuff. I'm giving it a try, but mainly because í had sides on propecia. I don't think it's good to recommend Flax-sdg en beta-sitosterol to people and say you can halt your hairloss with it. Anyway i'm giving it a try too, but i'm still very skeptical about it."

Things are moving forward for me so sixth months will be the deciding point (I am at month 4) of whether I am having any results that I consider regrowth. I am skeptical as well but feel very comfortable at this point saying it can stop or slow hair loss way down.

sublime

Experienced Member
Reaction score
"Yes, I make my own topicals. As I said, I've done it all. Changed diet, taken all the pills (BSS, EFA's,Hi power vitamins, minerals,etc) did the scalp exersises, tried all the weird topicals (minnox, Copper peptides, EXT, colloidal silver, EFA oils, ZIX) and NOTHING WORKED. "

I am glad topicals have worked for you but saying things like, "changed diet, taken pills, tried weird topicals" really does not impart any great knowledge on what did not work for you. I believe diet is huge and gains will not be received from a cooked meat diet. IMO it has to be a raw veggie diet. Providing more specifics on what you tried that did not work and for how long will help the rest of us along with telling us what you did try that is working.

goingoinbutnotgone

Established Member
Reaction score
You really have something there about the diet. I am not on a raw food diet. That is too hard for me. But I have cut out beef and pork, that was about 6 years ago. I'm now trying to reduce chicken/turkey and increase raw foods. It is suggested that this diet will correct a great number of illnesses. I heard of a guy who stopped his colon cancer by doing this. I think everyone should move towards a raw food diet. I'll try harder.

Now as far as the other things I tried, I usually did them for 6 months each to see if there was any response. For the most part there was none.

While shedding, it seems on this site, is almost viewed as a good thing, I considered it "rapid hair loss". My thinking was that stopping a shed is the first step in combatting hairloss. Regrowth should follow.
I have been losing hair for 20 years! The only thing that has any results is the use of topical essentail oils. (see my above post on them)

An easy way it is to get a theraputic grade bottle of 1. Lavender 2. Rosemary 3. Cedarwood . Then get a bottle of jojoba or grape seed oil.
Put a small amout of mixing oil in your palm about the size of a dime and put one or two drops of each oil on top. Then massage it into the hair. It should be left on overnight. You will notice the hair should stop falling within a week or two.

sublime

Experienced Member
Reaction score
"While shedding, it seems on this site, is almost viewed as a good thing, I considered it "rapid hair loss"."

I agree with you to some extent. minoxidil users will shed and most (48%), is that most or less than half :), should see regrowth of larger hairs. Other than that I feel the same as you do that shedding is just rapid hair loss. This keeps with the thought that 150+ hairs a day is shedding. If you do something to induce 150+ hairs a day being lost you probably f'ed up your system signifcantly.

hairhaircomeagain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
goinggoingbutnotgone -> Please, can you be really specific on what oils and how to mix them. Also where can I obtain them from ?

I think you have mentioned them above already bit I wanna make sure I get them absolutely correct coz I have read about these oils too and they are really really effective. I wanna go ahead with this. So, Please your inputs will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

goingoinbutnotgone

Established Member
Reaction score
OK, there are TONS of essential oils out there. Generally speaking, the more they cost, the better they are. There are chemists out there who have duplicated the constituents of the oils and produce them at cheap prices. Basically it's the same as making vitamins. The chemicals are there, but there is NO THERAPUTIC VALUE! Anything "alive" emits a frequency. Chemicals are dead and emit no frequency.

The highest quality products are from the YOUNG LIVING company. You have to buy them from a distributor (of which I am not if you are wondering). The best way to get them is on eBay. If you can't deal with the prices, and they are 20-75% more than many other brands, just look for high quality brands who use low pressure distillation. Don't be too worried about getting it exactly mixed like I do. One drop of essential oil will reach every cell in the body within minutes of application.

If you are skeptical about oils, go to a health food store where they sell them. See if they have a sample section. Get a blend which has cedarwood, Myrrh, Frankinsence, or sandalwood. Open the bottle and inhale deeply a couple of times. Within seconds you will have an overwhelming feeling of peace and contentment. This stuff works!!!

Good luck.

Good luck.

goingoinbutnotgone

Established Member
Reaction score
Like I said...money talks. Go to http://www.youngliving.us click "essential oils" link on the left margin and get the prices they charge. Remember, you cannot buy directly from them unless you give them a distributers number (silly). Then find out if the prices of the other brands fall close. Like I said, young living can be expensive, but when an oil is really cheap, it's probably best to stay away. When you use these one or two drops at a time, it lasts a while. Add up the cost of all the other stuff you've been using. It pays to just get the best.

hairhaircomeagain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
goinggoin,
Please dont kill me for asking so many questions :). I looked up on ebay. All oils are cheap. Can you tell me what oil am I specifically searching for ? The name ? Is the four you mentined -- cedarwood, myrrh etc. How do you get it ? Cant I use your distributors number to register? Please ?

Thanks

robtyketto

Reaction score
Some interesting read on essential oils

http://www.bodyandfitness.com/Beauty/Ba ... ficial.htm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/health/healthy_liv ... oils.shtml

goingoinbutnotgone what ratio of carrier oil should I used against essential oils?

I was thinking of buying all these (See below - UK resident, price in £'s) !! maybe its too OTT ??

Cedarwood Virginia 100ml 12.40 12.40
Rosemary 100ml 13.49 13.49
Ylang Ylang 100ml 21.95 21.95
Lavender 100ml 14.15 14.15
Jojoba 250ml 8.95 44.75
Clary Sage 100ml 26.95 26.95
Lemon 100ml

Wanted the Lemon to lighten my hair.

I only put emu oil on my temples where the hair loss is, everywhere else hair is ok. I have fine hair type.

Thinking of applying emu oil at front, then just want to cover top of head to help improve thickness and reduce the time it takes for it to go greasy with a carrier oil and then add the essentials. No idea of what quantity I will need at all.

Leaving on overnight with towel on head, shampoo in morning.

Does sound ok?

goingoinbutnotgone

Established Member
Reaction score
All the oils on the previous post are suggested for hair loss and all would be of benefit. The "bible" of essential oils is the Essentail Oil Desk Reference. It can better explain the actual function of each oil. You can buy a copy for around $45. I am not an expert, so you may want to do a little experimenting of your own.

A quick way to apply it is to put a bit of carrier oil in your palm. A bit smaller than a dime. Then add 2 drops of whatever oils you are using. I think the desk reference suggests not mixing too many oils together, but to layer them.

A note, be careful with rosemary. It is very powerful and can irritate sensitive skin. It promotes serious circulation and for that reason, you might want to pass on it if you have high blood pressure.
Some oils, like lemon, carry a risk of skin problems if you go out in the sun after use.

You should do your homework on these oils before going hog wild.

Good luck.

hairhaircomeagain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
goinggoinbunotgone -- I am having a hard time finding these herbal oils. I have found some places that sell them online but I am very skeptical about the quality since you have always been always pointing out that these should have high theraupatic quality.

I found http://vitaminusa.com/ to be most reliable. their prices seem not too high but not too low too ? What do you think ?

robtyketto

Reaction score
Whilst reading more on essential oils I came across the following item on ebay UK.

These seem like a novel ideal a soap shampoo containing essential oils
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ESSENTIAL-OILS-SO ... dZViewItem

Has anyone ever tried soild shampoos like these before?

They seem to contain alot of essential oils at an extremely low cost.
The full ingrediants arent listed though, maybe there are chemicals in there?

Worth trying?

goingoinbutnotgone

Established Member
Reaction score
If you want the Young living brand, go to eBay. Search for "Young Living Oil" then type in the oil you want. You should find exactly what you want. Most distributors sell at the recommended rate.

Hairhaircomeagain,(like your name) I can't comment on them. You would need to be sure they use low pressure distillation to guarantee that the active constituents have not been compromised. Some manufacturers use high pressure and temps to squeeze out more oil and some use chemicals to do so. Both proccesses could interfere with the ability to work as they are DESIGNED to.

The Essential oil desk reference claims that the "sesquiterpenes" in some oils have the ability to reprogram malicious coding in the cells. I would think that balding heads are not "normal" but abnormal, containing bad strands of DNA. Perhaps the answer lies in a certain oil at a certain ratio OR a certain combination of oils.

My daughter and son had some ba dwarts that the OTC stuff could not cure. I had to spend $135 at the doctor to get rid of them on my daughter. The Desk Reference said to apply clove oil to warts. So I did on my son, and it worked! Cost me about 10 cents!!!

hairhaircomeagain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Aaah...Finally

GOINGGOING...thanks so much..finally I find a place where I can buy these oils. But Are these ebay quality oil as good as those sold on Young Living's website ?

goingoinbutnotgone

Established Member
Reaction score
eBay listings are from independant distributers. They only market their products that way. Kind of like AMWAY. If it syas "young Living" on the bottle, then it just is.

hairhaircomeagain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Alrite...ebay it is...So Is your hairfall still under control. Will this be good for the hairline too ? Someone told me that these oils are not absorbed by the hairline and hence stick thereand form a fodder for damodex ( those hair termites ) hence causing more hair loss...Is this bull sh*t???