He is only 20 and bald already !

doyle11

Established Member
Reaction score
Jesus Christ hairloss has aged him loads.

He looked good with the blonde spiked hair, now he just looks so pathetic.

Dazzel

Established Member
Reaction score
Jesus Christ hairloss has aged him loads.

He looked good with the blonde spiked hair, now he just looks so pathetic.
It isn't his fault though, You make is seem like he chose that look. If he had a comb over then you could have used the word "pathetic".

bluered999

Reaction score
ya he looks so much worse, but maybe he can just deal with it, There seriously are people who just dont give a ****, my uncle was like that, think his hairloss really never bothered him.

resu

Reaction score
No there are people who aren't bothered by their looks, it's those types that are always happy and find everything funny.

CliffLee

Established Member
Reaction score
I agree that there are a minor few that don't care much at all but the vast majority do.

This guy in the YouTube video looks terrible now and from the way he talks about his hairloss, he's clearly upset about the whole ordeal.

Receding89

Established Member
Reaction score
I would trade all my money and possessions to gain back a full head of hair. And then start from scratch.
Ridiculous statement and this thread is full of them, losing hair isnt nice but theres far worse things to happen you in life. Dont you have a near full head of hair now again anyway?
Dont you think you are stronger for what you have gone through going from bald to not bald again?

shookwun

Reaction score
Hire a thai lady boy tobathe, and massage his scalp with Rogaine, and pop finasteride in his mouth like skittles. All while calling him 'u so handsome' 'hey sexI boy' 'wow so big'

ahmadsabry

Reaction score
:/

This's how I imagined myself when I was a kid thinking about his 20's look .. as my father and uncles are bald.

blackg

Reaction score
"There's a lot of women out there who don't even realise that they like bald men." Haha...that comment really got me laughing.

Rudolphus

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There are far worse things than hair loss that could afflict you. For instance, a deadly incurable genetic condition such as Huntington's disease (child or adult-onset), Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva (child-onset), or Fatal Familial Insomnia (adult-onset). Do some reading about these conditions and you'll see what I mean. They are FAR worse things to suffer from or to know you are at risk for than something like hair loss.

M.G

Established Member
Reaction score
I feel really sorry for him. No one should be going through that at his age. The psychological stress that hairloss induces at that age... just not ****ing fair. I spent a good portion of my youth wondering why the **** I was so unfortunate to experience aggressive balding at my age. If it wasn't for Toppik I would've been forced to buzz my head down two years ago when I experienced my worst shed ever. Got me a bald spot at the back, although filled with vellus hair, and severy diffuse thinning at the front. I actually didn't go out for a year without a cap until I discovered concealers.

Now I've been on the big 3 for soon a week, and barring I don't get any sides, I'm hoping I can atleast keep up the look I got now with concealers for at least another 10 years. I don't wanna get my hopes up, but since I'm a diffuse thinner I'm expecting any improvement to be more cosmetically visible. 21 years now.

- - - Updated - - -

With that said - there IS people who do look good bald. Most of them did absolutely look better with hair, but can definitely rock the bald look, although they are rare. Honestly, one of the most good looking and classiest guy I know are bald since 25 I think, and I would without doubt describe him as an 8/10. But of course he's a rare exception.

If you're good looking, with good looking I mean a strong 8/10 or more, chances are you still not gonna be ugly going bald, just less attractive. Thing is, most people aren't that good looking so going bald downgrades them alot.

FWIW

Established Member
Reaction score
There are far worse things than hair loss that could afflict you. For instance, a deadly incurable genetic condition such as Huntington's disease (child or adult-onset), Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva (child-onset), or Fatal Familial Insomnia (adult-onset). Do some reading about these conditions and you'll see what I mean. They are FAR worse things to suffer from or to know you are at risk for than something like hair loss.

Ehm, first - crucial question- what norwood are you? And second- you have to differenciate between physical and psychological diseases.

What is worse- disease- that will kill you or disease that will make you unable to live and wish to die.

I would not like to get the diseases you wrote- I would probably wish to die than to suffer, but I have male pattern baldness and the result is the same, so what is worse.The result is the same, just the way you get there may be different.

Do you tell one handen man- hey, atleast you got one hand, somebody has not even one hand, you should just man up!

There actually is even one guy here on forum with one hand and he says balding is worse than that.

I would sincerely rather have cancer and get the atleast chance to fight it, than to have male pattern baldness and be powerless and just to watch me everyday to loose. When I was most down and tried to commit suicide I sincerely wished I would get some deadly disease- that would do the thing for me and I wouldnt have to kill me myself.

Yes, you can get worse diseases in terms of the way they harm your body, your functions, that may kill you.

But if you have male pattern baldness that makes you not want to live, that makes you unable to live, to be unable to feel alive, that will make you fell like you are already 80 years old an on the end of your life and everything nice is already behind you and you can just wait for death because nothing will come to you life anymore and that eventually makes you commit suicide in the end.

What is worse in terms of impact. On every side the end result might be fatal.

Its the same for severe depressions- they can easily end up killing you-commiting suicide. No one who had them cannot understand how one can kill himself because of it. But in opposite to hairloss- depressions are recognized as disease and are cured by doctors. Hairloss can get you to state of severe depression- that will make you kill yourself.

Hairloss is mental torture its like putting a food and water in front of starving men with sewed mouth.Everything he wants is in front of him,he can see it, he can smell it, he can touch it, but he can not have it.

Mixing physical an psychological diseases is not possible. Both can kill you- in its own way- its not comparable.

Actually I think that nobody who was atleast nw5 in his teens will ever understand.

Rudolphus

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
"FWIW", I am saddened to hear how much trauma you, and others such as Fred, have gone through on account of your hair loss. I fully understand how much mental and psychological pain hair loss can inflict upon a man (or woman), especially if (s)he is young.

However, as bad as hair loss is, I still don't see how it can be as bad as a condition such as Fatal Familial Insomnia, a deadly incurable disease that kicks in in adulthood in which the sufferer is perpetually unable to sleep and lives in a continuous state of extreme exhaustion. The complete inability to sleep causes panic attacks, paranoia and phobias, later followed by hallucinations, dementia and rapid weight loss, finally followed by death after an average of 18 months (sometimes as long as 3 years) from the initial onset of symptoms.

If a person is so traumatized by their hair loss to the point that they would actually prefer to have some deadly disease like Fatal Familial Insomnia rather than to be losing their hair, then I don't believe that hair loss is the main underlying issue in that person's case.

yetti

Experienced Member
Reaction score
However, as bad as hair loss is, I still don't see how it can be as bad as a condition such as Fatal Familial Insomnia, a deadly incurable disease

Yeah of course. It's amazing what gets posted here.

FWIW

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah of course. It's amazing what gets posted here.

Really,amazing?So Im vain right?I should just shave and move on right. Again,most important question what norwood are you at what age.If bet you are Norwood 2 at 30 or so- than your opinion is worthless.You dont know what you are talking about.

- - - Updated - - -

"FWIW", I am saddened to hear how much trauma you, and others such as Fred, have gone through on account of your hair loss. I fully understand how much mental and psychological pain hair loss can inflict upon a man (or woman), especially if (s)he is young.

However, as bad as hair loss is, I still don't see how it can be as bad as a condition such as Fatal Familial Insomnia, a deadly incurable disease that kicks in in adulthood in which the sufferer is perpetually unable to sleep and lives in a continuous state of extreme exhaustion. The complete inability to sleep causes panic attacks, paranoia and phobias, later followed by hallucinations, dementia and rapid weight loss, finally followed by death after an average of 18 months (sometimes as long as 3 years) from the initial onset of symptoms.

If a person is so traumatized by their hair loss to the point that they would actually prefer to have some deadly disease like Fatal Familial Insomnia rather than to be losing their hair, then I don't believe that hair loss is the main underlying issue in that person's case.

Again,I agree that in terms of physical pain or suffering there are totaly worse things .I see you are nw2 or better now.So you are not really bald-therefore in terms of possible impact of hairloss you really dont have an idea,so just please dont generalise based on your point of view based on your hairloss experience-because you really dont have one.

Wish you good luck maintaining your Norwood 2.

yetti

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Really,amazing?So Im vain right?I should just shave and move on right. Again,most important question what norwood are you at what age.If bet you are Norwood 2 at 30 or so- than your opinion is worthless.You dont know what you are talking about.

Look at the post again. What I was very clearly responding to was the idea that hairloss is as bad as a deadly and incurable disease. And of course it isn't. Didn't say anything about anyone being vain, or shaving.

yetti

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It is, if you die, at least you don't suffer anymore. Hair loss will haunt for the rest of your life.

You should not say "it is". You should say "to me, it is". Because virtually no human being would agree with you that hair loss is as bad as death.