He is only 20 and bald already !

jbrog1987

Established Member
Reaction score
Being bald doesn't stop you from doing anything in this world, you will lose let's say 30-35%, **** let's even say 50% of chance of getting laid at least in your 20 and early 30, and maybe you will gain the 0.1% of girls that find bald guys attractive, that's all, sure it will ****ign make you ugly and change your face for ever, and that's a real psicological issue and someone nw1 will never understand us but the reality is at some point 30-40% if man has some degree of hairloss, and i don't see 40% of the men in this earth destroyed, with a useless life desiring to switch to any ****ing desease but hairloss. I'm sorry if you think that, but hairloss it's not your major problem then

I took my treatment and will do what i can to maintain what i have because i value my hairs but i understand i have little to nothing control over Androgenetic Alopecia, but i can control my life and the man i want to be, and i'm sure enough i don't want to be a souless garbage human being which can't understand basic thing like a REAL handicap and hairloss, and i will not judge someone just for having or not hairs on top of their head like you guys do every single time
As Fred said earlier male pattern baldness is a disfiguring condition and has real mental implications. Please don't undermine the effects male pattern baldness can have on body image and mental health. Too many people marginalize the plight we go through simply because it's "common" and outwardly an aesthetic issue. It's not silly to feel pain from losing your hair...

IA2015

Established Member
Reaction score
As Fred said earlier male pattern baldness is a disfiguring condition and has real mental implications. Please don't undermine the effects male pattern baldness can have on body image and mental health. Too many people marginalize the plight we go through simply because it's "common" and outwardly an aesthetic issue. It's not silly to feel pain from losing your hair...

Of course you can't undermine it but come on its not a disfigurement, stop talking nonsense.

Losing your hand is a disfigurement, having half your face burned in a fire is a disfigurement. Notice these are all rare.

The fact 70% of all men will suffer some form of hairloss in their life puts male pattern baldness not, I repeat not in the disfigurement category but in the normal category. It's a natural process its not unnatural. It's a part of aging. However it happens earlier to some than others.

We are subdued by an aesthetic driven world, this clouds our views and makes us believe things that are not true. Sure, balding sucks and sure it makes you less attractive in most cases, however it is not a disfigurement, not the way you are implying.

Dazzel

Established Member
Reaction score
Of course you can't undermine it but come on its not a disfigurement, stop talking nonsense.

Losing your hand is a disfigurement, having half your face burned in a fire is a disfigurement. Notice these are all rare.

The fact 70% of all men will suffer some form of hairloss in their life puts male pattern baldness not, I repeat not in the disfigurement category but in the normal category. It's a natural process its not unnatural. It's a part of aging. However it happens earlier to some than others.

We are subdued by an aesthetic driven world, this clouds our views and makes us believe things that are not true. Sure, balding sucks and sure it makes you less attractive in most cases, however it is not a disfigurement, not the way you are implying.

Natural ? NO way, other wise all the NW1's out there would be going bald. Part of aging ? Yes only if you are in your 50's + But I agree I wouldn't goes a far a calling it a disfigurement.

IA2015

Established Member
Reaction score
If balding was unnatural it would only apply to small percentage, the fact 70% of men will suffer from it in their life: 30% by their 30's, 40% by their 40's and what not, tells me that it is normal. It is a part of the the aging, just as wrinkles are, just as jowls are, just as fatigue is. Each person is different of course and some suffer from these more than others - hairloss is no exception, hence why there is still 20% of folk out there who will be NW1 til the death.

Obviously folk who are nw4 very young, that is an anomaly- that is not common fair enough but that is the extreme, there is extremes with everything.

Dazzel

Established Member
Reaction score
If balding was unnatural it would only apply to small percentage, the fact 70% of men will suffer from it in their life: 30% by their 30's, 40% by their 40's and what not, tells me that it is normal. It is a part of the the aging, just as wrinkles are, just as jowls are, just as fatigue is. Each person is different of course and some suffer from these more than others - hairloss is no exception, hence why there is still 20% of folk out there who will be NW1 til the death.

Obviously folk who are nw4 very young, that is an anomaly- that is not common fair enough but that is the extreme, there is extremes with everything.

It isn't though, What I would consider as "aging" is thinning in your 50s because that is normal and natural, What isn't normal or natrual is going bald in your 20's or even 30's. If it was then castrated men or men that don't produce any testosterone would end up bald.

male pattern baldness is due to testosterone/DHT and if you have the genetics for male pattern baldness you will end up bald, it has got nothing to do with aging.

IA2015

Established Member
Reaction score
A man being castrated isn't normal though is it?

I don't think you understand the true meaning of the aging process. From the day we are born we are aging, it is something that happens with time. You seem to think it only applies to men over 40/50 - well, no.

After your body is finished puberty it doesn't 100% need DHT, the hormone has fulfilled its main purpose. It will however play a role to a smaller extent throughout the males life. However after puberty, men become sensitive to DHT, especially their hair follicles - hence balding, which you know (the process).

male pattern baldness is genetic yes, however 70% of men carry these genes! Hence why 70% of men will in their lifetime suffer some extent of hairloss.

Aging has a wider definition than you have attributed to it.

Saurabhaj

Reaction score
IA2015..when i returned to this forum 2 mnths back,i was so depressed with my NW6 because i was liking a girl whom i wanted to marry.This got me damned depressed,but when she got engaged to other person,my case was closed,to get her as my life partner was gone,but then i thought why should i worry now,i am actually feeling better even though i need to marry and i am bald,because in my case i was giving failure in love to my baldness.

I am surely doing something for getting hair like transplant in future but now depression is not their.

Dazzel

Established Member
Reaction score

I don't think you understand the true meaning of the aging process. From the day we are born we are aging, it is something that happens with time. You seem to think it only applies to men over 40/50 - well, no.

After your body is finished puberty it doesn't 100% need DHT, the hormone has fulfilled its main purpose. It will however play a role to a smaller extent throughout the males life. However after puberty, men become sensitive to DHT, especially their hair follicles - hence balding, which you know (the process).

male pattern baldness is genetic yes, however 70% of men carry these genes! Hence why 70% of men will in their lifetime suffer some extent of hairloss.
of no Testosterone
Of course not, Was just an example.

resu

Reaction score
Guy got destroyed, that's my fear, going all balders. He chopped the baldness for his profile pic on youtube:
AK5aNiR.png

Dazzel

Established Member
Reaction score

You could be right, but I was still going through puberty at 16 when I started to thin on top and at 17 started to recede and was also going through puberty then, so I think male pattern baldness can start (well I know) as soon as you have enough Testosterone and androgen's flowing through your body.

abcdefg

Reaction score
Hair loss and aging are 2 separate issues IMO. You dont really start aging at the cellular level until like 20 something but hair loss can happen whenever because its not tied to aging its hormonal changes which can happen at varying ages. male pattern baldness also happens in many patterns and at many different speeds.

dskhvci13

Reaction score
lol, sorry guys, i have no idea about hair loss but i'm trying to get 4 posts to create a thread about my hair loss..

Stredly

Reaction score
Also proof that a decent facial structure is irrelevant without facial frame, and hair.

You're a complete fool. Hair does not make a person attractive. Facial features is what makes a person attractive, nice jaw line, nice eyes, straight nose, nice lips, nice eye brows and good symmetry / falling within the golden ratio zone..

Baldness does not make handsome men ugly.. it just makes ugly men uglier. The only guys that you will see whining about baldness is average to below average looking guys.

CliffLee

Established Member
Reaction score
You're a complete fool. Hair does not make a person attractive. Facial features is what makes a person attractive, nice jaw line, nice eyes, straight nose, nice lips, nice eye brows and good symmetry / falling within the golden ratio zone..

Baldness does not make handsome men ugly.. it just makes ugly men uglier. The only guys that you will see whining about baldness is average to below average looking guys.

I agree in part with you that attraction is more then just hair. However, shookwun is correct in that a good head of hair frames the face.

A good looking guy, in the majority of cases, will be less good looking (and perhaps become average, or below average) when they lose their hair.

Stredly

Reaction score
A good looking guy, in the majority of cases, will be less good looking (and perhaps become average, or below average) when they lose their hair.

No he won't.. if you take a male model and shave off all his hair he's still a model because of his facial structure.

You do realize that there are guys out there who voluntarily shave off all their hair right? because they want it that way and look good with it that way. And the guy in the first post who lost his hair was not good looking to begin with even when he had a full head of hair. He was just creepy looking.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
You're a complete fool. Hair does not make a person attractive.

Is that why Jude Law went from being a male model and loved by women globally to being cast as this:

anna_k_jude2.jpeg

Stredly

Reaction score
Is that why Jude Law went from being a male model and loved by women globally to being cast as this:

no..... http://www.celebitchy.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/wenn5782371.jpg

Take off his glasses.. shave the beard.. buzz his hair short.. and he's back to looking like a handsome guy. his hair loss means nothing.
He was made to look old there purposely there for a role. It's hilarious how some of you will go out of your way just to try and "prove" that baldness makes anyone ugly when that's simply not true. And the guy in the original post who lost his hair was not good looking to begin with even when he had a full head of hair. He just looked creepy and crazy.

good looking people simply do not need hair to look attractive. That is a fact. Even an attractive female will still look attractive with all her hair buzzed away because 99% of attractiveness is your facial structure and features not your hair.

So if you want beat baldness.. go see a plastic surgeon.. not a hair transplant doctor.

Ask Ami James if he has any problems with females because of his razor shaven head.. the answer is.. NO.......20130816_AmiJames_2047-1-600x900.jpg

Attachments

• wenn5782371.jpg
    wenn5782371.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 258

CliffLee

Established Member
Reaction score
good looking people simply do not need hair to look attractive. That is a fact. Even an attractive female will still look attractive with all her hair buzzed away because 99% of attractiveness is your facial structure and features not your hair.

This is a fact how? This is all opinion based, on both sides of the discussion.

People who shave their heads can still look good, for instance Channing Tatum use to shave his head. However this is not the same, since even a shaved head shows stubble, and their face is still framed by a decent hairline.

Look at The Rock. He's handsome (no homo) but he doesn't look as good, even with a shaved head, as his hairline has receded. The Rock was in a movie (link below) where he wears a wig and he looks 500% better with a NW0-1 hairline.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://i.ytimg.com/vi/59PiB3TwZbE/maxresdefault.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.lipstickalley.com/showthread.php/908258-The-Rock-acknowledges-his-black-side-wake-up-call-or-naw?p%3D22980115&h=720&w=1280&tbnid=4KzUuCzWKNExEM:&docid=KpQ1giXcUP5rNM&itg=1&ei=7AjWVZnXB4WTaumOkvAM&tbm=isch&ved=0CCMQMygGMAZqFQoTCJn9k82SuMcCFYWJGgodaYcEzg

Stredly

Reaction score
This is a fact how? This is all opinion based, on both sides of the discussion.

People who shave their heads can still look good, for instance Channing Tatum use to shave his head. However this is not the same, since even a shaved head shows stubble, and their face is still framed by a decent hairline.

nope... it's a fact.. good looking people do not need hair to still look attractive.

Ask Ami James if he has any problem with the ladies with his bald razor shaven head.. the answer is NO....

and the rock has a bad head shape... his head is shaped like a pointy cone = he's not good looking.

Attachments

• 20130816_AmiJames_2047-1-600x900.jpg
    20130816_AmiJames_2047-1-600x900.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 237