Have U Read 'the Game' By Neil Strauss

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
@David_MPN

wow i just notice you 'liked' Freds comment in regards to me..

nice.
Yes, I liked his post. I think your response is a little unusual, but I like you, so I'm going to to spend a few minutes explaining why I liked his post.

Doing really well with men for a woman means she can get them to commit to them on the long-term.

Almost all men would f*** anything, so basing your "success" with men on your ability to get them into your bed (even repeatedly) is not a good indicator.
I agree with the demarcation that Fred is making here. Just getting sex is easy for most women, on average it's easier for women than it is for men. However assortative mating is still true, it just takes place at a different threshold for women. Women can get guys and often get good-looking guys, but may have a hard time getting them to commit to a genuine monogamous relationship.

Fred didn't invent any exotic theories in this post. It's standard orbiter / solar system type of thinking. The most desirable men are often balancing several different women at once, not committing to any of them, and this sets the dating market.

Whether or not this applies to you is pure guesswork as we don't know you personally.

As an aside, it's better not to take likes and dislikes personally nor seriously. They're not dollars. I'm going to get a lot of dislikes for this lol, but I think too many posters here take the likes and dislikes too seriously.

If the admin was tabulating number of quotes -- that would be meaningful, because it would signify your ability to generate discussion.

Last edited:

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I blocked David as well because although he's a 'nice' guy he has these moments where i actually feel like he resents women and expresses this in a way that 'i' definitely dont deserve

I work with f*****g teamsters that have more manners and more respect than some of these guys. its un f*****g believable

The only reason they are even slightly under my skin is I'm having a rough fcukign couple of weeks.

so sorry they are lost their hair and have some resentful sh*t or shitty experiences with women--its not excuse to just be cruel to women who have done nothing to them.
I have not been cruel to anybody. I am respectful, honest, and often friendly with women in real life and on the internet.

You're accusing me of being "mean", but what you just conjectured about me is far worse than anything you think I've written about you. Nothing I've written here deserves your invective.

Separately, as for the charge, I don't resent individual women as women. I have an older sister, who recently expanded the family with a nephew and later a niece that I love dearly. Several of my closer friends are women. I read women writers, watch movies made by and for women (I recommend The Dressmaker as an excellent recent film, Audrie & Daisy was tremendous as well but a difficult watch). I was a feminist several years before it became "cool" and I've lectured on women and media. Would you like the link? I recently went over my Twitter feed to make sure I wasn't like Elon Musk, who only follows men. About 40% of the people I followed are women, and that wasn't deliberate.

I resent popular mythologies about heterosexual dating, which are actually more frequently communicated by men like Leo Strauss, AskMen.com, male-dominated Hollywood, etc, than by women. Popular mythology teaches me that Seth Rogen, as long as he's nice for a couple months, can be with Katharine Heigl, and so on through countless examples. It's a whole lot of sh*t. Why are we taught so much garbage? I have a lot of ideas, but none of them blame you personally. So don't take it personally. It's also not due to "women" since, I reiterate, most of these myths come from men.

I've read a lot about what men supposedly need to do. Get a job, a car, interests, have good hygiene, use proper spelling, listen to her talk about herself, have empathy when doing so, etc. These are all things I do. They're not the issue. If some women parrot this sh*t, it's partly because they live in the same culture I do and hear the same garbage. Are they more guilty than I am when I parroted the same sh*t myself five years ago? No, of course not. When everybody around you is repeating myths it can be very, very difficult to see through the fog.

katherine-heigl-seth-rogen-beef-knocked-up.jpg

I have a pretty good idea of why I'm not getting laid and not getting good relationships, it's not because my poor spelling (which is actually good) nor my poor hygiene (which is actually good): erectile dysfunction, history of obesity, mild autism, somewhat feminine bone structure, below-average hair, the combination of a working-class background while working in a white-collar environment which makes me stand out like a sore thumb, and a few other things. I do wish I had understood all this clearly when I was 19.

Yes, all of the above suck and I have some resentment. It's not aimed at you though so I didn't deserve your post.

I realize I was sounding whiney last night. I was whiney. I think it's ok to be whiney on HairLossTalk.com.

Separately, you're allowed to swear here. You don't need to spell f*** as fcuk to get around some infantile censor as is the case on most forums. That's because our admin is a cool guy.

T

tellersquill

David, my ex fancied Seth Rogen. A lot of women do - he's masculine and funny. Of course, a lot or women find him unattractive as well.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
David, my ex fancied Seth Rogen. A lot of women do - he's masculine and funny. Of course, a lot or women find him unattractive as well.

I bet you 10:1 odds he's not typically fancied by women like Katharine Heigl, particularly given the broke lazy loser persona he had in that film.

Arguing specifics is also flawed honestly. It's a general issue with Hollywood.

Why does Marge love Homer?

T

tellersquill

Because he is joyful and loyal!

My ex was a 6 and she liked Rogen.

I don't find heigl attractive - not that it matters.