Have U Read 'the Game' By Neil Strauss

oye_rg

Established Member
Reaction score
For those who do not know, this is an autobiographical depiction of a journalist who enters the secret society of pick up artists.

You might be wondering why I am asking here. Because the characters in the story (wannabe PUA's) have similar aims as many on this forum, i.e. to date and lay women. But more importantly it seems looks are not an issue if you supposedly master the 'art'. Most of the top PUA's described in the story are not good looking (fat, old, balding, etc). This directly contradicts the dominant thought on this forum that if you are bald you stand no chance.

What are your thoughts on this?

T

tellersquill

Yeah, it changed my life.

When I read it I was a teenager who had virtually no experience with women. I was shy and introverted and thought women liked nice and sweet men. I didn't even realise they liked sex that much. After reading it everything made sense.

I realised that women often prefer alpha characteristics such confidence, humour, ambition (doesn't have to be money), good social standing etc.

It also taught me that you have to be in it to win it. I'm a decent enough looking guy but guess how many women had ever asked me out up to the age of 19? The answer is 2. The truth is that its usually the guy that does the asking so, and this is really simple, but you have to take a gamble and not fear rejection so much.

Although I never did pick up per say, I took the principles and applied it my life and over the past ten years I've been with a lot of women.

That's not bragging - its just what happened. In fact, in some ways I'm a little disappointed at how frivolous I treated sex for a long time.

Anyway, I highly recommend it - especially to the introverted nice people.

shookwun

Reaction score
Yeah, it changed my life.

When I read it I was a teenager who had virtually no experience with women. I was shy and introverted and thought women liked nice and sweet men. I didn't even realise they liked sex that much. After reading it everything made sense.

I realised that women often prefer alpha characteristics such confidence, humour, ambition (doesn't have to be money), good social standing etc.

It also taught me that you have to be in it to win it. I'm a decent enough looking guy but guess how many women had ever asked me out up to the age of 19? The answer is 2. The truth is that its usually the guy that does the asking so, and this is really simple, but you have to take a gamble and not fear rejection so much.

Although I never did pick up per say, I took the principles and applied it my life and over the past ten years I've been with a lot of women.

That's not bragging - its just what happened. In fact, in some ways I'm a little disappointed at how frivolous I treated sex for a long time.

Anyway, I highly recommend it - especially to the introverted nice people.

lol-duck.gif

Did you seriously convince yourself this is the reason why you got laid?

All secondary traits, and none of it matters if she doesn't find you physically attractive.

To make things easier

The women you banged thought you were hot, and from a social stand point being laid back and cool helped open the doors and acess to this opportunity. Being funny, and having high ambition has zero result in getting laid. They would of never let you advance sexually if they didn't feel you met there physical thresholds. Again, we go back to the basics.

GAME has nothing to do with getting laid.

Going out, looking aesthetic and gaining experience through discussions, and interactions is what leads to lays. Experience is key... Not being scared to put yourself in certain situations, because eventually they will lead a lay. The moral is to gain experience, reinforce your own values and in return your numbers will make you more confident in your abilities. over time leading to a more relaxed, laid back type of guy.

T

tellersquill

Number of times getting laid pre game: 1

Number of times getting laid post game: 26

I think its safe to say the book changed my life. It isn't up for dispute.

I've also seen other guys develop with women and get girlfriends and these men were not attractive.

Hell, one of my friends is quite ugly and he is the best of the lot of us with women.

Do you have any theories on how quite ugly men do well with women?

christkr

Reaction score
It works on girls who analyze the surface of social situations. The ones with an IQ less than 90. Girls you only want to have sex with, not reproduce..

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
Looking forward to Freds input in this thread

IggyPop

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Because the characters in the story (wannabe PUA's) have similar aims as many on this forum, i.e. to date and lay women. But more importantly it seems looks are not an issue if you supposedly master the 'art'. Most of the top PUA's described in the story are not good looking (fat, old, balding, etc). This directly contradicts the dominant thought on this forum that if you are bald you stand no chance.

What are your thoughts on this?

Are you serious? Of course PU"A" have to emphasize how looks don´t matter. Otherwise no ugly incel would pay them money to learn about "the game". I have got no idea, how any sane person might buy that crap. 90 % of all younger couples are looksmatched. These guys are ruthless scammers. PUAHate!!

T

tellersquill

I never brought anything. I borrowed a copy of The Game and I watch free RSD videos.

I don't use pua 'techniques', in fact a lot of them tell you not to. What I do is work on myself; workout, dress well, put myself in a positive mood before going out, have a zero fucks mentality, try to add value to all interactions regardless of whether you are trying to get laid.

Working on myself actually had better benefits outside of my love life - I've been able to develop a much better social circle and live a far happier life.

To be honest, most of its common sense - looking better and being more outgoing is so simple.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
I never brought anything. I borrowed a copy of The Game and I watch free RSD videos.

I don't use pua 'techniques', in fact a lot of them tell you not to. What I do is work on myself; workout, dress well, put myself in a positive mood before going out, have a zero fucks mentality, try to add value to all interactions regardless of whether you are trying to get laid.

Working on myself actually had better benefits outside of my love life - I've been able to develop a much better social circle and live a far happier life.

To be honest, most of its common sense - looking better and being more outgoing is so simple.

I agree that this sort of stuff is common sense but I can understand how someone very inexperienced with women and dating might need a push in the right direction. When I think of "game" or "confidence" as being important its just the basic sh*t like you mentioned. Eye contact, posture, project positivity, low inhibition, keeping the conversation going, grabbing them in the pussy. Common sense to most. Not this "push-pull" technique or other such bollocks.

KO21

Established Member
Reaction score
I think all that "confidence, zero fucks given mentality, dressing well" and so on come second to looks. It just so happens the guys who have all that are usually the good looking ones to begin with.

A girl is going to be interested in hooking up with you if she finds you nice to look at. That's the bottom line.

T

tellersquill

It is common sense, for sure.

However, in the words of the late great writer, Terry Pratchett, 'it appears common sense isn't all that common.'

T

tellersquill

Fred, you seem a bit of an idiot. And going around disliking all the posts is a bit childish.

The Game taught me to approach more women, be more confident, and improve myself. Do you think any of them will hurt a mans chances of meeting a woman?

A man can go from a five to a six or seven by getting into shape, whitening their teeth, getting a good hair cut, a little tanned, and dressing well.

People make out that looks cant be changed, but that just isn't true. If you look after yourself you can go up on the scale.

To answer Freds question: I didn't approach many women before I read the game because I thought women didn't like forward guys - I thought they liked the nice shy men.

Reading that book taught me that wasn't the case. If I never read it I might now be a decent looking shy guy with like 3 lays to my name. Instead I've been with 30 or so women and have had some great life experiences.

T

tellersquill

And thus, because the book taught me to act in that way then I did become good with women.

The book taught me basic things, yes, but if I'd never read it I would have never have learned it and I would still be terrible with women.

T

tellersquill

Also, I don't say looks are unimportant - but I do say they can be worked on.

Even getting your body fat down will bring out your jawline.

T

tellersquill

How do you explain guys uglier than me, like Neil Strauss and RSD Tyler being better with women?

Also, I've always had the same face but now I get more women because I know I get myself out there more, make sure I'm fun, make sure I escalate - I never knew that I should do that until I read the game.

Honestly, some of us are so clueless with women that reading a book like the game was life changing.

T

tellersquill

I think the problem here is that its seen as pua.

The whole thing has moved on since then and has put a focus on other things that go beyond openers and negs.

Perhaps the best way of seeing it is self development - being more confident and charismatic, talkative and fun, will not only help your love life but your social life.

As for the looks thing - perhaps you are right - perhaps people do see rsd tyler as attractive.

Just out of curiosity, have you seen him - he's Norwood.4 o4 5, ginger, 5.9, and pale as hell.

T

tellersquill

Here's a pic - is he attractive? No more than a 5 if you ask me.