Has Anyone Gone To Therapy Over Their Hair Loss?

Finasterguy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys, this is my very first thread on this site. I’ve always read a lot of these post while researching hair loss treatments and all that craziness. I have a question, has anyone ever gone to therapy to get over this life hurdle? Since it effects self esteem and image so much, has anyone ever done therapy for it? I know that’s pretty personal, and obviously this is no judgement. I am thinking about going for this issue in my life, eventually shaving my head and moving on.... or shaving my head and getting smp, which I feel like a lot of dudes do.

DerDon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
people dont care if they dont suffer by themself. Just ask friends or familymembers with no hairloss. they ll say, that its not a big deal and you should just shave it.

Bluelilac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've gone to therapy on and off for most of my 20's and all it ever did for me was eat up my money. If you think it can be helpful for you, then you should try it, but in my experience if you are even remotely intelligent and introspective...it doesn't do much other than provide a safe place to vent...at a very expensive price.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I've gone to therapy on and off for most of my 20's and all it ever did for me was eat up my money. If you think it can be helpful for you, then you should try it, but in my experience if you are even remotely intelligent and introspective...it doesn't do much other than provide a safe place to vent...at a very expensive price.
I agree. Better off listening to audio books on self help with CBT or other methods to learn how to deal with self image problems. I have BDD and went for therapy and it was a waste of money. I have learned to accept that most people don't notice mild hair loss but our professional Norwood spotters in this forum.

Unless, you have major loss, realize most people don't notice your situation as much as you do. There is nothing wrong to be proactive in keeping as much hair as you can when you first notice the loss, but don't let your self focus on your hair or your self for most of the day. Be productive and focus on how you can pay it forward for someone else. Stop making yourself the center of attention as it is very unhealthy mentally and leads to a life full of misery, anxiety, depression and stress. There is more to life than just hair. If people judge you based on your hair alone, then realize they are just as nuts as you are and you are better off surrounding yourself with someone who can care less about your hair and more about who you really are.

This forum will help you learn that you are not alone but it will never cure you of your psychological obsession to keep as much as hair as you can even if it might kill you. That is something hopefully you can grow out of when you learn to accept that society is not your judge or your jury. What you accomplish in life is way more important than how much hair you have on your head. Once you finally realize that you might just have a little less anxiety or depression until you find something else you don't like about yourself. Surround yourself with people who excel in life even if they have never been dealt a fair hand. Never forget how much we all yearn for brotherhood. And sometimes certain people here will provide you with that but others will tear you down. Sad it happens but society is always going to attack those who seem to have everything going for them in life.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Only a beta incel would go to therapy because of hair
Some people will blame the hair but it goes way deeper than that. Incels exist because social media created them. Lookism is a safe place created for them but unfortunately they need to learn that changing the way you look never can change the inside if the inside is the problem. I have met many chads that suffer from severe depression and I honestly don't understand why but everyone has their flaws. Alot of times most people will never reveal them.