Has anyone every used succinic acid for hair growth?

DoctorHouse

Reaction score

Succinic Acid: The Remarkable Hair Growth Substance You Never Heard of​

by nicksfitupdated on May 24, 2020
Let’s talk about Succinic Acid.

Perhaps the most impressive ingredient in our best-selling product, Mane Stay™️ is the succinic acid. While you likely recognize most of our other ingredients, succinic acid is a less commonly known substance but also happens to be one of the most remarkable hair growth stimulators of modern day science.

Take a couple of these human studies that have observed the hair growth effects of succinic acid for example.
In one recent human clinical trial, it was found that increasing ATP levels in the scalp promotes hair growth in people with androgenic alopecia, also known as male pattern baldness. In the studies, the topical application on the scalp of the precursor to succinic acid, a saturated fatty acid known as pentadecanoic acid (PDG), was found to restore hair growth. It worked to promote hair growth by increasing scalp levels of succinic acid, which then dramatically increased ATP levels.

This is not surprising news, considering the fact that succinic acid is a potent precursor of ATP.
You might be wondering, why is this important for hair growth, and what the heck is ATP?

ATP, also known as adenosine triphosphate is the cardinal adsorbent in Gilbert Ling’s theory of the cell. While mainstream medicine tries to deny the beneficial effects of orally administrating ATP is inconclusive, there are several human studies showing that oral ATP is well absorbed and particularly well transdermally (through the skin).
Regarding hair growth, every cell in the body is sensitive to energy deprivation; however, it turns out that the hair follicles are among the cellular systems that are mostsensitive to ATP depletion. This explains why the hair is so sensitive to stress, falling out almost in moments after stressful experiences. You see, the hair follicle has a very inefficient metabolism, meaning it doesn’t produce energy very well. The smallest amount of stress can inhibit its production of ATP, resulting in hair loss. And in fact, studies have found that people with hair loss of all sorts, have insufficient levels of ATP in their scalps.

This is where Mane Stay comes to the rescue, and why you will notice succinic acid as a feature ingredient in the product. As the studies show, succinic acid can dramatically improve ATP production in the scalp, invigorating the hair follicle and supporting the growth of new hair.
The purpose of succinic acid in Mane Stay is to replicate the design of those human clinical trials. However, instead of using the precursor PDG, we bumped it up a notch and used pure succinic acid for a direct energy boost to the hair follicles. The result – remarkable hair growth.

I found the above article mentioning a new product called Mane Stay. I am using the Inkey List Succinic Acid for spot treatments for acne and the stuff is amazing how fast it gets rid of zits. I figured it might help with hair so I googled it came across this article. I wonder if I can use the Succinic acid at the hairline to see if it does anything. Anyone used this for their hair?

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
I take Vitamin E Succinate (D-Alpha Tocopheryl Succinate), but Vitamin E being an aromatase inhibitor, it speeds things up if anything.

LillyShaw

My Regimen
Reaction score
For hair growth, In trying the Dermalmd Hair Growth Serum for the past month I see new growth in places where my hair was almost bald I’m so excited. I have tried many other products in the past with no results. So thank you for a product that really works.

inmyhead

Reaction score
For hair growth, In trying the Dermalmd Hair Growth Serum for the past month I see new growth in places where my hair was almost bald I’m so excited. I have tried many other products in the past with no results. So thank you for a product that really works.
nice attempt to market your own product lol.