Has anyone ever 100% recovered from finasteride?

Charles Rane

My Regimen
Reaction score
For guys that only have problems during sex with another person: Yes I agree.

However, having less firm erections (even during masturbation with p*rn) and not having morning wood anymore...

You may be right, however reading the horror stories on propeciahelp and other sites can have a huge impact on your ability to get and maintain erections. A lot of guys tend to become very paranoid after reading those horror stories, which is understandable, but if you put too much pressure and thought in and on having and maintaining an erection, then it becomes very difficult to get hard in the first place.

I don't know how to explain the lack of morning wood tho. I rarely have morning wood myself.... Whether PFS is a real thing, i don't know, but the vast majority seems to recover one way or another, since most guys on propeciahelp become inactive a couple of weeks after signing up.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Has anyone ever been able to achieve the 100% pre-finasteride state here without any of the side effects affecting libido and erection? Has anyone got their ejaculate back in full glory after quitting the drug? Has anyone got their penis' sensitivity 100% back? Is it possible to cure the side effects after taking the drug? Anyone done this?

He's going to be pissed off about me, so I hate to bring this up.

Yes, the @Admin did grow his hair back from Finasteride. But he stopped using it and
now uses spironolactone.

Bobster231

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You're taking a drug that seriously alters the biological machinery of your body in a totally unnatural way so I wouldn't be surprised if it wreaked physical and psychological havoc.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
He's going to be pissed off about me, so I hate to bring this up.

Yes, the @Admin did grow his hair back from Finasteride. But he stopped using it and
now uses spironolactone.
I'm talking about side-effects not the main effect hair.

g.i joey

Reaction score
Has anyone ever been able to achieve the 100% pre-finasteride state here without any of the side effects affecting libido and erection? Has anyone got their ejaculate back in full glory after quitting the drug? Has anyone got their penis' sensitivity 100% back? Is it possible to cure the side effects after taking the drug? Anyone done this?

i still take finasteride so i am not the best example. But the first time i took finasteride in beginning of 2015 i had a bunch of side effects including dead libido, eq problems and gyno. I managed to get off the drug after 3 months and had the libido and erection quality issues dissipate within 2 weeks. The only thing i had to treat was my gyno and i managed to resolve 90% of it with Letrozole. I did not have any lingering effects at all in the sexual department. That said, im back on finasteride after dropping some weight and my sides are minor, but i dont think thats what you are asking.

so yes, i stopped taking finasteride 3 times now and managed to recover each time within 2-3 weeks, with no sexual or mental side effects lingering at all.

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, of course. However, the drug was obviously not tested enough before it was released on the market, as many users experience persisting side effects after quitting. I quit the drug after 4 months because of severe side effects (that's 1 1/2 year since now), and was off the drug for 6 months without getting better. I decided to deal with one problem at a time, and got back on. Took me 2 months at 1/4 th of a normal dose to be back in hell, and I've been on and off while seeing doctors since then, to I finally had enough of them all in october last year, as noone understood what was going on, and therefore wouldn't help me. Now, more than half a year later, and after 3 experiments (one of which is ongoing) with various drugs in combination with finasteride, I'm in control. I've been suffering from secondary hypogonadism caused by finasteride. I still have a problem with erectile dysfunction, but it's getting better. I think I know what's wrong, and I know how to handle it, if I'm right.
Your crazy taking that sheet when you know it is harming your endocrine system. Smh.

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Im getting seriously concerned about this myself tbh

Been off it for 6 weeks now and my libido definately still isn't what it was. Had been on it over a year. Im taking topical finasteride the past few weeks might go off it too but i dont think its an issue.

As i said, getting concerned. Beforehand i NEVER could imagine having any trouble "getting it up" now its a reality

Im going to try Arginine, apparently it can help. Hope it kick starts my libido again.

How old are you and have you ever had ANY signs of ED before fina?

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, of course. However, the drug was obviously not tested enough before it was released on the market, as many users experience persisting side effects after quitting. I quit the drug after 4 months because of severe side effects (that's 1 1/2 year since now), and was off the drug for 6 months without getting better. I decided to deal with one problem at a time, and got back on. Took me 2 months at 1/4 th of a normal dose to be back in hell, and I've been on and off while seeing doctors since then, to I finally had enough of them all in october last year, as noone understood what was going on, and therefore wouldn't help me. Now, more than half a year later, and after 3 experiments (one of which is ongoing) with various drugs in combination with finasteride, I'm in control. I've been suffering from secondary hypogonadism caused by finasteride. I still have a problem with erectile dysfunction, but it's getting better. I think I know what's wrong, and I know how to handle it, if I'm right.

Did hypogonadism not freak you out enough to never touch finasteride again?

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been off Finasteride now for almost 2 years now....the drug works well..but its very bad for your sex life.

I could never recover from its side...

Even though my sex drive is recovered..I am unable to achieve long sustaining erections..it needs constant excitement...

I cant ejaculate that much either...

See propeciasideeffects.com for more infor

So in TWO years being off you did not fully recover? That is scary sh*t.

veneno

My Regimen
Reaction score
after 6 months of use .im 4 days off.feel enormes mental change .i can feel alive!! this is the first time i feel like that im my life , i did not realise what i ve been through until this night , oh man .cant describe : improved vision ,mood brain.. all is much better . never go back again .Finasteride is the biggest mistake in my life .was so deperate to get some hair back but never thought it will cause this much damage. hope it will stay like that without the famous "crash".Finasteride ..Never again .

Last edited: