Hairloss Prevention While On Steroids

soundnvision

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Im really not clued up on this but why the hell would anyone prone to hair loss go near roids? how muscular does someone need to be? I can't see why someone would value a bit more extra muscle over their hair.
If you knew what it was like to be naturally very skinny maybe you would understand. I worked out for nearly 3 years naturally and gained 3 kg, then I tried a mild test/deca cycle and gained 10kg in 8 weeks, go figure.

soundnvision

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Moosey, how does your hair respond when using a nandrolone? Supposed to be hair sparing for most, but not all. Just cant use with fina or it will accelerate shedding. You can build a very nice looking physique with a TRT dose of test and 300-400 mg of NPP. Muscular, lean and cut if your diet is solid. Can also add in something like anavar.
I've just finished a npp cycle of 400mg a week with 200mg test and it didnt affect my hair, I'm using 5mg oral minoxidil and no finasteride.
I've tried tren and dbol in the past and they shed my hair, especially dbol.Dbol was great though I wish I could tolerate it, you can literally feel it surging through you 20 mins after taking it and you gain alot of size quickly.
I'm only going to take test with anavar or tbol from now on, the extra bit of size you get with tren or dbol isnt worth it when it destroys your hair.

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've just finished a npp cycle of 400mg a week with 200mg test and it didnt affect my hair, I'm using 5mg oral minoxidil and no finasteride.
I've tried tren and dbol in the past and they shed my hair, especially dbol.Dbol was great though I wish I could tolerate it, you can literally feel it surging through you 20 mins after taking it and you gain alot of size quickly.
I'm only going to take test with anavar or tbol from now on, the extra bit of size you get with tren or dbol isnt worth it when it destroys your hair.

So you are pronte to male pattern baldness, take no finasteride nor dutasteride and you did not have any hair loss while on 200mg test a week?

Oral minoxidil will not prevent hair loss from androgens.

I use topical dutasteride with great sucess and no sides. However, I am starting TRT next week and it might not be enough

arnoldd

Experienced Member
Reaction score
So you are pronte to male pattern baldness, take no finasteride nor dutasteride and you did not have any hair loss while on 200mg test a week?

I use topical dutasteride with great sucess and no sides. However, I am starting TRT next week and it might not be enough

hair loss doesnt appear immediately after steroids. You will notice the thinning after 3-4 months.
However that man seems not prone to baldness at all, if he was, after tren and dbol there should be nothing left

soundnvision

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
hair loss doesnt appear immediately after steroids. You will notice the thinning after 3-4 months.
However that man seems not prone to baldness at all, if he was, after tren and dbol there should be nothing left
I was norwood 3 with massive diffuse thinning. When I took tren and dbol it shed my hair but it came back 2 months after, I was on finasteride at that time though.

arnoldd

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I was norwood 3 with massive diffuse thinning. When I took tren and dbol it shed my hair but it came back 2 months after, I was on finasteride at that time though.

finasteride doesnt have any effect because they dont need to be converted to dht unlike test.
They are very harsh , literally eat in little time the hairs of someone prone to baldness

soundnvision

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
finasteride doesnt have any effect because they dont need to be converted to dht unlike test.
They are very harsh , literally eat in little time the hairs of someone prone to baldness
I mean when I came off, my hair went back to normal.I know finasteride will do nothing while on. I'm extremely prone to baldness I started losing in my teens and am a big diffuse thinner.Ive had 2 transplants.

Father_of_Shiseido

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Moosey ; I think you have a good knowledge about anabolic steroids. Can I ask you which one of these is most harmful for hair? Testosterone , Anavar, and DHT ?

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score

Are you using topical Finasteride and Dutasteride? Thinning fast in 1% topical Finasteride daily. Was thinking of adding 1% Topical Dutasteride 1-2 times a week with the Finasteride

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Moosey ; I think you have a good knowledge about anabolic steroids. Can I ask you which one of these is most harmful for hair? Testosterone , Anavar, and DHT ?
Pretty obvious. DHT, then Testosterone, then Anavar. Anavar is very mild to hair. Its much more anabolic than it is androgenic, which is why women can take it too.
DHT is almost purely androgenic

Last edited:

Father_of_Shiseido

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Pretty obvious. DHT, then Testosterone, then Anavar. Anavar is very mild to hair. Its much more anabolic than it is androgenic, which is why women can take it too.
DHT is almost purely androgenic
Thnx. I was on oral spironolactone for more than a year. It worked for my hair but it caused some fat redistribution on my face which I don't like. In order to get back to the normal, I thought about starting TRT. However, I am scared of putting more testosterone into my system. So, my question is if I add Anavar instead of TRT, can I get back my previous masculine face?

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thnx. I was on oral spironolactone for more than a year. It worked for my hair but it caused some fat redistribution on my face which I don't like. In order to get back to the normal, I thought about starting TRT. However, I am scared of putting more testosterone into my system. So, my question is if I add Anavar instead of TRT, can I get back my previous masculine face?
I dont know. I dont know how spironolacton works and if TRT would help with it. For example, if it works like bicalutamide, then TRT is useless.
If these changes in your face happened because of lowered androgenicity, then anavar isnt the answer for you. As i said, women use anavar because it has almost none of the masculinazation properties.
spironolocaton seems to be a duaretic too, so it seems likely its going to cause some changes in your face if it interferes with water in your skin.
But again, i dont know enough about it to give you an answer.

arnoldd

Experienced Member
Reaction score

both trt and anavar will hurt your hairs. You know spironolactone cause feminization. I would drop spironolactone, stick with duta and save money for a hair transplant.

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Will TRT hurt your hair on dutasteride and RU?
It should not in theory.
You would be blocking both DHT and receptors

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Any thoughts on the use of anabolics (testosterone, HCG) as a method to balance/mitigate AA side effects? I know my situation has gotten exponentially worse in trying to regain libido, semen/erection quality after introducing topical Finasteride.

Is doing nothing (no AA, no test) better than trying to fight Androgenetic Alopecia topically and recover from sides systemically? Not to bring up that dude Derek but he seems like he has a better grasp on this than any urologist I’ve talked with... the theory holds but there is almost no way of knowing which way the battle is trending at any given point.

I use 4ml of topical Finasteride and 4ml RU daily 5mg oral minoxidil with 50cc HCG and 20 mg Androgel 3 times a week.

Finasteride wasn’t doing much even before the HCG/testosterone but now I can at least tolerate the sides. Destroying hair though. f***.

I have read (can't remember where) that androgel is much worse for hairloss than injectable test. Some pathway crap I can't remember, look it up

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No, why would healthy levels of testosterone "destroy" hair? Unless you are one of thise delusional people who take 250mg of test per week and think thats "TRT".

I have spent alot of time researching and trying out different alternatives to find the perfect "cycle". Theres always seems to be something that ruins it. nandrolone kills my libido. boldenone kills my libido. primobolan is too expensive and not as hair safe as people make it out to be.
Finding legit tbol is really not easy. And im scared to death to get winny or dbol instead, which will just eat my hair.

Anavar is a good option, but its expensive too and as far as i know, it lowers SHBG significantly which will in turn have me more DHT and Test circulating in my body. Its kinda like simply increasing my dosage of test.

Im currently on 300mg of test decanoate per week and i swear my hair is literally getting denser. I didnt expect my cocktail to accomplish that while im bulking on that amount of test. Its getting denser despite some increased shedding, which is weird too. Ill take it

300mg test a eek
What are you taking for hair loss?

StudyHacks

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
300mg test a eek
What are you taking for hair loss?
I'm not him but he's probably taking RU or Finasteride for hair loss. RU is really popular among steroid users because it essentially blocks all testosterone and almost all DHT on the scalp given its binding affinity to the AR

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not him but he's probably taking RU or Finasteride for hair loss. RU is really popular among steroid users because it essentially blocks all testosterone and almost all DHT on the scalp given its binding affinity to the AR

We know this buddy

I am just interested in this personal protocol.

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
We know this buddy

I am just interested in this personal protocol.
-50mg topical RU58841
-60mg topical ketoconazole creme
-ZIX solution
-stemoxydine
-topical estradiol creme, 1mg per day
-50mg azelaic acid
-needling
- oral castor oil, 6ml

I'd like to think otherwise, but im certain the growth im getting is just from the castor oil. Meaning its just temporary and is not a reversal of the hairloss. Either way, its protecting my hair and im happy with it.

Father_of_Shiseido

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
-50mg topical RU58841
-60mg topical ketoconazole creme
-ZIX solution
-stemoxydine
-topical estradiol creme, 1mg per day
-50mg azelaic acid
-needling
- oral castor oil, 6ml

I'd like to think otherwise, but im certain the growth im getting is just from the castor oil. Meaning its just temporary and is not a reversal of the hairloss. Either way, its protecting my hair and im happy with it.
Since you are maintaining on such a weak regimen, add oral finasteride 1 my, it will solve your hair loss problem.