Hairloss Prevention While On Steroids

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just did my blood work this week. Has anybody been successful on a Test only cycle with Dutasteride or TRT low dose with Dutasteride, meaning, no thinning or shedding?

I have been on topical dutasteride for 2 months. 2ML every 2 weeks. I have had zero side effects.

My DHT came back below range. The lowest it has been. 170pg/ml
My total test also went down from 610 to 470 in 12 months. Im 34 and workout daily.
Free test also down by 50%

I have feel great. No sides. I have zero hair loss. Not even one strand on the shower (it's freaking me out) and energy levels are normal, however, I do have little sleep (5 hours) and have trouble gaining muscle or shredding fat which is also very important to me.

I want my test to be around 800-900 which were my levels at 20 and keep my DHT below 250.

Estrogen is fine, on the upper middle range

I would like to start pinning test, start off with 100mg a week and see what happens but it worries me that it will affect my hair.

Father_of_Shiseido

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just did my blood work this week. Has anybody been successful on a Test only cycle with Dutasteride or TRT low dose with Dutasteride, meaning, no thinning or shedding?

I have been on topical dutasteride for two months. 2ML every two weeks. I have had zero side effects.

My DHT came back below range. The lowest it has been. 170pg/ml
My total test also went down from 610 to 470 in 12 months. Im 34 and workout daily.
Free test also down by 50%

I have feel great. No sides. I have zero hair loss. Not even one strand on the shower (it's freaking me out) and energy levels are normal, however, I do have little sleep (5 hours) and have trouble gaining muscle or shredding fat which is also very important to me.

I want my test to be around 800-900 which were my levels at 20 and keep my DHT below 250.

Estrogen is fine, on the upper middle range

I would like to start pinning test, start off with 100mg a week and see what happens but it worries me that it will affect my hair.
Does Topical dutasteride even work?

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does Topical dutasteride even work?

For me and all the other users at the Spanish forums yes, 100%. It's about 10 of us.
I find your question quite odd.
It also does go systemic even though molecular weight is above 500, however, systemic inhibition in my case has been 45-50%, not 90-95% as when taking orally.
Zero hair loss for the last 8 weeks. Not a single hair strand on the shower and no sides.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Im really not clued up on this but why the hell would anyone prone to hair loss go near roids? how muscular does someone need to be? I can't see why someone would value a bit more extra muscle over their hair.

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Im really not clued up on this but why the hell would anyone prone to hair loss go near roids? how muscular does someone need to be? I can't see why someone would value a bit more extra muscle over their hair.
Its not as extreme as that. You dont lose all of your hair when you take steroids. Even people with bad hairloss dont go bald after a few cycles.

You answered the question yourself. Why would anyone who has hairloss, take steroids? If not taking steroids was an option for me/us, then we wouldnt take them. We still do, which means that being muscular makes us happier than hair. Personally for me, being jacked is way too great for my entire life to simply ignore it. And losing a bit of hair for such a big improvement of my life and well-being is totally worth it for me.

Some people just do it wrong and wreck their hair. They take substances that are too harsh for hair. Or they take amounts that are too harsh too, and then they dont lift and eat and try to compensate with more steroids, while wrecking more and more of their hair. Sometimes its kinda sad to see the kinda state people are in on PEDs.
If you do it right, keep your dosages low, protect your hair as best as possible, lift and eat enough, you'll end up with minimal hairloss and great gains. That only applies to people who simply want to look jacked and impressive for the normal folk. Obviously if you want to be a bodybuilder you have to take amounts that will wreck your hair no matter what

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Its not as extreme as that. You dont lose all of your hair when you take steroids. Even people with bad hairloss dont go bald after a few cycles.

You answered the question yourself. Why would anyone who has hairloss, take steroids? If not taking steroids was an option for me/us, then we wouldnt take them. We still do, which means that being muscular makes us happier than hair. Personally for me, being jacked is way too great for my entire life to simply ignore it. And losing a bit of hair for such a big improvement of my life and well-being is totally worth it for me.

Some people just do it wrong and wreck their hair. They take substances that are too harsh for hair. Or they take amounts that are too harsh too, and then they dont lift and eat and try to compensate with more steroids, while wrecking more and more of their hair. Sometimes its kinda sad to see the kinda state people are in on PEDs.
If you do it right, keep your dosages low, protect your hair as best as possible, lift and eat enough, you'll end up with minimal hairloss and great gains. That only applies to people who simply want to look jacked and impressive for the normal folk. Obviously if you want to be a bodybuilder you have to take amounts that will wreck your hair no matter what

Im not a body builder or anything, i have literally no muscles lol but isn't it possible to get jacked quite sufficiently without having to go near roids? I guess making muscle gains and stuff might become addictive and you want a little bit more then a little bit more and then you hit a wall and need extra help i guess.

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Im not a body builder or anything, i have literally no muscles lol but isn't it possible to get jacked quite sufficiently without having to go near roids? I guess making muscle gains and stuff might become addictive and you want a little bit more then a little bit more and then you hit a wall and need extra help i guess.
"sufficiently" is not what im aiming for. Im aiming for impressive. Your average gym-goer is not impressive. They have muscles yes, they are visible yes. But does anyone turn their heads to check them out? No, i dont think so. Im aiming for a physique thats impressive. That is not achieveable for the majority of people. Its a physique that doesnt look disgusting, but very impressive. Something between a actual bodybuilder who competes, and some guy who just lift reguarly.
No one takes steroids to look "sufficiently".

"stuff might". No. Not everyone is a degenerate with a tendency to addiction. I have taken one moderate dosage of testosterone only once, and from there on it has only been low dosages. Its not hard to not be a degenerate. It really isnt.
You only have to build a physique once. From there on, its really easy to maintain. You dont even need to roid

Last edited:

coco_304

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
For me and all the other users at the Spanish forums yes, 100%. It's about 10 of us.
It also does go systemic even though molecular weight is above 500, however, systemic inhibition in my case has been 45-50%, not 90-95% as when taking orally.
Zero hair loss for the last 8 weeks. Not a single hair strand on the shower and no sides.
How you got 1 mg loniten?

Father_of_Shiseido

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I heard that dutasteride has to be metabolised by the liver. Anyway, I would like to know how you are making your topical dutasteride?

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Mustang
You are fat/chubby, you sleep 5 hours a day. Of course your test is low.

Ehhhh. No
I am not fat neither chubby. I just can't put on muscle like I used too cause my test levels are too low
I workout daily and eat healthy. I have be extremely strict with my diet to stay at 14% bodyfat. I want to be around 10-11%
One burger and I am up 1%. My test is low, again.
I don't choose to sleep 5 hours

Your comment does not make any sense. You are implying one is the consequence of the other when it's completely irrelevant.

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ehhhh. No
I am not fat neither chubby. I just can't put on muscle like I used too cause my test levels are too low
I workout daily and eat healthy. I have be extremely strict with my diet to stay at 14% bodyfat. I want to be around 10-11%
One burger and I am up 1%. My test is low, again.
I don't choose to sleep 5 hours

Your comment does not make any sense. You are implying one is the consequence of the other when it's completely irrelevant.
What? Sleeping too little is literally the worst thing you can do for your test levels. Being even slightly chubby raises your estrogen and lowers your testosterone. That is common knowledge

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What? Sleeping too little is literally the worst thing you can do for your test levels. Being even slightly chubby raises your estrogen and lowers your testosterone. That is common knowledge

Again, I don't choose to sleep little.

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Again, I don't choose to sleep little.
Im not arguing with you about whatever you are doing. Im just stating that both of these things, exspecially sleep, are almost the most important things for healthy testosterone levels, along with Vitamin D

JackParm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Moosey, how does your hair respond when using a nandrolone? Supposed to be hair sparing for most, but not all. Just cant use with fina or it will accelerate shedding. You can build a very nice looking physique with a TRT dose of test and 300-400 mg of NPP. Muscular, lean and cut if your diet is solid. Can also add in something like anavar.

JackParm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Doesn’t TRT destroy hair?
TRT is providing your body with a middle of the range level of testosterone, say 600-900. How anyone reacts to this is highly individualistic. The suggestion is to take that level of testosterone and a more hair friendly substance to achieve the results he wants, instead of taking 2-3 times that amount of testosterone.

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Doesn’t TRT destroy hair?
No, why would healthy levels of testosterone "destroy" hair? Unless you are one of thise delusional people who take 250mg of test per week and think thats "TRT".

Moosey, how does your hair respond when using a nandrolone? Supposed to be hair sparing for most, but not all. Just cant use with fina or it will accelerate shedding. You can build a very nice looking physique with a TRT dose of test and 300-400 mg of NPP. Muscular, lean and cut if your diet is solid. Can also add in something like anavar.
I have spent alot of time researching and trying out different alternatives to find the perfect "cycle". Theres always seems to be something that ruins it. nandrolone kills my libido. boldenone kills my libido. primobolan is too expensive and not as hair safe as people make it out to be.
Finding legit tbol is really not easy. And im scared to death to get winny or dbol instead, which will just eat my hair.

Anavar is a good option, but its expensive too and as far as i know, it lowers SHBG significantly which will in turn have me more DHT and Test circulating in my body. Its kinda like simply increasing my dosage of test.

Im currently on 300mg of test decanoate per week and i swear my hair is literally getting denser. I didnt expect my cocktail to accomplish that while im bulking on that amount of test. Its getting denser despite some increased shedding, which is weird too. Ill take it