Hairloss Prevention While On Steroids

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You will see the dangers of roids to your hairs after 2-3 months.
The best prevention is to use 2,5mg duta + ru + spironolactone + keto + minoxidil. Duta and ru are the most important.
You can just use test. Because the others steroids like stanozolol or dianabol are dht derivates and dont need to get converted.
Its important also to use tamoxifen for gyno because with the high testo and low dht the estrogens go really high.
However, i think if you are prone to male pattern baldness and you care about your hairs the steroids use is a suicide.
Thats overblown man. If you use enough stuff, you can combat 250mg and even 500mg of test. And i wouldnt use an AI if its manageable.
For some people not being on steroids is not an option unfortunately. It improves my quality of life by too much to simply ignore it.

yeah - I still got sides too when taking finasteride and T.
Have you tried topical finasteride?
Im going to use topical dutasteride/finasteride very soon. Along with my other topicals im rather confident im not going to experience much hairloss at all considering my low dose. After that ill drop down to 100mg, cruise for eternity and keep all my gains. I should have never come off

Timpson12

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thats overblown man. If you use enough stuff, you can combat 250mg and even 500mg of test. And i wouldnt use an AI if its manageable.
For some people not being on steroids is not an option unfortunately. It improves my quality of life by too much to simply ignore it.

Im going to use topical dutasteride/finasteride very soon. Along with my other topicals im rather confident im not going to experience much hairloss at all considering my low dose. After that ill drop down to 100mg, cruise for eternity and keep all my gains. I should have never come off

I'd really avoid Dutasteride if you get sides from finasteride - takes ages to get back to baseline too if you do suffer side-effects. Try Finasteride to begin with.

I did 125mg Test E and 50mg Turinabol and it worked like a charm. Was on Finasteride too and little shedding ... but plenty of finasteride side-effects. Anavar and Deca are also not that harsh on hair.

-----

Just read your post saying you didn't recover post cycle and honestly, it took me like 6-8 months of no finasteride and no steroids to get back to normal. Lost all motivation and ability to gain muscle amongst other things due to low T. It's why I have no desire to get back on. Have you tried a power PCT? get blood done? visited an endo? whats your age?

Last edited:

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'd really avoid Dutasteride if you get sides from finasteride - takes ages to get back to baseline too if you do suffer side-effects. Try Finasteride to begin with.

I did 125mg Test E and 50mg Turinabol and it worked like a charm. Was on Finasteride too and little shedding ... but plenty of finasteride side-effects. Anavar and Deca are also not that harsh on hair.

-----

Just read your post saying you didn't recover post cycle and honestly, it took me like 6-8 months of no finasteride and no steroids to get back to normal. Lost all motivation and ability to gain muscle amongst other things due to low T. It's why I have no desire to get back on. Have you tried a power PCT? get blood done? visited an endo? whats your age?
Im 24 now. Roided from 21-23 non- stop. Did one blast, then only cruises ranging from 100mg to 250mg.
I know. I used dutasteride for the entirety of 2019 and it ran out end of september. I still cant get any erections, though i am confident it'll come back sooner or later.
I will indeed first use topical finasteride and see how things go. I would use at most 0.02mg of topical dutasteride which is almost nothing. 0.01mg of oral dutasteride seems to supress DHT only by 5-10%. The point of duta is that for that extra type 1 5ar inhibition.
I recovered from post cycle just fine, just not with my hair. I dont eat, i havent lifted in 12 months and i look like someone whos visiting the gym for 2 years. I made a very long PCT .All good in that department.

Using hairloss medications and stopping steroids is what got me into this situation. I had a full head of hair after 2.5 years of BnC with some slow thinning. Used minoxidil, lost 20% of my hair. Went off roids shortly after and went on dutasteride to hope i get my hair back and go back on when everything is good. Nope, it decimated my hair even more to the point i had to shave it off and my friends started making fun of it (they never noticed it before). Up until 1-2 months ago when i stopped using dutasteride and used oral castor oil, my hair improved a little.

Everything went to sh*t by going off roids. Everything. Theres no point in me being natty any longer. I gave it a year and my hair still looks like crap. Might as well get back on and keep what i have. My plan is to acquire my old physique (which is easily done), drop to TRT dosage and enjoy life again. This way, i wont have to tackle hairloss, i dont need to come off and experience more shedding. Ill have nice gains and the hairs thats left on my head. Thats better than whatever im doing right now. No gains, sh*t hair. Might as well have gains and sh*t hair.

I spent so much money on my current protocol, im confident it'll easily combat my 250mg dosage. Going to add topical spironolactone and estradiol too. Thanks to some tranny source i found on the tranny subreddit.
You are right, theres no point on going back on if you have to go through PCT again. I dont plan to come off for the near future so its fine for me.

hemingway_the_mercenary

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Im 24 now. Roided from 21-23 non- stop. Did one blast, then only cruises ranging from 100mg to 250mg.
I know. I used dutasteride for the entirety of 2019 and it ran out end of september. I still cant get any erections, though i am confident it'll come back sooner or later.
I will indeed first use topical finasteride and see how things go. I would use at most 0.02mg of topical dutasteride which is almost nothing. 0.01mg of oral dutasteride seems to supress DHT only by 5-10%. The point of duta is that for that extra type 1 5ar inhibition.
I recovered from post cycle just fine, just not with my hair. I dont eat, i havent lifted in 12 months and i look like someone whos visiting the gym for 2 years. I made a very long PCT .All good in that department.

Using hairloss medications and stopping steroids is what got me into this situation. I had a full head of hair after 2.5 years of BnC with some slow thinning. Used minoxidil, lost 20% of my hair. Went off roids shortly after and went on dutasteride to hope i get my hair back and go back on when everything is good. Nope, it decimated my hair even more to the point i had to shave it off and my friends started making fun of it (they never noticed it before). Up until 1-2 months ago when i stopped using dutasteride and used oral castor oil, my hair improved a little.

Everything went to sh*t by going off roids. Everything. Theres no point in me being natty any longer. I gave it a year and my hair still looks like crap. Might as well get back on and keep what i have. My plan is to acquire my old physique (which is easily done), drop to TRT dosage and enjoy life again. This way, i wont have to tackle hairloss, i dont need to come off and experience more shedding. Ill have nice gains and the hairs thats left on my head. Thats better than whatever im doing right now. No gains, sh*t hair. Might as well have gains and sh*t hair.

I spent so much money on my current protocol, im confident it'll easily combat my 250mg dosage. Going to add topical spironolactone and estradiol too. Thanks to some tranny source i found on the tranny subreddit.
You are right, theres no point on going back on if you have to go through PCT again. I dont plan to come off for the near future so its fine for me.

spirinolactonr is not active topicaly. It’s metabolites are what are active

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
spirinolactonr is not active topicaly. It’s metabolites are what are active
I know. The same thing can be said about dutasteride and finasteride though (active only when processed by the liver), yet they work topically.
Either way, its not going to hurt.
Why did you abort your bicalutamide experiment? I remember you saying it was working protecting your hair quite well.
I could get my hands on some but i want to be careful because its a powerful drug

hemingway_the_mercenary

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I know. The same thing can be said about dutasteride and finasteride though (active only when processed by the liver), yet they work topically.
Either way, its not going to hurt.
Why did you abort your bicalutamide experiment? I remember you saying it was working protecting your hair quite well.
I could get my hands on some but i want to be careful because its a powerful drug

No finasteride is active in its orginal form. That’s why it works topically, not sure about dutasteride. No studies for it

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone using HCG or topical test? When I got hit with Finasteride sides last year upon starting topcial the PCP put me on what he said was low dose Androgel that would actually help my hair. It did not and after a few months even with the topical Finasteride I lost a great deal of density and for the first time the thinning mostly in crown/vertex hit my hairline and temples.

Test has been all over the place I. The last two years 200-900. DHT is always low around 25.

Dropped the test and crashed, depression etc. Urologist tried clomid no AI and estrogen went from 9-90. Then put me in HCG despite the cost. Thinning continued but look of hair held somewhat. Got nervous and dropped HCG added Propecia and hairline and over all density is taking a hit. Massive sheds all lengths, definitely miniaturized.

so I’m sort of fucked and making the awful choice hairloss poses. Lose your hair or feel good.

Does brain chemistry change on test or HCG? Do you become dependent? Mood and depression are the sides I’m most worried about and think the PCP ruined me with the run of test, both hair and health.

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone using HCG or topical test? When I got hit with Finasteride sides last year upon starting topcial the PCP put me on what he said was low dose Androgel that would actually help my hair. It did not and after a few months even with the topical Finasteride I lost a great deal of density and for the first time the thinning mostly in crown/vertex hit my hairline and temples.

Test has been all over the place I. The last two years 200-900. DHT is always low around 25.

Dropped the test and crashed, depression etc. Urologist tried clomid no AI and estrogen went from 9-90. Then put me in HCG despite the cost. Thinning continued but look of hair held somewhat. Got nervous and dropped HCG added Propecia and hairline and over all density is taking a hit. Massive sheds all lengths, definitely miniaturized.

so I’m sort of fucked and making the awful choice hairloss poses. Lose your hair or feel good.

Does brain chemistry change on test or HCG? Do you become dependent? Mood and depression are the sides I’m most worried about and think the PCP ruined me with the run of test, both hair and health.

long term HCG isn't viable or you'll damage your testes. If by doing PCT type regimes isn't getting you back to baseline then you may need TRT - how much you use will determine your hair loss.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
PCT? Either though I’m fucked when it comes to hair or is there a balance that can work to maintain without dropping testosterone levels etc.?

I saw a few mentions of balance versus high to low levels independently. I get that it comes down to receptors just as much as levels.

In theory the Topical Finasteride + oral Minoxidil combo should help to maintain with a healthy level of T.

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Try topical dutasteride. It works. I have am on it and it stopped the hair loss immediately.

I have used topical finasteride with DMI at 0.1%. Horrible sides. Then switched to 0.03% without DMI. No sides but did not stop hair loss.

Back to 0.1% without DMI and added oral Saw Palmetto. It reduced the hair loss by 25% at best. Headaches after applying it but no libido sides.

Then went onto topical dutasteride and it works. Hair loss stopped 90%. I did have sides and I am still having but mild.

I apply it once a week. Dutasteride half-life is 4 weeks. You don't need it daily.

I am also starting Dutasteride mesotherapy every 2 months. The results are simply incredible. We have 200 patients at the spanish forum

Check the results for yourself. This is only with treatment: https://drpelo.es/tag/mesoterapia

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
PCT? Either though I’m fucked when it comes to hair or is there a balance that can work to maintain without dropping testosterone levels etc.?

I saw a few mentions of balance versus high to low levels independently. I get that it comes down to receptors just as much as levels.

In theory the Topical Finasteride + oral Minoxidil combo should help to maintain with a healthy level of T.

You can use HCG as PCT but if for whatever your T levels dont stick to a healthy level you can use TRT. Why has your T been so all over the place ?

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
You can use HCG as PCT but if for whatever your T levels dont stick to a healthy level you can use TRT. Why has your T been so all over the place ?
It goes pretty high on HCG 3 x week. I stopped and it dropped from 901 to 380 in a week. I don’t feel well under 650 these days.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Try topical dutasteride. It works. I have am on it and it stopped the hair loss immediately.

I have used topical finasteride with DMI at 0.1%. Horrible sides. Then switched to 0.03% without DMI. No sides but did not stop hair loss.
How bad are the sides? And please elaborate on what you mean by DMI? I’m missing these acronyms. Why is PCT?
Back to 0.1% without DMI and added oral Saw Palmetto. It reduced the hair loss by 25% at best. Headaches after applying it but no libido sides.

Then went onto topical dutasteride and it works. Hair loss stopped 90%. I did have sides and I am still having but mild.

I apply it once a week. Dutasteride half-life is 4 weeks. You don't need it daily.

I am also starting Dutasteride mesotherapy every 2 months. The results are simply incredible. We have 200 patients at the spanish forum

Check the results for yourself. This is only with treatment: https://drpelo.es/tag/mesoterapia

hemingway_the_mercenary

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I hardly lost any hair on my cycle with my 2mg/ml finasteride and 10mg/ml oh-flut topical. It’s all about the vehicle tho. The standard vehicles deliver less than 1% of the drug to the follicles

I’ve dropped the finasteride to 0.3mg/ml and it’s still just as effective. Oh-f was holding my hair even though my E was crashed below the detectable limit for 2 whole weeks

shame it’s so much more expensive than ru

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Correct. The vehicle is everything
DMI is the best. Without it my topical finasteride didn't do anything for my hair loss.

Now on topical dutasteride and it's incredible. I have zero hair loss and no sides and I only apply it once a week!

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can someone weigh in on what DMI means?

I’m 1.5 years in Topical Finasteride and I’m losing density daily. I am beyond desperate and honestly feel like ending it because of the pain.

I wasted a full year and half and incredible head because a doctor continues to tell me I have chronic Telogen Effluvium and not male pattern baldness. I have clear and aggressive miniaturization.

I didn’t get the sides on topcial or at least they aren’t as bad. Considering topcial Dutasteride.

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can someone weigh in on what DMI means?

I’m 1.5 years in Topical Finasteride and I’m losing density daily. I am beyond desperate and honestly feel like ending it because of the pain.

I wasted a full year and half and incredible head because a doctor continues to tell me I have chronic Telogen Effluvium and not male pattern baldness. I have clear and aggressive miniaturization.

I didn’t get the sides on topcial or at least they aren’t as bad. Considering topcial Dutasteride.

Tried oral finasteride ?

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes. Tried a year ago. Sides within about 8 days. Switched to topical for a year. Had noticeable decline in October (more diffuse thinning) and tried Propecia again for 3 weeks. Same deal dead libido, unbearable testes pain, depression. I am still fighting sides on topcial.

I recovered the first round with 3 weeks of topical testosterone low dose 1.6 gram. Hair got worse. Urologist suggested the HCG and it helped balance sides but lost more density.