hairloss has humbled me

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
Back when I was a NW0 I would be so reckless with my health, now fastforward 3 years later (and a NW1.5) it has had the opposite effect (24 now), I have been humbled by it.

Today, I got my haircut. It is medium length, shaggy. After I got it cut, I checked out my hairline, and then quickly realised that it hadn't receeded as badly as I had originally thought. For some reason longer hair seems to make the angle look a lot more sharper then when it is shorter to the point your eyes play tricks on you. Aside from my hairline, the rest of my hair is insanely thick. I was so nervous during him cutting it.

hairline%20new.jpg

Now, I am exercising, eating a lot more healthily, and generally looking after myself a lot better. I have also now realised that life is far too short to be depressed and that I should be enjoying myself right now, rather then wasting my youth away only to regret it later on life, when I am old.

To sum it up, having mild hairloss has taught me one thing, never take the things that you have for granted - because you can end up losing it. Everyday I wake up now, I just thank god for keeping the mop on my head for another day.

I would like to apologise to UCMan and all the other NW6s out there for my earlier rants, you guys are right if I hit that stage I will probably hit major depression.

Nice thick head of hair, true mature hairline at Norwood 1.5 which you can comb normally. Would be interesting to see if you did truly develop hair loss a decade or so later, you say it's changed a bit but just curious! If it's all still like that, it's perfect to slick up, fade and pleasant social interactions as well as social media pics in your prime.
Oknow, you and kerzyguy have alot in common. You both like to show photos of your nonexistent hair loss. Take it from a guy like me who has BDD like yourself. Your hair is fine. Stop worrying about it. Honestly, if my hairline looked as good as yours I would never have joined this forum. However, my hairline used to look like yours but now it has diffusely thinned to the point that even one of the most ethical hair transplant docs feels I am a good candidate to restore my hairline so it will once again look like yours. If my hairline looked as good as yours, he would have rejected me. If he took a look at your hairline, he would tell you have no hair loss.

I think if one can make peace with their hair loss truly and do nothing, it's admirable, especially when they have options like yourself (good candidate you were overall, enough money etc). However, I think for you it continued to bother you but you felt concerned about surgery outcomes so you didn't do anything. Personally I would have taken the risk in your shoes, so many people have, life is short and can always repair especially in your comfortable shoes! It's sad to me that your old posts resonate even now when it is easy to rectify the hairline surgically unlike serious baldness. Who knows, maybe you still will and it will taste sweet !

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ppl who are nw1 or 2, and dont suffer from hairloss shouldnt join this forum at all. Its Called hairloss talk for a damn reason.

Regan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ppl who are nw1 or 2, and dont suffer from hairloss shouldnt join this forum at all. Its Called hairloss talk for a damn reason.

Exactly. It's a place on this planet for people (mostly disturbed BDD types) who talk a lot about hair loss, rather than actually suffer from it.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Exactly. It's a place on this planet for people (mostly disturbed BDD types) who talk a lot about hair loss, rather than actually suffer from it.
Yes exactly and a new guy just joined whos 56 with no male pattern baldness just calf hairloss and he use oral minoxidill to get thicker body hair and calf hair like wtf? This forum is for head hairloss and People with male pattern baldness not damn calf hairloss. And he keeps bragging about his hair saying its as thick as it was since he was a kid. He should get the ban hammer.

Lumalux

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not bragging about my thick head hair. I just pointed out that there are different causes of hair loss on different parts of the body and I'd like to recover/gain some of mine. Dude, I thought we were friends.

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nice thick head of hair, true mature hairline at Norwood 1.5 which you can comb normally. Would be interesting to see if you did truly develop hair loss a decade or so later, you say it's changed a bit but just curious! If it's all still like that, it's perfect to slick up, fade and pleasant social interactions as well as social media pics in your prime.

I think if one can make peace with their hair loss truly and do nothing, it's admirable, especially when they have options like yourself (good candidate you were overall, enough money etc). However, I think for you it continued to bother you but you felt concerned about surgery outcomes so you didn't do anything. Personally I would have taken the risk in your shoes, so many people have, life is short and can always repair especially in your comfortable shoes! It's sad to me that your old posts resonate even now when it is easy to rectify the hairline surgically unlike serious baldness. Who knows, maybe you still will and it will taste sweet !

1crop.jpg
5crop.jpg

My problem area
3crop.jpg

4crop.jpg
2crop.jpg

There is hairloss.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score

Before you had no loss and a mature hairline but now yes you do have hair loss, mainly recession in the right but nothing too great. That right side is Norwood 2.5 but the left is still mature and doesn't looked to have moved, thickness is normal and the calibre of hair helps. It's quite common for the right side to go back first and also the asymmetry is indicative of passing the mature point. If you measure the centre of the hairline to the glabella and do the same for corners to the top of eyebrows you will see some disparity.

You've held on very well on essentially no real treatments, a very slow and minor pattern of hair loss. You never know though when it can become aggressive but you should be good for prime years.

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
Before you had no loss and a mature hairline but now yes you do have hair loss, mainly recession in the right but nothing too great. That right side is Norwood 2.5 but the left is still mature and doesn't looked to have moved, thickness is normal and the calibre of hair helps. It's quite common for the right side to go back first and also the asymmetry is indicative of passing the mature point. If you measure the centre of the hairline to the glabella and do the same for corners to the top of eyebrows you will see some disparity.

You've held on very well on essentially no real treatments, a very slow and minor pattern of hair loss. You never know though when it can become aggressive but you should be good for prime years.

mature hairline is a complete myth

I was losing ground until I started my mild treatments, caught it just in time

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
mature hairline is a complete myth

I was losing ground until I started my mild treatments, caught it just in time

Not a myth, while it's possible for many men especially of certain ethnicities or regions to retain a juvenile line, most will develop a mature one about a finger above the original one and a bit more in the corners sometime between 17-29. The reason some people think it's a myth is there a lot of people who claim to have a mature one which are full on balding lol. It should be thick, symmetrical and slight V shape etc. You had a perfect one but then developed some mild balding which could easily be rectified.

@losingbattle88 seems to be losing it with dislikes, probably thinking dammit why am I on so much treatment and still losing it and he isn't = he is not balding, no actually the answer is simply different genetics. And since you joined in 2015, if after 7 years you can't pick up recession than you're pretty slow and should probably read up on "hair science." Yes he has a decent to good head of hair but he does have recession and any hair transplant dr would say the same and offer a 1500 graft fix up (with some reinforcement).

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not a myth, while it's possible for many men especially of certain ethnicities or regions to retain a juvenile line, most will develop a mature one about a finger above the original one and a bit more in the corners sometime between 17-29. The reason some people think it's a myth is there a lot of people who claim to have a mature one which are full on balding lol. It should be thick, symmetrical and slight V shape etc. You had a perfect one but then developed some mild balding which could easily be rectified.

@losingbattle88 seems to be losing it with dislikes, probably thinking dammit why am I on so much treatment and still losing it and he isn't = he is not balding, no actually the answer is simply different genetics. And since you joined in 2015, if after 7 years you can't pick up recession than you're pretty slow and should probably read up on "hair science." Yes he has a decent to good head of hair but he does have recession and any hair transplant dr would say the same and offer a 1500 graft fix up (with some reinforcement).

yeah I agree , male pattern baldness is different for different people
My right side has always been more assymetrical to the left once hairloss kicked in 10 years ago
People on here thought I had BDD though

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
My right side has always been more assymetrical to the left once hairloss kicked in 10 years ago

you can see from this old photo that the angle is sharper on the right side

1834FA1E-50F9-4147-B0EB-D79671CD8697.jpeg

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score

I’ve also had a derm confirm that I have recession

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
You do have BDD. Why even post pictures of your hair when you stopped your balding 10 years ago lol? Whats the point of it? You arent balding anymore go live your life and leave this forum. If you are so damn insecure of your barely NW2.5 then fly to turkey and get that sorted out. I have lived with a nw2.5 for 11 years but I dont cry about it everyday in the mirror like you do. You seem very insecure and self centered u have narcassistic traits.

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
You do have BDD. Why even post pictures of your hair when you stopped your balding 10 years ago lol? Whats the point of it? You arent balding anymore go live your life and leave this forum. If you are so damn insecure of your barely NW2.5 then fly to turkey and get that sorted out. I have lived with a nw2.5 for 11 years but I dont cry about it everyday in the mirror like you do. You seem very insecure and self centered u have narcassistic traits.

im still balding
I’m treating it

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
im still balding
I’m treating it
Maybe you would continue to bald without your treatments but you will never know for sure. If dutasteride treatment would stop my balding then I wouldnt be on this forum anymore so please go live your life because your treatments stops your balding. You have found what works for you, you should be very happy to never go bald.

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe you would continue to bald without your treatments but you will never know for sure. If dutasteride treatment would stop my balding then I wouldnt be on this forum anymore so please go live your life because your treatments stops your balding. You have found what works for you, you should be very happy to never go bald.

can’t I hang out with fellow hair loss sufferers?