hairloss has humbled me

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thickandthin said:
I think you are just in that awkward phase between a NW1 and a mature hairline.

Those miniaturized hairs on the hairline will fall out and you'll be left with a strong V shape. Not unlike another poster here who also likes to post pictures of his great hair.

The term mature hairline gets tossed around a lot, can someone define this? Some people say that it isn't balding, others say that it is.

Nene

Reaction score
I would have to say that taking a look at those new pics you posted you do seem to have very minor hair loss. Considering your age and the extent of hair loss it probably isn't even male pattern baldness and is very likely a mature hairline. It certainly shouldn't be humbling or traumatic in anyway. Just keep an eye on it. If it bothers you so much use a little rogaine.

Smooth

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Maybe he meant hairloss on his balls cause the hair line is perfectly perfect.. :dunno:

(get the f*** out of here Oknow....fast.. and dont look back boy!)

Edit: and btw, i would looovvee to see Dr. House's pic too...

superfrankie

Established Member
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
I feel...weak. Superfrankie, HatPrisoner where are you? I need the support of my bald brothers.

Even though we may be thousands of miles apart, I still feel a strong sense of togetherness with you and some others in here. Sometimes you guys feel like the closest friends I have. I`m with you til you die my NW5-friend. :firing:

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nene said:
I would have to say that taking a look at those new pics you posted you do seem to have very minor hair loss. Considering your age and the extent of hair loss it probably isn't even male pattern baldness and is very likely a mature hairline. It certainly shouldn't be humbling or traumatic in anyway. Just keep an eye on it. If it bothers you so much use a little rogaine.

Yeah considering the rogaine, thicken up those temple points, been using topical spironolactone seems to have done a good job at maintaining those velius hairs.

Nene

Reaction score
When my hairline first started receding rogaine made it perfect again, but I eventually stopped because of the itching and flaking. Now with foam it isn't much of a problem. You should seriously consider it. I don't think you need anything as strong as finasteride or topical spironolactone yet, and you may never need it.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Smooth said:
Maybe he meant hairloss on his balls cause the hair line is perfectly perfect.. :dunno:

(get the f*ck out of here Oknow....fast.. and dont look back boy!)

Edit: and btw, i would looovvee to see Dr. House's pic too...
If you look at my avatar that is a picture of Dr House..................................... :whistle: Trust me I have hair loss but its diffuse. I have barely any temple recession for my age but my hair is thinner than it was last year. And definitely alot thinner than 5 years ago. The majority of my hair loss happened in the past 5 years. Like I said my hair looked like Oknow but not anymore. So he has a right to be concerned but I think right now his situation is fine. I only show my hair situation to experts like s.a.f. He can vouch for me that I do have some hair loss but nothing like some of the younger folks here.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Or you could have shown him a picture of Keaneu Reeve's right House? Hell, when I was 19 I looked like River Pheonix. That means that House and I could have made a stage play of that movie My Own Private Idaho whilst being total gaylords in the process. :gay:

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
UM, maybe we should just make a sequel to the movie instead and STLL be total gaylords( or maybe even old queens) in the process...................................... :whistle: :gay:

Belmondo

Established Member
Reaction score
GeminiX said:
If you're really able to appreciate your life at 24 years old, you'll go very far indeed :)

Kudos to you!

male pattern baldness sucks but in my case, it also had some positive effects:

a) It made me a stronger person and probably less shallow

b) It was a learning experience. I did a lot of research on the subject and learned quite a lot.

c) My hair is far from perfect (I'm a NW2) but I'm proud of what I've got. I deserve my hair, I worked hard for it.

Nashville Hairline

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Belmondo said:

c) My hair is far from perfect (I'm a NW2) .
I'm struggling to reconcile these two statements.

This board really does make me feel worse about hairloss sometimes when it supposed to offer support? Reading someone like OKnow, who has more hair now than I did when I was 21, saying he feels 'humbled' over his hairloss like he's the Dalai Lama or something. Christ... :jackit:

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nashville Hairline said:
Belmondo said:

c) My hair is far from perfect (I'm a NW2) .
I'm struggling to reconcile these two statements.

This board really does make me feel worse about hairloss sometimes when it supposed to offer support? Reading someone like OKnow, who has more hair now than I did when I was 21, saying he feels 'humbled' over his hairloss like he's the Dalai Lama or something. Christ... :jackit:

Yes, but hairloss is hairloss at the end of the day. Who's to say, and god forbid that my hair loss might get worse over the next couple of years. Irrespective of that, it has changed my look, I no longer style my hair exposing my hairline for example.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Oknow said:
Yes, but hairloss is hairloss at the end of the day.
Obviously not, or else there wouldn't be stages to the Norwood scale. It is not all the same. Minor recession is not the same as being completely bald, in fact they are two different worlds. I hate to use the tired analogy, but it is like you lost your pinky toe and then go to the veterans hospital and b**ch to someone who has lost a leg. No one is going to notice a missing toe through your shoe and you can still walk while this other guy is stuck in a f*****g wheelchair with an empty pant leg dangling. Damn, I just want to slap you with all my might.

GeminiX

Reaction score
UM, are you not being a hypocrite here?

In the perspective thread you claim that your need for hair is important as a woman's, yet your getting violent about someone who is worried and has expressed similar feelings to yourself over something you consider to be minor. Double standards much?

Sure Oknow is over-reacting to his very mild hairloss, but that does not mean he cannot be worried about the future.

We all had hair-loss which started *somewhere*, give the guy a break; would it not be good if this forum has given him the confidence and information to save his hair and feel good about himself?

And to you guys who want him (Oknow) to get off the forum, well show some compassion, he's just worried about the future.

Come on guys, we don't need so much bile and unpleasantness to each other. This is a help forum, not a hate forum.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Sure Oknow is over-reacting to his very mild hairloss, but that does not mean he cannot be worried about the future.
Then maybe he should have entitled his thread "hairloss will humble me....in the future".

GeminiX

Reaction score
Maybe, depends on whether he meant his personal perceived hair-loss or hair-loss in general.

Either way it's just semantics, and threatening violence over words in a forum is kinda silly :)

s.a.f

Reaction score
I dont think he actually threatend violence he was just voicing his frustration at this. And I agree with his point hairloss is a sliding scale and until you've actually hit the higher end of it you have no idea what its like.
People dont seem seem to grasp that the higher Norwood's on here have actualy experienced both ends of the spectrum.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
superfrankie said:
uncomfortable man said:
I feel...weak. Superfrankie, HatPrisoner where are you? I need the support of my bald brothers.

Even though we may be thousands of miles apart, I still feel a strong sense of togetherness with you and some others in here. Sometimes you guys feel like the closest friends I have. I`m with you til you die my NW5-friend. :firing:
Thank you so much for your support and understanding SF. I know it means as much to me as it does to you and although we are a minority on this site (as we are in life) you, HP, SAF and dudemon help me to feel less alone.

GeminiX

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
I dont think he actually threatend violence he was just voicing his frustration at this. And I agree with his point hairloss is a sliding scale and until you've actually hit the higher end of it you have no idea what its like.
People dont seem seem to grasp that the higher Norwood's on here have actualy experienced both ends of the spectrum.

Ok, I stand corrected about the threat of violence part.

But what I fail to grasp is why it's so often the very same people who complain about the way society treats them are the same ones who are then so horrible to people themselves.

In my life people have been utter c*nts to me, yet I don't then behave like that to others.

Surely it's better to try and set an example on how to behave?