Hairloss At 21 Years Old...what To Do?

nahte42

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well...decided to check and see if there was any more actual hair talk here...and find that this has turned into an argument about living alone or with parents and financial situations. Oh and more calling people losers and fools.

I had one of my best weeks in a long time, getting off of here for a while!! Discovered that my baldness is not a major issue...god most of you on here who drag bald people down are pathetic pieces of trash, literally. I actually grew out my top a little; shaved sides, doesn't look too bad. And for those who are completely bald, it's all good too...happened to meet a fellow baldie just a year older than me. Gonna sound cliche, but it's true...it's about how you carry yourself and what kind of person you are. As long as your head or face isn't totally messed up, a lack of hair doesn't ruin your damn life. Good god. I needed a mental reset. Did it...now I'm good.

It's all good. Confidence is good. I'm actually finding the losers waste their time trying to act like badasses on here quite amusing. I think I'm gonna get some popcorn ready next time... ;) ;)

MorningGlory

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well...decided to check and see if there was any more actual hair talk here...and find that this has turned into an argument about living alone or with parents and financial situations. Oh and more calling people losers and fools.

I had one of my best weeks in a long time, getting off of here for a while!! Discovered that my baldness is not a major issue...god most of you on here who drag bald people down are pathetic pieces of trash, literally. I actually grew out my top a little; shaved sides, doesn't look too bad. And for those who are completely bald, it's all good too...happened to meet a fellow baldie just a year older than me. Gonna sound cliche, but it's true...it's about how you carry yourself and what kind of person you are. As long as your head or face isn't totally messed up, a lack of hair doesn't ruin your damn life. Good god. I needed a mental reset. Did it...now I'm good.

It's all good. Confidence is good. I'm actually finding the losers waste their time trying to act like badasses on here quite amusing. I think I'm gonna get some popcorn ready next time... ;) ;)

To be fair, the sh*t posting can be cathartic. There’s only so much that can be said about hairloss in all seriousness. Approached logically it goes thus:

Do I have Male Pattern Baldness? If the answer is yes then the question becomes are you prepared to accept it? If the answer is yes then it’s best to leave this site as it’s filled with people who take the opposite view (which would be expected given the site’s premise).

If the answer is no then you have a limited number of proven treatments which have varying degrees of efficacy and some experimental treatments. If one intends to go the treatment route it’s best to start as soon as possible and stay the course. Really not much more to it than that.

Used in the right way this website can be a valuable source of information about hairloss. But there’s also a lot of proxy therapy, male ego, group dynamic going on - exacerbated by the average age of the regular/prolific posters being young.

whatintheworld

Reaction score

Awesome dude, good to hear :).

Emu

Established Member
Reaction score
I’d try Dr Umar in LA. He has done some remarkable work with Norwood 6 patients.

He can use body hair as well as your donor hair to give a good result.

I went to him and he a genius in this field..

He is very expensive but worth the money spent.
Good luck.

nahte42

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So I thought I'd revive this thread just to post a little bit of an update.

It's been 2 months since I shaved my head entirely, and mostly due to laziness, I haven't touched the hair on the top of my head since. I just trimmed the sides and back once or twice, but other than that, I grew it out a little.

Turns out, I still do have a decent amount of hair on top, although thin. But it doesn't look that bad. And recently I've had pretty good success with girls...one who asked to see a picture of me without a hat (we work together and always have hats on), and I was able to kind of use the lighting in the bathroom to take a decent picture. I told her my hair was thin, and she just laughed, and said I was "fine." lol. And since then it's gotten far beyond just pics of my hair...

So to those who said that "some hair is better than no hair"...well, I have to admit, there is truth to that.

I also have been using Rogaine that I bought at the store a while ago and forgot about for the past 2 months...applying it twice a day all over the top. It might be helping a little, but there's no way for me to tell for sure.

In other news, I officially saw a dermatologist about this and it was just a waste of a $25 copay...asked me about family history, told me I'm healthy and it's clearly just genetic, and told me to keep using Minoxidil if I want and laid out the option of propecia if I would decide to do that. But he told me any regrowth I would see wouldn't be much (certainly wouldn't restore everything) and I would have to weight the pros and cons.

I asked him if he thought a cure for baldness could come to fruition in the next 5 years, and he point blankly said no, he doesn't think so. Said maybe in 10-15 years something close to a cure might be possible, but even that he wasn't too optimistic about.

nahte42

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
After all the shave talk and acceptance stuff this shows a nw6 never accepts it really. Lol.

Absolutely...I don't think anyone with a problem like this ever reaches 100% acceptance. Never.

But that doesn't just go for hair either...it can be anything one is self-conscious about. I don't think anyone is ever 100% satisfied with themselves entirely...or if some people are, they are a small minority.

UberBaldaten

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've read shitposts here.

OP would you like to be my monkey to verify study at least?

Inject Dutasteride once every 3 months in scalp, none of the participants had side effects.
Regrowth significant.
Also baldness hurts you a lot. This comes from a guy who was once offered contracts to do modelling and approached by girls.
Good luck in life, but I'd hop on treatments and try to restore hair and experiment with treatments( not turn myself into a woman though).

UberBaldaten

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
So I thought I'd revive this thread just to post a little bit of an update.

It's been 2 months since I shaved my head entirely, and mostly due to laziness, I haven't touched the hair on the top of my head since. I just trimmed the sides and back once or twice, but other than that, I grew it out a little.

Turns out, I still do have a decent amount of hair on top, although thin. But it doesn't look that bad. And recently I've had pretty good success with girls...one who asked to see a picture of me without a hat (we work together and always have hats on), and I was able to kind of use the lighting in the bathroom to take a decent picture. I told her my hair was thin, and she just laughed, and said I was "fine." lol. And since then it's gotten far beyond just pics of my hair...

So to those who said that "some hair is better than no hair"...well, I have to admit, there is truth to that.

I also have been using Rogaine that I bought at the store a while ago and forgot about for the past 2 months...applying it twice a day all over the top. It might be helping a little, but there's no way for me to tell for sure.

In other news, I officially saw a dermatologist about this and it was just a waste of a $25 copay...asked me about family history, told me I'm healthy and it's clearly just genetic, and told me to keep using Minoxidil if I want and laid out the option of propecia if I would decide to do that. But he told me any regrowth I would see wouldn't be much (certainly wouldn't restore everything) and I would have to weight the pros and cons.

I asked him if he thought a cure for baldness could come to fruition in the next 5 years, and he point blankly said no, he doesn't think so. Said maybe in 10-15 years something close to a cure might be possible, but even that he wasn't too optimistic about.

Your dermatologist is a normie compared to users here.
Go check out Somebody's thread. You recently lost hair and you can restore it. If you don't want to take oral finasteride ( which is dumb), then slap it across your balding head and use dermaroller.
I started dermarolling my face along with scalp. It will make you younger ( read how to do it for face though), and there are users who used minoxidil+dermarolling and turned into fullheads. The fight is not over yet. You clearly still want to do something about it.
I won't lie to you, you won't turn into norwood 1 fullhead, but in my opinion you can restore your hair if lucky to norwood 3-4, which will give you a lot of flexibility to get a hairtransplant later on and turn you into fullhead Chad.

nahte42

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think the only way I'd inject Dutasteride into my scalp is if I saw clear pictures of pretty full regrowth online. Why does nothing believable come up with basic searches?

UberBaldaten

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think the only way I'd inject Dutasteride into my scalp is if I saw clear pictures of pretty full regrowth online. Why does nothing believable come up with basic searches?

Is this good enough considering it was done twice in 6 months ?
IJT-9-143-g001.jpg

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5596657/

nahte42

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is this good enough considering it was done twice in 6 months ?View attachment 72004

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5596657/

Not gonna deny that that's pretty impressive.

However, with me being pretty worse than the left pic, and being in a situation where I am liked by people, including girls recently (thanks to my working out and having a good body) AND with me being an "all or nothing" type of perfectionist, I still don't know that I'd do it.

Maybe. But the potential side effects (sexual and breast growth) still worry me a little.

nahte42

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just want to say, on a slightly different topic, that my self-confidence has improved so much over the past few months...totally separate from my hair situation. This was my first semester at college AWAY from home (I attended a local branch for my first 2 years). I was always shy, didn't talk much, and wasn't very confident out in public or around peers. But moving away from home, and just growing up and being an adult, along with working out and being fit and athletic, it really has improved my self-esteem and reduced my social anxiety. A year ago whenever I had to speak in public or talk in front of class, my heart would pound out of my chest, and I'd stumble over my words. It was terrible.

Now, just feeling better about myself, that doesn't happen anymore. I'm still very introverted and prefer to spend a lot of time alone focusing on my own goals, but I have no fear of being around a lot of people anymore. I can give speeches and meet anyone in any position of authority and present myself with confidence and power.

And since I posted this thread, I actually made an effort to go out and make moves on girls...and have gotten a few interested. It's true that before, I wasn't even trying. Now that I exert confidence in public, I'm more attractive. So much so that I actually dug myself into the opposite "HOLE"...having girls clinging to me that I'm really NOT that interested in. One is more of a nuisance than anything else. Be careful what you wish for. Yeah, when it comes time to reveal the entirety of my hair situation, I get a little depressed inside, but a lot of people are willing to overlook it and I just have to remember that.

Probably sound so arrogant, but basically I'm just saying that most of life is how you carry yourself and overcome things. For me, it's my hair right now...I've lost a lot at a young age and yeah it sucks. But I put in a lot of hard work to build an athletic physique, I wear clothes that make me look good, I keep some stubble or facial hair that looks pretty good, and I've become more confident and assertive socially, and people like those things and are willing to overlook flaws I have that are not my fault (hair).

And I admit I feel better with some hair vs. shaving my head. (Because when I let it grow out, I still have some). So I guess I won't touch the top of my head for the foreseeable future.

Last edited:

UberBaldaten

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not gonna deny that that's pretty impressive.

However, with me being pretty worse than the left pic, and being in a situation where I am liked by people, including girls recently (thanks to my working out and having a good body) AND with me being an "all or nothing" type of perfectionist, I still don't know that I'd do it.

Maybe. But the potential side effects (sexual and breast growth) still worry me a little.

I have jumped on finasteride when I was 19. My head has same end point like you, norwood 7 pretty much. It's diffused. I have been balding since 16. I tested my hormones before hopping and they were in middle of value. After finasteride my testosterone jumped to upper higher level.
Side effects had scared me for 2 years since I wanted to hop on it since 17. They are pretty rare and when they happen aren't permanent. I know of surgeons who use finasteride and neurosurgeons as well, I figure they would need more of their brains than we do. I suggest you try finasteride and hop on dutasteride later on and see how you respond in 6-12 months.
Finasteride has a half life of 8 hours, and 5ar regenerates every 3-7 days or so. So if your breasts start enlarging or your pecker stops working, you can get it cleared out of the system really fast and DHT will nuke the breast tissue.

You don't have much to lose and much to gain. I speculate that you can restore in best case to the pic of the man I posted with dutasteride+minoxidil+dermarolling. With such coverage, hair transplant would be a peace of cake.

I simply couldn't accept to be treated badly because of my looks and took the risk. I will do it again when I learn basic chemistry and make topical/injectable dutasteride.

Best of luck man, regardless whether you do or do not hop on treatments, keep fighting.

Follicly_challenged

My Regimen
Reaction score
I know your pain. However, i did the mistake of having a strip hair transplant when i was 21. If i could, i wouldn't do it.
So yeah, just embrace your baldness and be glad you're not one of the idiots ( like me ) that got a strip scar.