Hairloss At 21 Years Old...what To Do?

phamboy24

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have recently (1-3 months) shredded a lot of hairs but at somehow only this area on my scalp (pictures linked)
I don't know why and I am very confused!
Can someone tell me what to do?
The shredding has decreased a lot but no new hair regrow?

My hair is still growing fast is that a bad sign?

Attachments

• IMG_4986.JPG
    IMG_4986.JPG
    100.2 KB · Views: 194
  • IMG_4987.JPG
    IMG_4987.JPG
    133.2 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_4989.JPG
    IMG_4989.JPG
    66.1 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG_4990.JPG
    IMG_4990.JPG
    64.6 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_4991.JPG
    IMG_4991.JPG
    62.7 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_4992.JPG
    IMG_4992.JPG
    59.5 KB · Views: 197

MorningGlory

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have recently (1-3 months) shredded a lot of hairs but at somehow only this area on my scalp (pictures linked)
I don't know why and I am very confused!
Can someone tell me what to do?
The shredding has decreased a lot but no new hair regrow?

My hair is still growing fast is that a bad sign?

There is nothing wrong with your hair. Go and enjoy life.

phamboy24

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There must definitely be something wrong since I shredded like crazy!
My hair used to be so thick
There is white bulbs at the end of the hair, is that a huge problem?

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
@Crystalclear12 is a f*****g moron...

Yes, @JeanLucBB took risks and made a hair transplant in a very slippery situation

but he will be a fullhead at the most important years and, if finasteride will slow things down – for one or two decades

yeah better to save money for house and live there as bald looser

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
btw, OP is a naive fool, please log out and close the tab or join slybaldguys

MorningGlory

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Crystalclear12 is a f*****g moron...

Yes, @JeanLucBB took risks and made a hair transplant in a very slippery situation

but he will be a fullhead at the most important years and, if finasteride will slow things down – for one or two decades

yeah better to save money for house and live there as bald looser

Oh but @JeanLucBB intends to save for a 700-800k house and live there as a helmet haired loser.

nahte42

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well...decided to check and see if there was any more actual hair talk here...and find that this has turned into an argument about living alone or with parents and financial situations. Oh and more calling people losers and fools.

I had one of my best weeks in a long time, getting off of here for a while!! Discovered that my baldness is not a major issue...god most of you on here who drag bald people down are pathetic pieces of trash, literally. I actually grew out my top a little; shaved sides, doesn't look too bad. And for those who are completely bald, it's all good too...happened to meet a fellow baldie just a year older than me. Gonna sound cliche, but it's true...it's about how you carry yourself and what kind of person you are. As long as your head or face isn't totally messed up, a lack of hair doesn't ruin your damn life. Good god. I needed a mental reset. Did it...now I'm good.

It's all good. Confidence is good. I'm actually finding the losers waste their time trying to act like badasses on here quite amusing. I think I'm gonna get some popcorn ready next time... ;) ;)

MorningGlory

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well...decided to check and see if there was any more actual hair talk here...and find that this has turned into an argument about living alone or with parents and financial situations. Oh and more calling people losers and fools.

I had one of my best weeks in a long time, getting off of here for a while!! Discovered that my baldness is not a major issue...god most of you on here who drag bald people down are pathetic pieces of trash, literally. I actually grew out my top a little; shaved sides, doesn't look too bad. And for those who are completely bald, it's all good too...happened to meet a fellow baldie just a year older than me. Gonna sound cliche, but it's true...it's about how you carry yourself and what kind of person you are. As long as your head or face isn't totally messed up, a lack of hair doesn't ruin your damn life. Good god. I needed a mental reset. Did it...now I'm good.

It's all good. Confidence is good. I'm actually finding the losers waste their time trying to act like badasses on here quite amusing. I think I'm gonna get some popcorn ready next time... ;) ;)

To be fair, the sh*t posting can be cathartic. There’s only so much that can be said about hairloss in all seriousness. Approached logically it goes thus:

Do I have Male Pattern Baldness? If the answer is yes then the question becomes are you prepared to accept it? If the answer is yes then it’s best to leave this site as it’s filled with people who take the opposite view (which would be expected given the site’s premise).

If the answer is no then you have a limited number of proven treatments which have varying degrees of efficacy and some experimental treatments. If one intends to go the treatment route it’s best to start as soon as possible and stay the course. Really not much more to it than that.

Used in the right way this website can be a valuable source of information about hairloss. But there’s also a lot of proxy therapy, male ego, group dynamic going on - exacerbated by the average age of the regular/prolific posters being young.

whatintheworld

Reaction score

Awesome dude, good to hear :).

Emu

Established Member
Reaction score
I’d try Dr Umar in LA. He has done some remarkable work with Norwood 6 patients.

He can use body hair as well as your donor hair to give a good result.

I went to him and he a genius in this field..

He is very expensive but worth the money spent.
Good luck.

nahte42

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So I thought I'd revive this thread just to post a little bit of an update.

It's been 2 months since I shaved my head entirely, and mostly due to laziness, I haven't touched the hair on the top of my head since. I just trimmed the sides and back once or twice, but other than that, I grew it out a little.

Turns out, I still do have a decent amount of hair on top, although thin. But it doesn't look that bad. And recently I've had pretty good success with girls...one who asked to see a picture of me without a hat (we work together and always have hats on), and I was able to kind of use the lighting in the bathroom to take a decent picture. I told her my hair was thin, and she just laughed, and said I was "fine." lol. And since then it's gotten far beyond just pics of my hair...

So to those who said that "some hair is better than no hair"...well, I have to admit, there is truth to that.

I also have been using Rogaine that I bought at the store a while ago and forgot about for the past 2 months...applying it twice a day all over the top. It might be helping a little, but there's no way for me to tell for sure.

In other news, I officially saw a dermatologist about this and it was just a waste of a $25 copay...asked me about family history, told me I'm healthy and it's clearly just genetic, and told me to keep using Minoxidil if I want and laid out the option of propecia if I would decide to do that. But he told me any regrowth I would see wouldn't be much (certainly wouldn't restore everything) and I would have to weight the pros and cons.

I asked him if he thought a cure for baldness could come to fruition in the next 5 years, and he point blankly said no, he doesn't think so. Said maybe in 10-15 years something close to a cure might be possible, but even that he wasn't too optimistic about.

nahte42

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
After all the shave talk and acceptance stuff this shows a nw6 never accepts it really. Lol.

Absolutely...I don't think anyone with a problem like this ever reaches 100% acceptance. Never.

But that doesn't just go for hair either...it can be anything one is self-conscious about. I don't think anyone is ever 100% satisfied with themselves entirely...or if some people are, they are a small minority.