Hairloss At 21 Years Old...what To Do?

Stanx22

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You talk about weak minded people yet you have to be the most weak minded individual on this site? It's also funny that you talk about maturity when you've basically been threatening suicide over a Norwood 2..
I'm suicidal when i'm on my depressive episodes, i can't help it. Most would suicide if they were in my shoes. You know nothing about my life.

Established Member
Reaction score
That is such aggressive hair loss I almost think there has to be another explanation. I would go to a few docs, get some blood panels etc and try to rule out any other causes. The pattern is male pattern baldness, but the speed seems strange. I would also consider propecia just to see if it has an effect..perhaps if you inhibit the DHT something could change?

If not, I think you have to go shaved. I am unfamiliar with this but is there a way to remove all the hair such that you can't see the hairline? The contrast is what makes you look "old". If it was all off it would look fine. The other is scalp micro pigmentation, where they would basically tattoo your head so it looks like you've shaved it but have hair. I'd check that out.

Anyways, sorry you have to deal with this and seems like you are a pretty strong person overall. Ignore people leaving mean comments here, they just like to feel better about their situations.

nahte42

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm just realistic and trying to be straightforward with him. There're no emotions when it comes to truth. It's weak-minded people like you who can't face the truth, so they lie to themselves to feel better. You 90% know inside you that nothing can be done for his hair unless a cure is released, but you want to make yourself feel better even if it means to delude him. You people are nothing but selfish kids, you only care for yourselves and how you feel. I'm not old and mature enough ? When you learn to face the truth and not to run away from it like a kid who hides his sheets after he pisses himself, then talk to me about maturity.

You have a point but your technique is wrong. You told me "game over." What game? Life? Is my life over? Am totally worthless? You have no idea how to handle these things...it's OK, I was like you a few years ago too. Even when you think you're mature, you still mature more and then look back and realize you were wrong.

So do me a favor and don't post any more on my thread; you offer nothing good so don't bother.

Last edited:

nahte42

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok...a lot of different advice here...here are my thoughts:

I'm impressed at that one thread that was posted of that guy who saw a lot of hair regrowth in just a few months from being on dutasteride (and other things?). I think I would consider a topical treatment if it actually worked, but when it comes to oral medications that have potential side effects, I really would like to start avoiding that. I'm a firm believer that we are healthier the fewer drugs we are on, in general. If I'm not going to get 100% of my hair back, I'm not sure the time and attention I have to pay to taking medications and doing procedures is worth it for me personally.

I haven't looked into hair pieces at all, but that also seems time consuming and terribly annoying. I'm in college. I don't have time to worry about caring for it or getting it replaced/refreshed every 2 weeks. That's what my dad does actually. He never told me exactly how it works, but he told me every 2 weeks he has to go to get a "haircut" and they either replace it, or cut it, or change the style, etc. so it looks real and natural. But I don't have the time or commitment for that.

SMP could be an option, but I'm not sure it would restore a whole lot of my confidence. Maybe a little, but again I have to weight the pros and cons here.

As I said in my first post I can't shave my head completely with a razor because I have a small scar on the back of my head and for some reason it gets nicked all the time, even when I'm super careful, and then it bleeds like crazy. So I can only go down to a 0 (no guard) on my hair clippers, but then I still have a ring because you can see the darker hair follicles still.

When it comes to tanning products to darken my skin...I actually tried one of those too in the past, but that was a while ago when I still had more hair. It was a temporary darkener that lasted a few days but then faded/washed off. The annoying thing was applying it and then having my hands turn gold, and that crap wouldn't wash away for days. lol

Stanx22

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You have a point but your technique is wrong. You told me "game over." What game? Life? Is my life over? Am totally worthless? You have no idea how to handle these things...it's OK, I was like you a few years ago too. Even when you think you're mature, you still mature more and then look back and realize you were wrong.

So do me a favor and don't post any more on my thread; you offer nothing good so don't bother.
You can't do anything for your hair, unless you pay for a transplant. I didn't mention life.

whatintheworld

Reaction score
Don't use treatments, at this point there is no use in my opinion.

Look into a transplant for your frontal third so you can at least have some sort of hairline. So a FUE of maybe 3-4000 grafts. Of course, transplants are not to be taken lightly, but do your research. Then perhaps you can keep it buzzed, yes with a bald crown, but even a thin hairline may be helpful.

The best path would be probably acceptance at this point though.

nahte42

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't use treatments, at this point there is no use in my opinion.

Look into a transplant for your frontal third so you can at least have some sort of hairline. So a FUE of maybe 3-4000 grafts. Of course, transplants are not to be taken lightly, but do your research. Then perhaps you can keep it buzzed, yes with a bald crown, but even a thin hairline may be helpful.

The best path would be probably acceptance at this point though.

A few months ago I decided to "accept it." And thought I was gonna be fine, confidence and self-esteem wise. Felt OK for a few weeks. But now I feel like I'm going backwards because I see other bald guys who actually do look good bald and I just don't think I do. Oh well.

I don't understand why there is no cure yet. If my understanding of male pattern baldness is correct, DHT causes hair follicles to shrink and stop producing hair, but the follicles are still alive, they don't die. So why is it taking so long to figure out how to make the hair grow again?

Crystalclear12

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok...a lot of different advice here...here are my thoughts:

I'm impressed at that one thread that was posted of that guy who saw a lot of hair regrowth in just a few months from being on dutasteride (and other things?). I think I would consider a topical treatment if it actually worked, but when it comes to oral medications that have potential side effects, I really would like to start avoiding that. I'm a firm believer that we are healthier the fewer drugs we are on, in general. If I'm not going to get 100% of my hair back, I'm not sure the time and attention I have to pay to taking medications and doing procedures is worth it for me personally.

I haven't looked into hair pieces at all, but that also seems time consuming and terribly annoying. I'm in college. I don't have time to worry about caring for it or getting it replaced/refreshed every 2 weeks. That's what my dad does actually. He never told me exactly how it works, but he told me every 2 weeks he has to go to get a "haircut" and they either replace it, or cut it, or change the style, etc. so it looks real and natural. But I don't have the time or commitment for that.

SMP could be an option, but I'm not sure it would restore a whole lot of my confidence. Maybe a little, but again I have to weight the pros and cons here.

As I said in my first post I can't shave my head completely with a razor because I have a small scar on the back of my head and for some reason it gets nicked all the time, even when I'm super careful, and then it bleeds like crazy. So I can only go down to a 0 (no guard) on my hair clippers, but then I still have a ring because you can see the darker hair follicles still.

When it comes to tanning products to darken my skin...I actually tried one of those too in the past, but that was a while ago when I still had more hair. It was a temporary darkener that lasted a few days but then faded/washed off. The annoying thing was applying it and then having my hands turn gold, and that crap wouldn't wash away for days. lol
That tanning product you used was just a tanner. Look into gradual tanner/moisturizers. You just put it on every day like regular moisturizer and maintain a glow. You aren't vacation tan, but you mainatain color which is key because it makes you look healthy. I can attest to these products, trust me they make a difference I'm pale as hell without them.

whatintheworld

Reaction score
A few months ago I decided to "accept it." And thought I was gonna be fine, confidence and self-esteem wise. Felt OK for a few weeks. But now I feel like I'm going backwards because I see other bald guys who actually do look good bald and I just don't think I do. Oh well.

I don't understand why there is no cure yet. If my understanding of male pattern baldness is correct, DHT causes hair follicles to shrink and stop producing hair, but the follicles are still alive, they don't die. So why is it taking so long to figure out how to make the hair grow again?

Well, try to make the best of it a little bit more. A transplant is not necessarily a guaranteed solution, and there is no turning back after it's done. Ultimately it comes down to how you feel about yourself right now, definitely do not make any rash decisions.

You may just be in a lull, but don't let this forum bring you down. Just make the best of it for now and improve the other aspects of your life as much as possible.

Established Member
Reaction score
You should try to get more creative about this cut on your head so you can shave it for real. Have someone else shave around it? Use Nair? It will look way better totally shaven.

Agreed on the tan. Heck go to a tanning salon they aren't bad unless you are roasting yourself.

phamboy24

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's the bulb of your hair with what looks to be some excess sebum attached to it. I have it too, doesn't mean anything.

But like how can I stop it? It causes me a lot of hair loss and thinning hair

nahte42

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That tanning product you used was just a tanner. Look into gradual tanner/moisturizers. You just put it on every day like regular moisturizer and maintain a glow. You aren't vacation tan, but you mainatain color which is key because it makes you look healthy. I can attest to these products, trust me they make a difference I'm pale as hell without them.

You should try to get more creative about this cut on your head so you can shave it for real. Have someone else shave around it? Use Nair? It will look way better totally shaven.

Agreed on the tan. Heck go to a tanning salon they aren't bad unless you are roasting yourself.

Any particular recommendations? Would one of these help?
https://www.amazon.com/St-Tropez-Gr...ed3219720220232274cdd2f219afd#customerReviews
https://www.amazon.com/Fake-Bake-Sport-Self-Tanning-Lotion/dp/B00E1Y2ZFE

nahte42

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You know what, I realized something today.

My struggles with confidence and self-acceptance are a culmination of several things beyond just hair loss. The one poster who said at least I have a nicely shaped head is right. It could be a lot worse. Perhaps I'd be happier if my only issue with myself was the hair loss, but it's not.

I've had cystic acne issues for years, and in fact, as I sit here typing this, it's coming back again. I never had "severe" cystic acne, but it was definitely moderate cystic...the kind that is deep in the skin and painful. A hormonal thing...it has nothing to do with dirty pores (I take really good care of myself). I thought the two 6-month rounds of Accutane was going to fix it for good, but last month it started to come back again on my chest, shoulders, and back. Went back to the dermatologist and he just has me using a benzoyl peroxide wash and an alcohol-based topical wipe for now to see if we can avoid a 3rd round of Accutane, but so far this stuff isn't doing much. My skin in general has never been good...it's always been very white and rough, never smooth and healthy-looking.

I also am very near-sighted (distant objects are blurry) and therefore I have to wear glasses to drive and any time I need to see something more than a few feet away clearly. I absolutely hate wearing glasses...they're annoying, uncomfortable, and hurt my confidence too. And then of course I needed a pair of prescription sunglasses, so I had to drop $$$ on those. And I have to carry both my sunglasses and regular glasses everywhere and constantly change them as I go inside/outside. Transitions are douchey...I know they're an option but I just don't like them LOL. I tried contacts but could never get them in. I tried for weeks, tried so many different ways, and just couldn't do it.

And on top of that, I had a moderate overbite and a lopsided smile because I declined braces when I was younger. I finally decided to do something about that a few months ago and I'm doing Invisalign right now...I'm about 3 months into a 14-or-so-month treatment. It's going good and I got used to it, and the Invisalign technology now is really impressive so I can't wait to see how much better my teeth look next year. Once I'm done with Invisalign I will absolutely make sure to get my teeth whitened.

So, my confidence issues really stem from all of these issues combined. Having that many things wrong at the same time makes me feel really bad about myself...when I see other people who don't have any of these issues, it sucks. They can just hop right out of bed in the morning and hit the road with confidence without doing a thing.

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score

My struggles with confidence and self-acceptance are a culmination of several things beyond just hair loss. The one poster who said at least I have a nicely shaped head is right. It could be a lot worse. Perhaps I'd be happier if my only issue with myself was the hair loss, but it's not.

I've had cystic acne issues for years, and in fact, as I sit here typing this, it's coming back again. I never had "severe" cystic acne, but it was definitely moderate cystic...the kind that is deep in the skin and painful. A hormonal thing...it has nothing to do with dirty pores (I take really good care of myself). I thought the two 6-month rounds of Accutane was going to fix it for good, but last month it started to come back again on my chest, shoulders, and back. Went back to the dermatologist and he just has me using a benzoyl peroxide wash and an alcohol-based topical wipe for now to see if we can avoid a 3rd round of Accutane, but so far this stuff isn't doing much. My skin in general has never been good...it's always been very white and rough, never smooth and healthy-looking.

I also am very near-sighted (distant objects are blurry) and therefore I have to wear glasses to drive and any time I need to see something more than a few feet away clearly. I absolutely hate wearing glasses...they're annoying, uncomfortable, and hurt my confidence too. And then of course I needed a pair of prescription sunglasses, so I had to drop $$$ on those. And I have to carry both my sunglasses and regular glasses everywhere and constantly change them as I go inside/outside. Transitions are douchey...I know they're an option but I just don't like them LOL. I tried contacts but could never get them in. I tried for weeks, tried so many different ways, and just couldn't do it.

And on top of that, I had a moderate overbite and a lopsided smile because I declined braces when I was younger. I finally decided to do something about that a few months ago and I'm doing Invisalign right now...I'm about 3 months into a 14-or-so-month treatment. It's going good and I got used to it, and the Invisalign technology now is really impressive so I can't wait to see how much better my teeth look next year. Once I'm done with Invisalign I will absolutely make sure to get my teeth whitened.

So, my confidence issues really stem from all of these issues combined. Having that many things wrong at the same time makes me feel really bad about myself...when I see other people who don't have any of these issues, it sucks. They can just hop right out of bed in the morning and hit the road with confidence without doing a thing.

None of these issues mean jack sh*t except hairloss. No one cares if someone has an overbite, glasses (which by the sound of it you just need to select a better fitting pair), or acne. I will say that finasteride massively helped my long term severe back acne and mild facial acne, so I wouldn't be surprised if that works for you.

I have zero confidence in treatment working for you man. Your situation is the most aggressive I have ever seen, give up hope on that front. I would definitely strongly consider SMP or a hairpiece though. No one is going to mind a hairpiece if you get one that suits you and get it properly fitted, you'll look much better and people will be happy for you rather than hostile considering how young you are.

In my opinion your head shape isn't good for a shaved head and you will never be able to have a healthy sex life or relationships like this. It looks really horrific and just looking at you I feel deeply sad, not saying that to be offensive but people don't want to be around someone who symbolises decay and sickness like that. A tan isn't going to help and typically looks f*****g terrible.

http://www.hairestorationetwork.com/eve/187549-mens-ink-smp-shaved-effect-Norwood-6-a.html

http://www.hairestorationetwork.com/eve/187893-mens-ink-smp-shaved-effect.html

In my opinion this clinic Men's Ink does the best work, you can see the massive improvement on a NW6 like yourself so I would strongly consider this.

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score

I don't really reply much on this site due to the number of immature members but I thought I'd chime in here.

First things first, I'm assuming you've had thyroid checked and all other possibilities, additionally accutane can cause hair loss.

Assuming no other causes then you do indeed have extremely aggressive genetic hair loss. Finasteride will not grow back hair, just keep what you have and there is a possibility of sexual and non-sexual side effects. Minoxidil will thicken existing hair that has not miniaturised beyond the point of no return. Do not take oral oral minoxidil, it is a potent blood pressure drug and only used when other drugs don't work and is just not worth the risk to your health. You do get some systemic minoxidil absorption when applied topically but it's measured in nanograms vesus miligrams so 1000x less.

I won't lie to you and tell you there may be a cure in 5,10,15 years as I would not want to put your focus in life on a possible cure that may or may not happen. I've also recently fixed my teeth, it was the best thing I've ever done and wish I did it earlier. You may have lost your hair but focus on your good qualities and make the most of your life, personally and professionally.

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
So, your father despite his sufferings (he's insecure since he wears a hair prosthesis) decided to reproduce a bald child.

Therefore you have basically only a few options:
1. get on tranny treatment, there are a few threads where people got regrow from your stage under strong female hormones
2. accept your bald head, stay positive, log out and, block this site and join the slybaldguys.com squad
3. accept your bald head, enter the Impact section here, never leave it and eventually rot
4. change a social circle, rent a rug from your father or ask him about "Best wigz in town"/gentleman's hair club

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
So, your father despite his sufferings (he's insecure since he wears a hair prosthesis) decided to reproduce a bald child.

Therefore you have basically only a few options:
1. get on tranny treatment, there are a few threads where people got regrow from your stage under strong female hormones
2. accept your bald head, stay positive, log out and, block this site and join the slybaldguys.com squad
3. accept your bald head, enter the Impact section here, never leave it and eventually rot
4. change a social circle, rent a rug from your father or ask him about "Best wigz in town"/gentleman's hair club

Forgot about 5th:
Find a respectable hair transplant surgeon, arrange a consultation and maybe you will have a chance to get sparse Norwood 2.5 hairline like @WhitePolarBear did but your donor are doesn't look good from what I see. You have a retrograde alopecia on the sides as well.

FutureSaitama

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Forgot about 5th:
Find a respectable hair transplant surgeon, arrange a consultation and maybe you will have a chance to get sparse Norwood 2.5 hairline like @WhitePolarBear did but your donor are doesn't look good from what I see. You have a retrograde alopecia on the sides as well.
He will still needs to get on meds to strengthen his donor area.