Hairloss At 21 Years Old...what To Do?

nahte42

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The closest thing you can call a "cure" is Tsuji's follicle replication, you will basically have infinite donor to transplant on bald areas. Hard to tell when it will be out and how much it will cost.

Isn't that just like a hair transplant?

What about that link I shared about a new thing that regrow degenerated follicles in mice? Is that legit?

FutureSaitama

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Isn't that just like a hair transplant?

What about that link I shared about a new thing that regrow degenerated follicles in mice? Is that legit?
Most likely no, you can sh*t on a mouse and it will grow hair. Check on the internet, there are tons of treatments that worked on mice and didn't make it to the market because it didn't work on actual humans. It's important to stick to what works, document yourself about the available treatments and make the decision if its for you or not, nobody knows when we will have new treatments and how good they will be. Sadly, hair loss treatments in 2017 suck BIG DICK, but it's all that we have. I wouldn't do a hair transplant in your situation because its pretty expensive and you have an advanced norwood, most likely you won't get a satisfactory result. This is the situation.

Crystalclear12

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
There's 2 types of people on this site. The ones that will be flutters for you and the ones that tell it how it is. There's not a single product on the market that will bring your hair back to make a cosmetic difference. You might get some cotton candy regrowth but nothing worth the health risks imo. It's just time to accept it.

FutureSaitama

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There's 2 types of people on this site. The ones that will be flutters for you and the ones that tell it how it is. There's not a single product on the market that will bring your hair back to make a cosmetic difference. You might get some cotton candy regrowth but nothing worth the health risks imo. It's just time to accept it.
Well yea, but whats to lose if he tries atleast ? I mean i know it's very rare, but he may be one of those insane responders. He can try dutasteride, minoxidil and dermarolling, i've seen a dude in the "tell your story section" who got amazing regrowth on those treatments. You will never know if you never try. They are not so expensive either and it's not like you can't get a hair system after, if meds don't work .

nahte42

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Yeah but insulting and telling people "game over" is different (not you). I want to know truthful facts without feeling like I'm worthless. Lol

FutureSaitama

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah but insulting and telling people "game over" is different. I want to know truthful facts without feeling like I'm worthless. Lol
It's BAD, I won't sugarcoat it. But, I would still give it a try.. It's your call mate.

Crystalclear12

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah but insulting and telling people "game over" is different (not you). I want to know truthful facts without feeling like I'm worthless. Lol
In my opinion and if I were you, it's not worth the health risks to take finasteride, or the leg work to take minoxidil to maybe get some slight fluff back, but still look advanced balding. Just shave it and try some gradual tanner lotions no homo. They're healthy and make you look like way better because they give a natural looking glow

Crystalclear12

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Also do a few cycles of steroids and get albsolutely jacked, whiten your teeth, get some tattoos. Everyone might sh*t on my for saying these things but I'm being real, these things will improve your life and appearance, not the shitty hairloss treatment we have

FutureSaitama

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Also do a few cycles of steroids and get albsolutely jacked, whiten your teeth, get some tattoos. Everyone might sh*t on my for saying these things but I'm being real, these things will improve your life and appearance, not the shitty hairloss treatment we have
Dude, you're telling him to not risk taking finasteride which is a relatively safe drug and after that you tell him to do steroids ? wtf ?

Crystalclear12

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude, you're telling him to not risk taking finasteride which is a relatively safe drug and after that you tell him to do steroids ? wtf ?
I told him not to do finasteride because its risky and he won't see a consmetic result. The risk isn't worth the reward in his case. And I wouldn't tell someone to do something I haven't done myself. I'm on fina and I've done steroids. This forum is for various opinions. Steroids are my plan B if I go as bald as this kid. Despite everyone saying "being jacked won't do anything for ur looks" well I know what it's like to be the biggest dude at the BBQ and you're wrong lol.

Jack Ito

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I honestly didn't expect replies like that when I came across this site. I expected kind and encouraging posts. Telling me "game over?" What game is over? Why are they allowed to post such insulting messages? They should be banned.

I've read all about smp, and a hair piece isn't really an option because it would be high maintenance plus everyone would know when I do it.

Do you think there is anything strange beyond normal hair loss going on? I've never understood why the hair by my sideburns is so patchy and there seem to be little areas where there is no hair at all. And the hair near my sideburns is thicker and even darker than the hair on the back, despite being the same length. It wasn't always like that. Just in the last few years.

That's because you happened to fall upon the small minority of bellends that always seem to surface before anybody else on this site. They never have anything relevant nor intelligent to say. They're extremely bitter and nasty towards basically everybody because of their own hair loss. They're easily identifiable as you can probably tell, steer clear of them.

As for your patchy hair it could be alopecia totalis. This is characterised by patchy hair loss which can sometimes effect all the hair on your body. I doubt it though, it's likely just an aggressive form of male pattern baldness that you've been badly handed during the genetic lottery.

Personally buddy, I'd look into SMP. I know it's not the answer you were probably looking for but as of now it's your only realistic option. I've seen many individuals appearances be transformed for the better because of this procedure. You also have a nice head shape which your fortunate for, some people get very unlucky and inherit both sh*t hair and a sh*t head. You could easily pull off SMP and even if you chose to follow this route.. you'd still be eligible for transplants and other procedures that might arise within the coming years. I know you commented on your complexion earlier on but how does your skin react to sun? Do you go brown or burn.. try and add some colour to your skin, maybe look into getting some tattoo's as well to add that colour back to your body that hair loss has deprived you of.

phamboy24

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So, recently I started losing hair, sometimes a lot of hairs fall off and sometimes few hairs, but what all the lost hair have in common is something at the end of the root. Honestly, I don't know what it is and I am very scared. I am only 18 and baldness now is not something I wish for. I have looked on the internet and there is something called telogen effluvium, I was wondering if it could be it? Btw i am not losing hair a certain place at my scalp but more overall

upload_2017-10-2_20-1-7.png

upload_2017-10-2_20-1-21.png
upload_2017-10-2_20-1-7.png
upload_2017-10-2_20-1-21.png

Help pls!

Jack Ito

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So, recently I started losing hair, sometimes a lot of hairs fall off and sometimes few hairs, but what all the lost hair have in common is something at the end of the root. Honestly, I don't know what it is and I am very scared. I am only 18 and baldness now is not something I wish for. I have looked on the internet and there is something called telogen effluvium, I was wondering if it could be it? Btw i am not losing hair a certain place at my scalp but more overall

View attachment 65230
View attachment 65231View attachment 65230 View attachment 65231

Help pls!

That's the bulb of your hair with what looks to be some excess sebum attached to it. I have it too, doesn't mean anything.

PappinAce

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

well except for transplants. but that's an individual decision if it's worth investing thousands of dollars to go from looking bald to looking balding.

Mr. Prince

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
GET ON TREATMENTS ASAP. GO GET IT RIGHT NOW. NO BUTS AND IFS. RIGHT NOW.

You're looking for dutasteride (Much stronger than finasteride) and minoxidil. Don't listen to what anyone tells you. Sure, treatment might not have a significant affect but the possibility that the results might be amazing alone makes it worth it.

Don't listen to @Stanx22. He's in his edgy teenage phase and frankly I think the mods should temporarily ban him until he's old enough to understand the hardships of life and until he learns to empathize.

FutureSaitama

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

You're looking for dutasteride (Much stronger than finasteride) and minoxidil. Don't listen to what anyone tells you. Sure, treatment might not have a significant affect but the possibility that the results might be amazing alone makes it worth it.

Don't listen to @Stanx22. He's in his edgy teenage phase and frankly I think the mods should temporarily ban him until he's old enough to understand the hardships of life and until he learns to empathize.
Ah i remember my teenage edgy phase, good times ! I had long, slimery locks.. i miss my edgy phase and my locks :sob: :sob:

Stanx22

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

I'm just realistic and trying to be straightforward with him. There're no emotions when it comes to truth. It's weak-minded people like you who can't face the truth, so they lie to themselves to feel better. You 90% know inside you that nothing can be done for his hair unless a cure is released, but you want to make yourself feel better even if it means to delude him. You people are nothing but selfish kids, you only care for yourselves and how you feel. I'm not old and mature enough ? When you learn to face the truth and not to run away from it like a kid who hides his sheets after he pisses himself, then talk to me about maturity.

Jack Ito

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm just realistic and trying to be straightforward with him. There're no emotions when it comes to truth. It's weak-minded people like you who can't face the truth, so they lie to themselves to feel better. You 90% know inside you that nothing can be done for his hair unless a cure is released, but you want to make yourself feel better even if it means to delude him. You people are nothing but selfish kids, you only care for yourselves and how you feel. I'm not old and mature enough ? When you learn to face the truth and not to run away from it like a kid who hides his sheets after he pisses himself, then talk to me about maturity.

You talk about weak minded people yet you have to be the most weak minded individual on this site? It's also funny that you talk about maturity when you've basically been threatening suicide over a Norwood 2..