Hairline Question On New System Pics Of New Vs. Old

David1776

My Regimen
Reaction score
AlI just put on a new system. It’s 3 fingers above eyebrows. My previous system was 4 fingers above brow. Looking for feedback. My wife says this one looks good l, but I think it’s too low. Just want to see what everyone else thinks.

Thanks
F666EC1B-D274-472D-924B-A881DC1FECCB.jpeg
7484F1A7-CC63-4B66-A129-90585B7D98A6.jpeg

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
AlI just put on a new system. It’s 3 fingers above eyebrows. My previous system was 4 fingers above brow. Looking for feedback. My wife says this one looks good l, but I think it’s too low. Just want to see what everyone else thinks.

Thanks View attachment 143041View attachment 143042
Not too low. Density at the very front central area looks too diffuse. Anyway to make it look slightly thicker?

Braf

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not too low. Density at the very front central area looks too diffuse. Anyway to make it look slightly thicker?

You are inaccurate on your assumption.

His temples are receded very much. You must match all areas of your system to your current degree of alopecia/hair status

I would say your current unit is very realistic. Coloring looks off. I would strongly recommended ordering a blonde unit next time and doing your own cut in.

Take the cut in to a a womens salon who also does mens hair and ahve them dye your hair/and the unit to medium brown. Then style it to your liking.

Also try french lace/swiss lace as a backup to see if you like them better. never stop experimenting

ChromeyFirefox

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A few things to say here

1. Your camera is in focus in the second picture. Not your hair.
  2. You've done really well on your specs here. The sparse looking front and hairline shape matches your temples nicely
  3. I think I can see the base quite well in the first picture.
  4. I agree with braf about trying a different type of lace base, but up to you

David1776

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks Braf. I have a Swiss Lace unit on the way and have 2 units like in the picture on hand. On the color are you thinking it’s too dark? Also, do you think an unexposed hairline would be better with my current system?

David1776

My Regimen
Reaction score
A few things to say here

1. Your camera is in focus in the second picture. Not your hair.
  2. You've done really well on your specs here. The sparse looking front and hairline shape matches your temples nicely
  3. I think I can see the base quite well in the first picture.
  4. I agree with braf about trying a different type of lace base, but up to you
Thanks for your help!

David1776

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks. These units seem sparse in front middle, but not graduated, if that makes sense. Other than venting in more hair, I don’t know if anything else can be done. I don’t want to go too thick in front, but it seems like the dark hair at hairline is a giveaway and I’m self conscious of this area.

Braf

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks Braf. I have a Swiss Lace unit on the way and have 2 units like in the picture on hand. On the color are you thinking it’s too dark? Also, do you think an unexposed hairline would be better with my current system?

Color looks almost spot on.

Thing is. There is a new wave of hair system standards coming.

A priority is to dye your own hair the same time as dying the system. Or seperately.

Also making sure your knots are bleached.

You need to flatten out your hairline just a tad on your next unit. Its too receded by half an inch is my guess

AxC123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
to answer your question, I think the placement isn't too low, in fact higher up as you had before would look too high in my opinion. Density OK, Side Pics would help to see if color and grey percentage are a match.

what others are trying to say ( I think) is that the knots may be showing in a low density with dark hair...rational for blonde piece, then dye, but that has its own set of issues... dyed solid color can also be a give away.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
You are inaccurate on your assumption.

His temples are receded very much. You must match all areas of your system to your current degree of alopecia/hair status

I would say your current unit is very realistic. Coloring looks off. I would strongly recommended ordering a blonde unit next time and doing your own cut in.

Take the cut in to a a womens salon who also does mens hair and ahve them dye your hair/and the unit to medium brown. Then style it to your liking.

Also try french lace/swiss lace as a backup to see if you like them better. never stop experimenting
I don't think it would still look unrealistic if he had slightly more density there but as long as he is happy with it that is all that matters. I won't argue with your assessment as I don't know much about hair systems other than what I have read on here. Your system looks good. So you think his placement is too low?

firewatch9999

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think it would still look unrealistic if he had slightly more density there but as long as he is happy with it that is all that matters. I won't argue with your assessment as I don't know much about hair systems other than what I have read on here. Your system looks good. So you think his placement is too low?

I agree I think the density at the hairline is a bit too low.

Diesel guy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Density is a big deal for me, and I still struggle to get the density where I want it on cut ins. Overall I think your density good. A bit thinner on the front is not an unrealistic look - but be careful not to go too thin - units shed a bit with age. If you think it is on at the very front, move your part over left or right a bit - it can camouflage an irregularities, and a slight change won't require you to get a haircut.

Color is good. I can see a slight color difference but a bit a very light 'once over' with the thinning sheers could lessen that. But if you didn't make any changes at all - I think your just fine.

Bleach your knots- every time. It makes a good hair system like yours look great! If you look at most Caucasian men, where the hair comes out of the scalp - the hair is slightly lighter in color at the base of the strand. Bleaching your knots will help 'soften' the hair line. On thinner systems like mine, it blends in better with my base and just gives an overall more natural look.

When you order your hair, do you have them blend in gray hair?

Last edited:

David1776

My Regimen
Reaction score
Diesel guy, thanks for the feedback. Currently, I’ve been ordering stock systems with no gray, because I haven’t been able to find anyone with 5% gray on the shelf. I’ve had 2 custom systems on order since January and supplier still has no idea when I’ll get them. I did purchase some synthetic gray hair to vent in, but haven’t tried it yet.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Diesel guy, thanks for the feedback. Currently, I’ve been ordering stock systems with no gray, because I haven’t been able to find anyone with 5% gray on the shelf. I’ve had 2 custom systems on order since January and supplier still has no idea when I’ll get them. I did purchase some synthetic gray hair to vent in, but haven’t tried it yet.

There is no huge difference between 5% and 10% grey, go for the 10%.

Diesel guy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I prefer synthetic gray. The salon made what I guess what a logical assumption - and 'upgraded' me from synthetic gray to natural gray - and I hated it. at 40% gray, I noticed a difference in the overall feel and stylelability of my hair and most importantly looks. My hair is med-dark brown and with the natural gray - the contrast between the brown and natural gray was a bit more subtle - it had a bit of an ashy hue to the overall look. And also, when light hit it - it looked like I had sparklers in my hair.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
I prefer synthetic gray. The salon made what I guess what a logical assumption - and 'upgraded' me from synthetic gray to natural gray - and I hated it. at 40% gray, I noticed a difference in the overall feel and stylelability of my hair and most importantly looks. My hair is med-dark brown and with the natural gray - the contrast between the brown and natural gray was a bit more subtle - it had a bit of an ashy hue to the overall look. And also, when light hit it - it looked like I had sparklers in my hair.

Wow, how odd. We NEVER use human gray!

Diesel guy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow, how odd. We NEVER use human gray!

Overall I like my salon - they do a good job and work really hard to make sure I am satisfied. That being said, I still have my guard up and verify and question things along the line. Like everything else in life, we tend to hear about the bad - and lump the players in the industry in one bucket.

Why do you NEVER use human gray? I admit I don't know what the industry standard is for the use of Gray hair - but it seemed reasonable when we discussed it - and I didn't question it any further.