HairClone will be available in some UK Clinics in "early 2022" - Paul Kemp, HairClone CEO

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I usually dont like to post off-topic since its quite annoying for other members who await actual news or opinions on the topic itself, but:

I am not saying appearance is not important. Its still a fact that a lot of members here have mental problems to a certain degree.
They are saying I am not getting this or that woman and Ill tell you they wont be getting this or that woman with a NW0 either, because theyll find more problems.

We can all agree appearance matters, but we should not talk about that here. We should talk about the newest science related to hair loss.
of course not:D it is obvious 0 they need height, beauty and big dick:)

overforus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I got a few very answers from their chief scientist! She seems to be quite a nice person who actually cares about baldies. Here are the most important questions and answers.

Q: May I ask you a question? Did you guys gather any evidence so far that the treatment actually works on humans? As I guess similar methods like Intercytex had mediocre results in humans. However, I think what you are trying to do is to do 3d culturing such that the cells do not lose their inductive properties, i.e. can be used for hair rejunevation.

A:
Thank you, I really think what we’re doing could really help. There is evidence in mice and in humans that this works. Mouse work is not really great because human hairs are quite different but the work Aderans research did showed some good effects. The CEO of Intercytex is the CEO of HairClone. I am quite new to the business world, but it takes more than just good science to be successful. Back in 2003(ish) they were trying to grow new hairs. They did not show many new hairs but showed thickening of the hairs that are starting to become thinner. Because this was not their primary end point, it was not deemed a success. The difference now is that we are targeting hairs undergoing thinning, not trying to make brand new hairs. A clinical trial can succeed or fail based purely on patient selection. We will be much more informed on who to select going forward and therefore much more likely to show it works. The ones that are still actively miniaturising are what we are targeting. Those ones become thicker. In the trials that went on, they chose people with bald patches mainly. We believe our therapy will help those that have just started to thin restore and retain thick hair. It’s fascinating to see things from the business side too. I thought “why would they drop this approach if it is showing success?” And the answer is a) it didn’t show much NEW hair growth, which is what they were aiming for and b) the company was bought by a company who made a lot of money from wigs and hair transplants (Bosely). Research is expensive so they dropped it.
It is difficult to get funding to do this work because it is considered cosmetic. And I have had messages saying I should do something more important like cancer research or heart research. Funnily enough, I spent 10 years doing cancer research and feel like I have a better chance of actually improving peoples’ lives doing what I am now. I also get a lot of messages from people who are depressed and have low self esteem because of hair loss. It’s a large part of a person’s identity. I can very much relate.

Q: okay a question I've always asked myself is pretty much (not directly related to your company though): Do you think that hair follicles just go dormant or they actually "die"? I think I have seen a few cases on transgender women who have regained a lot of their hair after years of baldness.

A: Hair follicles seem to keep getting thinner and thinner until they just don’t have the capacity to generate a hair anymore. So i believe there is a residual follicle there, it just doesn’t have the capacity to do anything.
Transgender women are the only people who can get hair transplants on the NHS. For the very reason that it is so fundamental to a person’s identity

Q:
I see! Wow I am actually very impressed by how much you care. I do not know if you are aware of this but there are a few blogs dedicated to hair loss which wrote about your company (folliclethought/hairlosscure2020).

A:
I’m very motivated by the thought of helping improve so many peoples’ lives. It bothered me that cancer research is all about extending life (because it’s a definitive measurement) when really quality of life is extremely important too
Follicle thought is excellent. Our CEO talks to Joe quite often to give him updates

Q: There was quite a hype when the Ceo announced that you would start treating patients early 2022 in UK only, but obviously there was a little bit of scepticism, because there weren't any new treatments since rogaine/finasteride were approved 20+ years ago, and there was a lot of straight up charlatanism in the next decade. I suppose people tried to monetarize on people's fears too much, this is why I think there is some scepticism on a treatment which did not show efficacy on humans yet.

A:
It’s horrible how many people just lie and say they will be able to treat people soon when really it’s years away. Unfortunately, Covid got in the way of us validating our cell growing method in the manufacturing facility, which was due to begin July. Once validated, we can start to test in people in the UK. I do not blame people who are sceptical when so much has been promised. The issues lie in funding the test treatments, but once efficacy has been shown, I have no doubt things will take off. We need to work to make the process more efficient and less costly.

Q: Yeah people are super sceptical for sure, but I guess when the results are there they are there, right.

A: Yes, we just need to convince people with money to pay for the experiments to show that it works! That’s the barrier

Q: yeah, I mean this probably depends on the price right? I wouldn't spend 10k too if I don't know if it works, but I guess people waste thousands of bucks for prp, so why not give it a try at least?

A: Well, to begin with, we need to test on people so it’ll be free to them, but the money needs to come from investment somewhere! Then if it’s successful, we can charge and go from there.

Q: I really think things start to look promising! There are many companies and angles this problem is tackled from. I cheer for you guys (and Kintor, hope they manage to create an antiandrogen without side effects)

A:
I wonder whether finasteride injections could provide that. That would be great! There are shampoos that claim to block DHT but they do not. There is so much false information out there when it comes to hair loss. Quite horrible.

Last edited:

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
I usually dont like to post off-topic since its quite annoying for other members who await actual news or opinions on the topic itself, but:

I am not saying appearance is not important. Its still a fact that a lot of members here have mental problems to a certain degree.
They are saying I am not getting this or that woman and Ill tell you they wont be getting this or that woman with a NW0 either, because theyll find more problems.

We can all agree appearance matters, but we should not talk about that here. We should talk about the newest science related to hair loss.
More often then not, the people complaining about individual flaws preventing them from making connections or meeting people are using those flaws as a crutch for the overall failure or inability to try or accomplish things. It's easier to play the victim and pretend like something is preventing you then try and deal with potential failures/rejections.

I'm here because I want to keep my hair, but I've long said & believed that hairloss is only a problem if you allow it to be.

surfer9

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not sure about all the above, at least in my case. I don't ask woman after woman out, but I have asked ladies out (not strangers, but people I have got to know or known from the past) and I get rejected each time. I don't feel I am going for women who are out of my league either. I am in my mid 30's, so are they. Being single in your mid 30's is already a tough situation as it is hard to meet other single people. So getting rejected by other mid 30's women is a little confusing when you know they have been single for years and then they continue to be single years after they rejected you....

Maybe these women have always had high standards and this is why they are still single and why they rejected me. I don't know.

I am a pretty normal guy who owns a house. My downfall is I started losing my hair at 16 and was NW6 by age 26. When I had all/most my hair it was women/girls who came to me to ask me out.

If you are receding in your late 20's women don't seem to care so much, but if you are NW6 it's a different matter. Some of the NW6 guys who are in their late 20's will luck into finding someone who doesn't care about it, whereas other NW6 guys just have to lower their standards dramatically and just accept what they can get. Others like me, we don't want to accept an overweight 4/10 woman, even though that's probably the reality awaiting us. And like I said - the women that have rejected me and are still single, they aren't willing to accept lowering their standard to the bald guy that showed an interest in them.

Just imagine starting to lose hair at 16, when you are still a kid. And imagine being NW6 at age 26. Going out clubbing rocking your NW6 going after the ladies.

Last edited:

Ralph Wiggum

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I got a few very answers from their chief scientist! She seems to be quite a nice person who actually cares about baldies. Here are the most important questions and answers.

Q: May I ask you a question? Did you guys gather any evidence so far that the treatment actually works on humans? As I guess similar methods like Intercytex had mediocre results in humans. However, I think what you are trying to do is to do 3d culturing such that the cells do not lose their inductive properties, i.e. can be used for hair rejunevation.

A:
Thank you, I really think what we’re doing could really help. There is evidence in mice and in humans that this works. Mouse work is not really great because human hairs are quite different but the work Aderans research did showed some good effects. The CEO of Intercytex is the CEO of HairClone. I am quite new to the business world, but it takes more than just good science to be successful. Back in 2003(ish) they were trying to grow new hairs. They did not show many new hairs but showed thickening of the hairs that are starting to become thinner. Because this was not their primary end point, it was not deemed a success. The difference now is that we are targeting hairs undergoing thinning, not trying to make brand new hairs. A clinical trial can succeed or fail based purely on patient selection. We will be much more informed on who to select going forward and therefore much more likely to show it works. The ones that are still actively miniaturising are what we are targeting. Those ones become thicker. In the trials that went on, they chose people with bald patches mainly. We believe our therapy will help those that have just started to thin restore and retain thick hair. It’s fascinating to see things from the business side too. I thought “why would they drop this approach if it is showing success?” And the answer is a) it didn’t show much NEW hair growth, which is what they were aiming for and b) the company was bought by a company who made a lot of money from wigs and hair transplants (Bosely). Research is expensive so they dropped it.
It is difficult to get funding to do this work because it is considered cosmetic. And I have had messages saying I should do something more important like cancer research or heart research. Funnily enough, I spent 10 years doing cancer research and feel like I have a better chance of actually improving peoples’ lives doing what I am now. I also get a lot of messages from people who are depressed and have low self esteem because of hair loss. It’s a large part of a person’s identity. I can very much relate.

Q: okay a question I've always asked myself is pretty much (not directly related to your company though): Do you think that hair follicles just go dormant or they actually "die"? I think I have seen a few cases on transgender women who have regained a lot of their hair after years of baldness.

A: Hair follicles seem to keep getting thinner and thinner until they just don’t have the capacity to generate a hair anymore. So i believe there is a residual follicle there, it just doesn’t have the capacity to do anything.
Transgender women are the only people who can get hair transplants on the NHS. For the very reason that it is so fundamental to a person’s identity

Q:
I see! Wow I am actually very impressed by how much you care. I do not know if you are aware of this but there are a few blogs dedicated to hair loss which wrote about your company (folliclethought/hairlosscure2020).

A:
I’m very motivated by the thought of helping improve so many peoples’ lives. It bothered me that cancer research is all about extending life (because it’s a definitive measurement) when really quality of life is extremely important too
Follicle thought is excellent. Our CEO talks to Joe quite often to give him updates

Q: There was quite a hype when the Ceo announced that you would start treating patients early 2022 in UK only, but obviously there was a little bit of scepticism, because there weren't any new treatments since rogaine/finasteride were approved 20+ years ago, and there was a lot of straight up charlatanism in the next decade. I suppose people tried to monetarize on people's fears too much, this is why I think there is some scepticism on a treatment which did not show efficacy on humans yet.

A:
It’s horrible how many people just lie and say they will be able to treat people soon when really it’s years away. Unfortunately, Covid got in the way of us validating our cell growing method in the manufacturing facility, which was due to begin July. Once validated, we can start to test in people in the UK. I do not blame people who are sceptical when so much has been promised. The issues lie in funding the test treatments, but once efficacy has been shown, I have no doubt things will take off. We need to work to make the process more efficient and less costly.

Q: Yeah people are super sceptical for sure, but I guess when the results are there they are there, right.

A: Yes, we just need to convince people with money to pay for the experiments to show that it works! That’s the barrier

Q: yeah, I mean this probably depends on the price right? I wouldn't spend 10k too if I don't know if it works, but I guess people waste thousands of bucks for prp, so why not give it a try at least?

A: Well, to begin with, we need to test on people so it’ll be free to them, but the money needs to come from investment somewhere! Then if it’s successful, we can charge and go from there.

Q: I really think things start to look promising! There are many companies and angles this problem is tackled from. I cheer for you guys (and Kintor, hope they manage to create an antiandrogen without side effects)

A:
I wonder whether finasteride injections could provide that. That would be great! There are shampoos that claim to block DHT but they do not. There is so much false information out there when it comes to hair loss. Quite horrible.
Nice work.

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not sure about all the above, at least in my case. I don't ask woman after woman out, but I have asked ladies out (not strangers, but people I have got to know or known from the past) and I get rejected each time. I don't feel I am going for women who are out of my league either. I am in my mid 30's, so are they. Being single in your mid 30's is already a tough situation as it is hard to meet other single people. So getting rejected by other mid 30's women is a little confusing when you know they have been single for years and then they continue to be single years after they rejected you....

Maybe these women have always had high standards and this is why they are still single and why they rejected me. I don't know.

I am a pretty normal guy who owns a house. My downfall is I started losing my hair at 16 and was NW6 by age 26. When I had all/most my hair it was women/girls who came to me to ask me out.

If you are receding in your late 20's women don't seem to care so much, but if you are NW6 it's a different matter. Some of the NW6 guys who are in their late 20's will luck into finding someone who doesn't care about it, whereas other NW6 guys just have to lower their standards dramatically and just accept what they can get. Others like me, we don't want to accept an overweight 4/10 woman, even though that's probably the reality awaiting us. And like I said - the women that have rejected me and are still single, they aren't willing to accept lowering their standard to the bald guy that showed an interest in them.

Just imagine starting to lose hair at 16, when you are still a kid. And imagine being NW6 at age 26. Going out clubbing rocking your NW6 going after the ladies.

women in their mid to late 30s are generally difficult, so you are not alone

jan_miezda

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

A:

Q:

A:

A:

A:
Her first answer says it all… they don’t even know if it works

LouisSarkozy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

A:

Q:

A:

A:

A:
thanks for takin of your personal time to ask her but basically what can we expect in 2022 ? seems like she doesn't even know herself .... wtf . would we be able to walk as a ranom client in one of those clinic to get the injection or do we need to be elegible to enrol in some sort of clinical trial thy're going to conduct it's vague

are they really offering something to the public in 2022 or is it just a " private " clinical trial?

Last edited:

Guru0007

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
More often then not, the people complaining about individual flaws preventing them from making connections or meeting people are using those flaws as a crutch for the overall failure or inability to try or accomplish things. It's easier to play the victim and pretend like something is preventing you then try and deal with potential failures/rejections.

I'm here because I want to keep my hair, but I've long said & believed that hairloss is only a problem if you allow it to be.
How is ur hair bro... Is it still thinning and itchy?. I'm facing similar effects on finasterise

overforus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
thanks for takin of your personal time to ask her but basically what can we expect in 2022 ? seems like she doesn't even know herself .... wtf . would we be able to walk as a ranom client in one of those clinic to get the injection or do we need to be elegible to enrol in some sort of clinical trial thy're going to conduct it's vague

are they really offering something to the public in 2022 or is it just a " private " clinical trial?
yeah I agree.. will ask her again at some point

overforus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
there you go:

Q: hey hey I am sorry to ask you again, but I am still a bit confused if it is theoretically possible for a random person (let's say, me) to come to England in 2022 to pay and get the treatment? As it was announced by these blogs, or does that just mean you start doing private trials on some people?

A:
It’s unclear at the moment how people will be treated because it is illegal to advertise the treatment until officially approved. So we need to test on people who actively seek us out through our clinical partners most likely or trichologists. There will be criteria (like early stage hair loss and probably below 45 or something).

Once we (hopefully!) show it works, people can visit their trichologist/hair transplant surgeon who can prescribe our service as an unlicensed, experimental approach. Then we have to do clinical trials by recruiting people from around the world, which will lead to full approval and licence to market the treatment. That is the point where it would be more widely available, which is years away, BUT the aim is to start treating people next year.

Sanchez1234

Experienced Member
Reaction score

A:

Q:

A:

A:

A:
Great work.

So they are using their old research not to grow new hairs but to improve current ones. Which is great. Wonder if sideless maintance is on the table here.

Roeysdomi

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
there you go:

Q: hey hey I am sorry to ask you again, but I am still a bit confused if it is theoretically possible for a random person (let's say, me) to come to England in 2022 to pay and get the treatment? As it was announced by these blogs, or does that just mean you start doing private trials on some people?

A:
It’s unclear at the moment how people will be treated because it is illegal to advertise the treatment until officially approved. So we need to test on people who actively seek us out through our clinical partners most likely or trichologists. There will be criteria (like early stage hair loss and probably below 45 or something).

Once we (hopefully!) show it works, people can visit their trichologist/hair transplant surgeon who can prescribe our service as an unlicensed, experimental approach. Then we have to do clinical trials by recruiting people from around the world, which will lead to full approval and licence to market the treatment. That is the point where it would be more widely available, which is years away, BUT the aim is to start treating people next year.
I really hope its works. Repair/adding the DP cells, is one if the best approuch to treat ppl with hair loss before getting to extreme treatment like hair cloning

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

everyone knows that the appearance is the most important, it is no longer about looking for a partner, but about your everyday well-being

Ralph Wiggum

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
there you go:

A:

Damn buddy, well done.

Hair_Gods_Don't_Like_Test

My Regimen
Reaction score

DO you go to the gym? Are you not confident in your approach to women related to hair loss?

What about temporary SMP?

If you have some financial freedom, you alluded to owning your own house, why don't you go after younger females who have a higher chance to reproduce? Say late 20s?

What about co-ed things/ Yoga, swing dancing, etc?

Bars are vanity driven.