Hair transplant scar in Captain America!

DannyBoyy

Reaction score
And this is the guy who will probably tell you to shave it all off like a real man like he did!

Like Joe Rogan is kind of doing now.

Bashing hair transplants and giving lessons to young bald men because he was insecure and went for a barbaric procedure in a time when it was a stupid idea.

It's still a stupid idea to go for FUT now by the way. Where are all the FUT defenders now? You can't deny it's disfiguring.

I worried alot as a teen when my hairloss started but now i would say to shave also, i wouldnt cause its not my choice or life etc, but still people change, then again i never really cared for my hair i just worried i would be dissed.

Saurabhaj

Reaction score
This one...right?? uyrrrrrrr.jpg

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
Yes exactly, thanks for the screengrab!

IA2015

Established Member
Reaction score
People need to quit it with the Billy Zane nonsense - the guy wasn't big and wouldn't have became big anyway. He still gets parts, he has just reached his level.

Also why is FUT so popular in the U.S. I mean really? You would imagine they would be world leaders in FUE but they so aren't.

shookwun

Reaction score
People need to quit it with the Billy Zane nonsense - the guy wasn't big and wouldn't have became big anyway. He still gets parts, he has just reached his level.

Also why is FUT so popular in the U.S. I mean really? You would imagine they would be world leaders in FUE but they so aren't.

50% cheaper.

FUT usual runs 4-4.50 a graft

FUE around 8-9.00 a graft

Invasive approach bUT it wi never be abolished. Fue cannot harvest enough grafts to do a whole scalp especially advanced norwood Cases. Both methods would be used.

The healing time frame sucks, not to mention shockloss. Its painful as **** to get the stiches removed. Very uncomfortable, wouldn't recommend fut to anyone unless they are advanced Norwood and need both methods. Anything under 3000 grafts should be done through fue. Anything over and risk thinning the donor area.

shookwun

Reaction score
That's your choice but for most they want to make the most with what they have available. That's where both methods together come in hand to achieve a more desirable and fuller result.

I think fut is stupid as hell though if you're getting g anything under 2000 grafts. I don't recommend it unless used as a last resort to provide more density and coverage. For most 3000 fue grafts available is enough for decent coverage.

shookwun

Reaction score
I don't regret getting a fut but at the same time I wouldn't recommend it unless absolutely nessesary.Are you clueless or what? Nobody wants a thin bird best of hair. A NW3 requires 2000-2500 to even replicate comparable density to native surroundings. Even then it's a illusion. Now if we're talking nw4-6 we are talking 4000-6000 grata which fue by itself cannot yield.

Again, not everybody is in your shoes where your donor availability is on the verge of 1000 grafts remaining. Hence the amount of grafts you had done. That's your situation made with the most potential, but isn't the same for everyone else. Most would like to achieve the best they can get and that wI'll involve different approaches.

I can cut my hair to a #2 grade. Sure I'd rather not have to go through with fut but what'd done is done and I will put 200-250 grafts in the scar and finally be able to go down to a #1

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
Average density is between 4-6k. Then you have to take into account hair diameter too. It all makes a big difference. I saw a Norwood 6 transplant but he had 10k grafts and thick hair. Pretty much got good hair back.

Isaac Newton

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Average density is between 4-6k. Then you have to take into account hair diameter too. It all makes a big difference. I saw a Norwood 6 transplant but he had 10k grafts and thick hair. Pretty much got good hair back.
Link link link savior of princess zelda

Link me to it lol

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
Link link link savior of princess zelda

Link me to it lol

Lol. I know someone on here likes to insult me for posting aesthetic transplants, but this was actually shared by a user called CueBald.

I think it was this one IIRC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOhOiWci4MA

This is why I know the average male pattern baldness guy with typical slow pattern, low Norwood genetics, on finasteride and uses transplants (4-6 graft) will never go bald.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
On this forum some people are afraid of all things or believe in all sorts of things. Scared of Nizoral, finasteride, minoxidil, transplants, scared of life in general.

Not in real life. I know quite a few now on it. Even spoken to surgeons on it for years. For your average male pattern baldness guy, baldness is not a big deal. Shookwun represents your typical patient utilising it all.

You're right in the sense that many don't use finasteride but that's also the same for minoxidil. These people tend to accept their very slow pattern or have a transplant. Transplant is now the popular option in the UK. They will end up supplementing with finasteride in the end

Pieces are also quite common, so generally you don't see many pretty bald guys. Although that may be to do with 85% not having advanced male pattern baldness as well.

xetudor

Established Member
Reaction score
Except a lot of men are scared of using finasteride, so it's an ideal situation again.
Women take birth control that are a known carcinogen and have other proven nasty side effects. They go pregnant which has a ton of risks for her and her baby.

I am extremely surprised by the fact that some people cry how hair loss has damaged their life yet are so afraid of a safe medication. How do they drive a car? This weekend a saw I fatal accident, covered bodies on the ground and totaled cars. Do I still drive? Hell yeah. Some people refuse a medication that can improve their lifes just because they read forum posts. It's incredible.

Not even taking the train is 100% safe. Two years ago I was on the Bruxelles - Paris Thalys myself, who would have thought a terrorist might go decide to go on a killing spree? Thank god for those heroes that stopped him.

Nothing in life is ideal, we just get by.

xetudor

Established Member
Reaction score
If you read these forums, you can get ED even from a shampoo (Nizoral) or Minoxidil. Just today I answered a topic where a poster said he had proof Minoxidil lowered his libido and caused ED.

And we should praise finasteride. Just because it's not perfect, it doesn't mean it's very helpul. Pregnant women are instructed to take folic acid to prevent some birth defects, should we not praise folic acid? It's not perfect and it just lowers some defects but it's mandatory to take.

I think there are way nastier diseases than adrogenic alopecia that don't have perfect treatments. We don't live in Star Trek and there is a evil conspiracy to mock bald people where all other diseases are solved. There are people researching hair loss right now, a ton of money is being spent.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
Agree with you whole heartedly, xetudor. Taking any hair loss forum to represent reality, forsaking what you really see outside and the clinical trials, is never a good idea.

- - - Updated - - -

This while all the 45 year old NW2.5 gets praised for his 5000 grafts session. Because that must have been so life-changing for him.

I just think hair transplants are also for bald people. What a crazy thing to say, right?

I still think finasteride is the devil's medication when it comes to hair loss. I can't stand the idea of possibly getting ED or man boobs (again).

And all of us here shouldn't praise finasteride one bit. Because what message does that send if we accept it as a good solution?

"It's OK guys, we have everything we need, no need for a cure or better treatments now!"

We've been down this road before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkmfJQbld5I

You say he doesn't look better? Strange how putting more grafts in a small area is not "life changing" but putting 2k grafts in a 50k area is life changing. Doesn't make sense mathematically at all. There is a reason why these are the kind of cases surgeons show, they are cosmetically life changing. Only you don't see that.

Devil's medication? Okay lol. You not praising finasteride or anyone loving finasteride makes no difference to future treatments. It is a very good and safe treatment unless you're one of the few that get real sides (like with any meds) or couldn't take it due to mental health issues. You can't blame the makers for not taking that into account. Such possibilities exist for anything. This disease is androgen mediated big time, doesn't mean in the future we won't find something better.

Xetudor is right! Despite all the warped facts about baldness on this forum, I can't help but laugh. Baldness is basically already manageable for most sufferers these days. Many other diseases don't have that luxury. I know you're looking for a magical way to regenerate follicles but there is tons of stem cell research going into spinal cord disorders regarding that.

And like I say 85% of people don't even have advanced male pattern baldness.

FWIW

Established Member
Reaction score
You guys who have low Norwoods live in another world. I'm barely trying to survive as a normal-looking young man, and you want aesthetic perfect thick luxurious results.

Exactly!

Isaac Newton

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
He looks better, but I'm not that guy, and I'll never be that guy. I'm the worst case of hair loss at a young age ever, remember?

Hair loss has no effective and easy solutions today. Getting a hair transplant is not easy. It hurts, takes two days if you get FUE.

Then there is the downtime period that lasts up to a year and a half. Taking finasteride is not easy either. It's a big decision.

Even veterans like Spencer Kobren have said that if we went online today and read about finasteride, he would have never taken it.

Let's make it clear one and for all: in my mind, it's all about finding solutions to recover from the worst cases of hair loss, the slick NW6 kind of loss.

I'm still going over it again and again in my head. What are my viable options right now? Another FUE, SMP, and sprinkling some beard grafts. That's it.

You guys who have low Norwoods live in another world. I'm barely trying to survive as a normal-looking young man, and you want aesthetic perfect thick luxurious results.
YES YES YES YES YES YES.

i took finasteride as well and had no sides but it was too late for me. i agree vast majority dont have sides but still, just the CHANCE of losing your boners was enough to make me scared to go on it for a long time. and i got on it too late anyhow

finasteride is very helpful for MAINTENANCE but what we want is REGROWTH. you tend to care more about that when you have ACTUAL BALDNESS

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've seen shookwun's before picture, thinning in a nw2-3 fashion. Receding hair line. Slow pattern otherwise. Sounds typical male pattern baldness to me.

I agree on bald people needing regrowth, that's the hard part once the follicles close up. Is your head smooth on top or can you see follicles if you look closely?

Isaac Newton

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've seen shookwun's before picture, thinning in a nw2-3 fashion. Receding hair line. Slow pattern otherwise. Sounds typical male pattern baldness to me.

I agree on bald people needing regrowth, that's the hard part once the follicles close up. Is your head smooth on top or can you see follicles if you look closely?
well ****. just checked his thread. he should have posted the pic from there here, not the hair transplant pic

i do see the receding.

and i see very small follicles but the big 3 wont help. i was on it for about 2 years. problem was i got on them too late. all i did was regrow some spiderweb hair. not worth it