Hair transplant is no better ethically than wigs

YoungBalder15

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
1646923104993.png
1646923123819.png

The person is genetically bald, so a hair transplant is still a deception.

So, if you think hair transplants are more ethical than wigs, you're mistaken

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
What does ethics have to do with it? So are you saying if you have acne, it would be unethical to try to camouflage your zits? Hair transplants are just a means to camouflage a balding scalp so you look younger and more youthful. Improving your self esteem and self worth by enhancing your looks is not unethical.

SoonToBeBaldEgg

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure everyone demonizes cosmetic surgeries as it's "cheating your genetics" which evolutionary speaking is a bad thing.

Same goes with taking finasteride or minoxidil

YoungBalder15

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What does ethics have to do with it? So are you saying if you have acne, it would be unethical to try to camouflage your zits? Hair transplants are just a means to camouflage a balding scalp so you look younger and more youthful. Improving your self esteem and self worth by enhancing your looks is not unethical.

This post is for declaring hair wigs should not be demonized while people accept transplants.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
This post is for declaring hair wigs should not be demonized while people accept transplants.
I think most people care more about themselves than if John the butcher is wearing a wig. We live in such a narcissistic era now where self improvement with drastic means is the norm now. I say if you want to wear wig then go for it. If you want a transplant then go for it. Stop caring what anyone else thinks and do what makes YOU happy. Feeling good about yourself is what matters. You only got one life so live under your own terms.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
True.

Yet deception because genetically the person is bald.

In that case no disease should be treated ever, everyone should stop all pills or other treatments even for heart/kidney/liver issues. We should all accept an inferior quality of life and/or die early even if it's a life threatening infection from a minor cut. I remember a hair transplant surgeon said hair is restoration just like any other disease which shifts you away from normal physiology. However, boobs, noses, asses are enhancement and deception of genes as you would say, but again if it makes someone happy, that's all that matters.

Girls and people unfortunately do see the deception with transplants but it's not in a bad way as such and natural to wonder someone's genetics if you are close to them. Even my girl she has said a few times, wait it's the corners that were filled (transplant) the rest is your own hair right? It's natural to make the distinction and yes my true destiny was to be NW3V in my 20s, 30s - I fought it, beat it like any other disease if I could and glad for it, the mental and physical benefits have been immense.

That said I would never alter my facial features even if improved me big time- I like to accept how I am (minus disease lol) and would want my child to see him/her in me etc.

Chill dude

Established Member
Reaction score
True.

Yet deception because genetically the person is bald.

So with this argument any form of cosmetic surgery like breast implants is unethical?

SoonToBeBaldEgg

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So with this argument any form of cosmetic surgery like breast implants is unethical?
Not unethical but people in general frown upon cosmetic surgeries even when they say they don’t care. I feel it’s because genetically we are wired to dislike people who “cheat” their genetics since it tampers with natural selection.

keepcoolmybabies

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not unethical but people in general frown upon cosmetic surgeries even when they say they don’t care. I feel it’s because genetically we are wired to dislike people who “cheat” their genetics since it tampers with natural selection.
If someone has a heart attack and subsequently has an effective bypass surgery, do those same people feel similar disdain for cheating natural selection?