Hair Transplant In The Front And Hair Piece On The Back

venone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello,

I live between the United States and Europe, I wear a lace hair piece and I have reached a point where I know that I have to do a hair transplant. Some friends, both in Italy and in the USA, begin to suspect something and comment stuff like "but let me touch the hairline, there is something strange". "Come on, then you have something to hide." etc.
I'm seriously considering doing FUE with a good doctor, in America or Canada, but I do not exclude Turkey. The plan is to do something like what Stallette did here http: //forum.salusma...protesi-dietro/ (just check the picture, it is in Italian, and unfortunately the user disappeared from the forum and did not post long term results) or like this:
. I was thinking of a slightly narrower stripe, like 1.5-2 cm, with a density of 70 hairs per cm2. And then add the hairpiece on the back. What do you guys think?
The problem is how to manage the several months needed for the re-growth of transplanted hair. I thought I would continue to use the hairpiece, and not tape it to the transplant area, but just next to it. I would resolve as in the attached picture. The white area is the tape, the brown the transplanted area. Lace would just lay over the transplanted area with no glue (is that a problem?) Lace will be secured behind the transplanted area with tape (standard width), and with a narrow strip of tape in front. I would like to do as on the left side, that means I would shave my hair so as to connect the tape, if I do as the right side I guess the lace could lift. Surely, during the first ten days scars will be there I would just stay home, but once scars will heal I think everything will be manageable. With a little luck, after 4-6 months the transplanted front grows back and I can use the prosthesis only on the back, and let people stare at my frontline and maybe even touch it. What do you think? Any advice?

venone

My Regimen
Reaction score
As you see in the picture, my plan is to cover the transplant with the hairpiece until hair grows. Then use hair peice only on the back (remove narrow white part in the front). Ps: that is not me, just a random picture I found online. I will take a picture of my scalp when I will do upkeep of the hair piece.

Attachments

• outcomes-2.jpg
    outcomes-2.jpg
    231.2 KB · Views: 270

Noah

Reaction score
Hi Venone

I have thought about this idea and not done it, but I have talked to another guy who did do it, and was pretty happy with the result. He was advised by his surgeon that wearing his hairpiece over the grafts even without adhesive would lower the success rates of the grafts taking. So he used a different technique - he was open about the hairline surgery (but not about the hairpiece). He moved his piece back (about a centimetre I think) and had a transplant on that one centimetre strip and on a parallel strip below it (thereby in effect lowering his hairline slightly compared with his usual hairline with his hairpiece). He continued to wear his piece throughout (except during the surgery itself of course), and his grafts were never covered by the piece. His public explanation was that his hairline was receding and he had decided to get a minor transplant to strengthen it.

As I said, he was pretty happy with the result, but the transplanted strip was a lot lower in density than his hairpiece. He just accepted that fact and kept the higher density piece. So the result from the photos he showed me was he had a mostly fairly dense head of hair but with a finer thinning strip at the front of his hairline. There was still plenty of hair to provide camouflage to the hairline of the piece though, which was the main result he was after from the transplant.

So that is another possibility for you to consider.

Noah

venone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you! Why was he open about the transplant? Couldnt he just not go out for 10 day until scars healed and then pretend nothing happened?

shidoin

Established Member
Reaction score
As you see in the picture, my plan is to cover the transplant with the hairpiece until hair grows. Then use hair peice only on the back (remove narrow white part in the front). Ps: that is not me, just a random picture I found online. I will take a picture of my scalp when I will do upkeep of the hair piece.
You could actually get the same look going through a custom wig maker. Not a Chinese factory
Google Dave Edwards wig maker and click on his Instagram

Noah

Reaction score
Thank you! Why was he open about the transplant? Couldnt he just not go out for 10 day until scars healed and then pretend nothing happened?

His information was that it would take longer than 10 days to achieve a normal looking result - more like a month. He had an office-type job where he could not wear a hat or any kind of cover-up.

-Synergy-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have given this some thought as well. You could really save a lot of donor hair if you had just the temples and hairline build then covered the remaining with a system. The other day I was thinking if a centimeter would be enough or if a person would have to have about an inch?

Noah

Reaction score
Hi Cucuy,

No, unfortunately I don't think it is possible to get a breathable skin base. Occasionally you see them advertised with tiny holes punched in them, supposedly for breathability, but my impression is that they make no real difference. The holes are always in the middle of the base, not at the hairline, where they would be visible.

Noah

Noah

Reaction score
Agreed, a breathable skin base would be nice. Some contact lenses now have a lot of permeability, so maybe it's not beyond possibility.

Scalp protector dries to form a barrier which keeps the adhesive from irritating your skin if it is sensitive, and keeps your sweat and body oil from breaking down the adhesive. BUT (a) you only have to put scalp protector where you have adhesive. With a lace system that is usually just at the perimeter. The whole of the centre of your scalp is open to the elements through the mesh; and (b) my impression is that scalp protector is not 100% effective. It is effective enough to make your bond last longer and prevent irritation, but it is not as impermeable as a thinskin base, so there is still some breathability, albeit probably reduced.

-Synergy-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think an admin needs to promote you to moderator for this section at least and make a sticky with all the information you share to us. It’s so much and valuable and I think you get asked many same things a lot so maybe a good idea for a sticky. I appreciate the time you take to help me and thank you because I learn a lot from you dude. I mean it. I hope one day the technology of hair pieces exceeds our expectations and we can have even better solutions than now.

Hair is life. Happy Easter my friend.

I definitely agree

venone

My Regimen
Reaction score
As for my question of mixing piece with hair transplant, this is my situation...

Attachments

• 20190425_013844.jpg
    20190425_013844.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 280
  • 20190425_013921.jpg
    20190425_013921.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 301

shidoin

Established Member
Reaction score
As for my question of mixing piece with hair transplant, this is my situation...
I wouldn't do a transplant. You will lose donor hair and have permanent scarring. If you have a custom piece made you won't be able to feel the hairline. You would need sfs lace at 15-20 denier with single hair single flat knots.

venone

My Regimen
Reaction score
And this with the piece.

Attachments

• 20190429_225927_2_rotated.jpg
    20190429_225927_2_rotated.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 357
  • 20190429_230011_Rotated.jpg
    20190429_230011_Rotated.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 368

Noah

Reaction score
7A4AB7FC-4F1C-448F-B6F7-79B2B749BCF1-1927-0000029E04B16A22.jpeg 90F3F4B2-C54C-4814-85C4-42EC90A29C52-1927-0000029DF36B9CBA.jpeg C5946D68-7BEE-437A-9912-B232C0D3C919-1927-0000029DDCA4D4F0.jpeg

That really doesn't look like "light density". It also doesn't look like the hairline is graduated.

I don't want to pour cold water on the transplanted hairline idea, but if I were you I would try a shorter lower-maintenance style like one of these before venturing down the transplant route. I really think you would suit it. These are just short covered-hairline styles taken at random off the Internet.

Noah

rme

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello,

I live between the United States and Europe, I wear a lace hair piece and I have reached a point where I know that I have to do a hair transplant. Some friends, both in Italy and in the USA, begin to suspect something and comment stuff like "but let me touch the hairline, there is something strange". "Come on, then you have something to hide." etc.
I'm seriously considering doing FUE with a good doctor, in America or Canada, but I do not exclude Turkey. The plan is to do something like what Stallette did here http: //forum.salusma...protesi-dietro/ (just check the picture, it is in Italian, and unfortunately the user disappeared from the forum and did not post long term results) or like this:
. I was thinking of a slightly narrower stripe, like 1.5-2 cm, with a density of 70 hairs per cm2. And then add the hairpiece on the back. What do you guys think?
The problem is how to manage the several months needed for the re-growth of transplanted hair. I thought I would continue to use the hairpiece, and not tape it to the transplant area, but just next to it. I would resolve as in the attached picture. The white area is the tape, the brown the transplanted area. Lace would just lay over the transplanted area with no glue (is that a problem?) Lace will be secured behind the transplanted area with tape (standard width), and with a narrow strip of tape in front. I would like to do as on the left side, that means I would shave my hair so as to connect the tape, if I do as the right side I guess the lace could lift. Surely, during the first ten days scars will be there I would just stay home, but once scars will heal I think everything will be manageable. With a little luck, after 4-6 months the transplanted front grows back and I can use the prosthesis only on the back, and let people stare at my frontline and maybe even touch it. What do you think? Any advice?

very good idea! Hm...

rme

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dear All

1.can I this bottle be refilled?
This product

2.And, if I bathing and I swim, just i use leave-in conditioner on hair, before i go to water? or what?

3,And If I want to swim in underwater
This is oke for it?: walkertape scalp protector + Ghost Bond Classic, + walker tape ultra mini tape?

Last edited:

Noah

Reaction score
Hi RME

1.can this bottle be refilled?

I don't think so. But one bottle lasts a long time in my experience.

2.And, if I bathing and I swim, just i use leave-in conditioner on hair, before i go to water? or what?

Yes. But remember, no swimming while the adhesive is curing - about 4/5 hours after you put your piece on.

3,And If I want to swim in underwater
This is oke for it?: walkertape scalp protector + Ghost Bond Classic, + walker tape ultra mini tape?

Yes, that will be fine.