Hair transplant failure after 8 months with a top doctor?

milkman55

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello,

I had an FUE transplant for 1200 grafts with a top doctor in NYC 8 months ago. The transplant was only to the temples, mostly to the left side. However, I'm worried about how thin the hair currently is. Is this a failed transplant, or should I wait a few more months to see if it improves? I'm quite disappointed at this point because of how it looks and how much I spent ($11k).

Attachments

• IMG_9715.jpg
    IMG_9715.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 432
  • IMG_9713.jpg
    IMG_9713.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 433
  • IMG_9710.jpg
    IMG_9710.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 420
  • IMG_9650.jpg
    IMG_9650.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 417
  • IMG_9637.jpg
    IMG_9637.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 421
  • IMG_7342.jpg
    IMG_7342.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 427
  • IMG_7387.jpg
    IMG_7387.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 434

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Hello,

I had an FUE transplant for 1200 grafts with a top doctor in NYC 8 months ago. The transplant was only to the temples, mostly to the left side. However, I'm worried about how thin the hair currently is. Is this a failed transplant, or should I wait a few more months to see if it improves? I'm quite disappointed at this point because of how it looks and how much I spent ($11k).
Doesn't look like a failure just yet. I am guessing you went to Feller and Bloxham? Which one did it? I would contact them and discuss it with them. Feller and Bloxham are very good ethical doctors.

milkman55

My Regimen
Reaction score
Doesn't look like a failure just yet. I am guessing you went to Feller and Bloxham? Which one did it? I would contact them and discuss it with them. Feller and Bloxham are very good ethical doctors.
I went to a different doctor, but still in the same category as them.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I went to a different doctor, but still in the same category as them.
It's tough when you spend good money like that knowing you could have gone to the best in Turkey and paid 1/3 the price. I have seen cases where some were late bloomers. Hopefully yours will be more like that. If not, you will have to get it filled in again to add more density. @Wolf Pack

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's tough when you spend good money like that knowing you could have gone to the best in Turkey and paid 1/3 the price. I have seen cases where some were late bloomers. Hopefully yours will be more like that. If not, you will have to get it filled in again to add more density. @Wolf Pack

It's not a failure at all and that will thicken a bit more in the months to come. It's reality for a transplant with fine/medium hair and also 1200 grafts. Needed full frontal third rebuild and 2500 grafts with Dr Erdogan/Demirsoy if Turkey or B1sanga type in Europe. Also the incision angles don't look too aesthetic but passable.

thomps1523

Established Member
Reaction score
Who do you feel are the top doctors in Turkey? Thoughts on Ahd clinic?

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Who do you feel are the top doctors in Turkey? Thoughts on Ahd clinic?
Recently I like work by Dr Pekiner. @PRIMEN knows more than me about Turkey. He has a really good transplant result in my opinion.