Hair Today Hair Tomorrow Hair Forever

LouisSarkozy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A beast, or a b**ch lol. I got some PGE2 based on our convo about RA vs PGE2, but am still recovering from oral min. Are you still using topical PGE post oral min?
can i ask you if RA is still worth a shot over pge2 powder for someone willing not to use too many random chemical from china? ( got it coumpounded from parati) thanks

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
A beast, or a b**ch lol. I got some PGE2 based on our convo about RA vs PGE2, but am still recovering from oral min. Are you still using topical PGE post oral min?
I'm still using PGE2.

can i ask you if RA is still worth a shot over pge2 powder for someone willing not to use too many random chemical from china? ( got it coumpounded from parati) thanks
RA is better than nothing

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm still using PGE2.

RA is better than nothing
Isn’t 40mg estriol (from your regimen) enough to counter oral min’s skin sides? Also, I’d think estrogen alone is a good enough growth agonist.

Btw, if I didn’t get skin sides from topical min, am I safe from them with oral?

Edit: I’m not sure if that 40 mg is even a high dose tbh

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Isn’t 40mg estriol (from your regimen) enough to counter oral min’s skin sides? Also, I’d think estrogen alone is a good enough growth agonist.

Btw, if I didn’t get skin sides from topical min, am I safe from them with oral?

Edit: I’m not sure if that 40 mg is even a high dose tbh
Yep. That was my thinking at the beginning too. The notion that estrogen makes skin better is not universally true. Based on the sci. literature, it looks to be impossible that estrogen would be detrimental to skin. Amazingly, that is not true. I have done regimens with E2, E3, E2 and E3 combined, ralox (SERM) and I can say for certainty that, for me, estrogen has a pro-aging effect on skin. I've talked to a few other males who have noticed this. When estrogen is stopped, skin gets better. My only guess is that is that high systemic E signals lower aromatase activity in skin, which leads to less estrogen for collagen production.

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My RA is from china which is why i haven't used it yet. I think it should help as long as it reaches the HF.

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Oral minoxidil is a beast, but the body hair and skin changes are terrible. My skin is starting to recover, but the hair on my arms and hands has not improved
The little bit of extra body hair from oral min slowly disappeared over ~2-3 months.
Regarding eplerenone-have you had any side effects? I am just starting it after using spironolactone.
How did you come up with 100 mg as a good dose?
If we are hoping to get a blockade at the MR, and we want the effect to be similar to spironolactone, it would seem that a higher dose of epler would be needed given that it is a much weaker MR antagonist than spironolactone.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
The little bit of extra body hair from oral min slowly disappeared over ~2-3 months.
Regarding eplerenone-have you had any side effects? I am just starting it after using spironolactone.
How did you come up with 100 mg as a good dose?
If we are hoping to get a blockade at the MR, and we want the effect to be similar to spironolactone, it would seem that a higher dose of epler would be needed given that it is a much weaker MR antagonist than spironolactone.
Epleronone also inhibits collagen production, so I stopped taking that orally as well. I'm using 5mg/day topically.

100mg minimizes the risk of hyperkalemia and/or hypotension if your baseline bp is normal. It also has an effective dose against aldosterone that is half that of spironolactone
There are substantial differences in the pharmacodynamic and pharmacokinetic properties of these agents. For example, eplerenone has a 20-fold lower affinity for the MR in vitro compared with spironolactone, although the in vivo dosage of eplerenone required to inhibit aldosterone binding by 50% was only approximately half that of spironolactone.

Last edited:

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You are correct, MR antagonists do suppress collagen production. In choosing a MR antagonist for topical use, why did you choose the less potent antagonist vs. the more potent one (spironolactone)?

As an aside, I did not tolerate eplerenone 50 mg well. It caused burning skin and lightheadedness/brain fog, which I don't experience with spironolactone.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
You are correct, MR antagonists do suppress collagen production. In choosing a MR antagonist for topical use, why did you choose the less potent antagonist vs. the more potent one (spironolactone)?

As an aside, I did not tolerate eplerenone 50 mg well. It caused burning skin and lightheadedness/brain fog, which I don't experience with spironolactone.

Because I want to avoid feminizing side effects. Also, due to the pharmacokinetics it would seem that eplerenone is actually more potent than spironolactone for reducing aldosterone

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
So many changes to my regimen lately that I'm waiting a bit. drinking castor at the moment so PGE is covered

Im really surprised by the potency of oral castor oil tbh, not game changing in the hair loss battle by any means but works much better than i thought it would, currently taking 0.5mg duta, 10mg oral min, 200mg spironolactone and 10ml castor oil plus loads of supplements.

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Im really surprised by the potency of oral castor oil tbh, not game changing in the hair loss battle by any means but works much better than i thought it would, currently taking 0.5mg duta, 10mg oral min, 200mg spironolactone and 10ml castor oil plus loads of supplements.
Yep, oral castor oil actually works. I wouldn't have believed it if hadn't seen for myself. Your regimen looks solid although I could never handle the side effects of the high PGE activity from so much CO and min.

LouisSarkozy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
damn 10 ml that's a lot . forgot if i already asked you this but di you notice an increase in density in term of eyebrow and eyelashes growth using oral castor oil? and most important is your gut doing ok on it? thanks

Equal Rights

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Bruh forget the gut, how is your a**h** doing. When i took 2.5ml morning, 2.5ml night. I would sh*t 10 times before noon. Honestly, i would just leave my laptop in the bathroom knowing i will be back in 10-15min.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Bruh forget the gut, how is your a**h** doing. When i took 2.5ml morning, 2.5ml night. I would sh*t 10 times before noon. Honestly, i would just leave my laptop in the bathroom knowing i will be back in 10-15min.

lol no i don't experience any laxative effects at 10ml thankfully.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
damn 10 ml that's a lot . forgot if i already asked you this but di you notice an increase in density in term of eyebrow and eyelashes growth using oral castor oil? and most important is your gut doing ok on it? thanks

Yes, combined with oral min my eyebrows have definitely thickened up, hard to gauge by how much tbh but there has definitely been a change.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
You're doing 1000mg a day of RU? How comfortable are you with that amount long term?