Hair Tape/glue Health Problems And Risks?

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
You can do permiter bonding with ghost bond right?

I know you're asking Fanjeera...but you know I can't help myself.

Don't drive yourself crazy and overanalyze it's an adhesive.. use it anywhere you want the hair system to stick. Glue works on all forms of Hair Systems since it is just that, a glue.

I see people agonizing over Hair Systems and it's really not complicated. It is damaged, process, colored hair... so you used products for damaged processed colored hair. Whether it's growing out of someone scalp or woven through a piece of poly or tied to a piece of lace it's damaged hair and is treated accordingly.

I'm saying this with a good heart and with encouragement! Enjoy it.. let it make you feel better about yourself. Don't let it stress you out and cause you worry.

Nostab2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I know you're asking Fanjeera...but you know I can't help myself.

Don't drive yourself crazy and overanalyze it's an adhesive.. use it anywhere you want the hair system to stick. Glue works on all forms of Hair Systems since it is just that, a glue.

I see people agonizing over Hair Systems and it's really not complicated. It is damaged, process, colored hair... so you used products for damaged processed colored hair. Whether it's growing out of someone scalp or woven through a piece of poly or tied to a piece of lace it's damaged hair and is treated accordingly.

I'm saying this with a good heart and with encouragement! Enjoy it.. let it make you feel better about yourself. Don't let it stress you out and cause you worry.
I get it and appreciate it, I just dont have alot of experience with ghost bond and wanted to make sure a perimeter bond was gonna work with it, so your saying yes, it doesn't matter? I was just going by the one video they put out

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
I get it and appreciate it, I just dont have alot of experience with ghost bond and wanted to make sure a perimeter bond was gonna work with it, so your saying yes, it doesn't matter? I was just going by the one video they put out

Absolutely, anywhere you put that glue the system will stick to it.

I don't recall, are you using thin skin poly or lace?.... or something with a thick poly surround?

Nostab2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I don't recall, are you using thin skin poly or lace?.... or something with a thick poly surround?
Poly perimeter, I guess its lace front

Nostab2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I cant have the full skin type, so poly around with lace front

Nostab2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I

Thick poly surround

Nostab2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would have to think people with tattoos are in the same boat as this...they do not regulate what goes into the ink, as time goes on more and more ink wears into the body. I guess alot of metals are in it too

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would have to think people with tattoos are in the same boat as this...they do not regulate what goes into the ink, as time goes on more and more ink wears into the body. I guess alot of metals are in it too
That's a little different. It's not going into the bloodstream. They're trapped in an upper dermal layer.

I'm curious as to why you can't use a thin-skin poly?

Nostab2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's a little different. It's not going into the bloodstream. They're trapped in an upper dermal layer.

I'm curious as to why you can't use a thin-skin poly?
Tried it once, itched and felt real hot

Nostab2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ever try dermatch? I wonder about the chemicals in that, they say it's all natural botanicals, It wont come up on msds search

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ever try dermatch? I wonder about the chemicals in that, they say it's all natural botanicals, It wont come up on msds search

Yeah it's basically like foundation makeup. It's awful. Doesn't match whatsoever, because it has a matte flat finish.

Worth a try for you. They have a money back guarantee... if you don't like it instant refund, no need to return the product.

Nostab2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah it's basically like foundation makeup. It's awful. Doesn't match whatsoever, because it has a matte flat finish.

Worth a try for you. They have a money back guarantee... if you don't like it instant refund, no need to return the product.
I know you didn't like the fibers, but how much of a pain in the *** was it keeping up with that? All in all did it work good? With a mask are these harmless otherwise?

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
A month or so
I know you didn't like the fibers, but how much of a pain in the *** was it keeping up with that? All in all did it work good? With a mask are these harmless otherwise?

I thought they worked well in disguising... but it certainly changes the texture of your hair and color so in retrospect probably not as great as I thought it was.
I can't stress this enough to you, I know you're searching for the thumbs up....But Nothing is harmless. These are chemicals and they have Associated risks... some higher risk with more severe consequences...Some less severe.
The safest thing you can do is shave your head.... I'm not suggesting you do that, as that is not something I would do... But you have to pick a solution and run with it...
The hair is about making yourself feel good. It can't feel good to be hyper analyzing and scrutinizing everything. Even myself, as the strongest proponent of the risks.... I dont over-analyze and complicate it. I acknowledge there's a risk and make the choice that's most comfortable for me.

Like I said, just choose the safest option you're comfortable with.

None of these things have been studied long-term nor do I foresee them ever being studied. So anyone that gives you an opinion on safety is giving you just that, an opinion.

Have to roll the dice and do what works for you.

When you have an option such as ghost Bond vs acrylic, it would be wise to choose the safer option. But to worry about what percentage of a chemical you're unfamiliar with.. is in the product.. is just pointless.... and I feel It's ultimately causing you more anxiety...or giving you a false sense of security.... neither of which is productive. :)

Nostab2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I thought they worked well in disguising... but it certainly changes the texture of your hair and color so in retrospect probably not as great as I thought it was.
I can't stress this enough to you, I know you're searching for the thumbs up....But Nothing is harmless. These are chemicals and they have Associated risks... some higher risk with more severe consequences...Some less severe.
The safest thing you can do is shave your head.... I'm not suggesting you do that, as that is not something I would do... But you have to pick a solution and run with it...
The hair is about making yourself feel good. It can't feel good to be hyper analyzing and scrutinizing everything. Even myself, as the strongest proponent of the risks.... I dont over-analyze and complicate it. I acknowledge there's a risk and make the choice that's most comfortable for me.

Like I said, just choose the safest option you're comfortable with.

None of these things have been studied long-term nor do I foresee them ever being studied. So anyone that gives you an opinion on safety is giving you just that, an opinion.

Have to roll the dice and do what works for you.

When you have an option such as ghost Bond vs acrylic, it would be wise to choose the safer option. But to worry about what percentage of a chemical you're unfamiliar with.. is in the product.. is just pointless.... and I feel It's ultimately causing you more anxiety...or giving you a false sense of security.... neither of which is productive. :)
Very true, I agree completely. I guess I'm just wanting to go the safest possible route at this point. Everyone knows me with this hair. I dont want to shave it eather. I was prescribed a medication by a dr. For 9 years and it turns out it was the worst thing ever, so now I question every thing I do

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
Very true, I agree completely. I guess I'm just wanting to go the safest possible route at this point. Everyone knows me with this hair. I dont want to shave it eather. I was prescribed a medication by a dr. For 9 years and it turns out it was the worst thing ever, so now I question every thing I do
Finasteride?