Hair Tape/glue Health Problems And Risks?

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
Definitely seems more robust than lace...Gotta give everything a try to find what's best for you.

Nostab2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hell no... I breathed those for 2 years...Definitely not a good alternative....Wish I never did!
No kidding? Anything to consider other than inhalation? Do these get into the bloodstream through the skin? Are there not ways to apply without inhaling them?

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
No kidding? Anything to consider other than inhalation? Do these get into the bloodstream through the skin? Are there not ways to apply without inhaling them?
Inhalation is my only concern with them. You can wear a respirator mask...N100 rated I believe.... I did the last 6 months but 1.5 years without. I have a 15 ft wide white marble vanity in my master bath and after a few days using it you'd see a fine layer over the entire thing! :(

Nostab2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Inhalation is my only concern with them. You can wear a respirator mask...N100 rated I believe.... I did the last 6 months but 1.5 years without. I have a 15 ft wide white marble vanity in my master bath and after a few days using it you'd see a fine layer over the entire thing! :(
Wow, good to know

Nostab2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would also imagine that skin protect is just as bad with the chemicals, sounds like you would just be putting chemicals on top of chemicals

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Yes they have, but in a completely different manner as I had mentioned prior. They do not shave their head exposing their dermal scalp. They apply a pantyhose like material over top of their hair and then fit the wig on top of that if any adhesive it is a very miniscule amount at the hairline. They also do not leave it on for 1 to 4 weeks, typically it's a few days, or off every evening. It's not anything like what we're doing.

If that were the case I would have nothing to say on the matter. The only possible exposure could be getting it onto to your hair, which presents no risk. The risk is when it's applied to your extremely vascular scalp for prolonged periods.

Lastly, not saying this is ONLY because of wigs, but African Americans are disproportionately affectedby cancer in the United States.
They ranked number one.

Just stating statistics, but they are not known for making the wisest decisions nor for having the good health, actually quite the opposite....... I certainly wouldn't mimic their life choices...
Still if there are so many users thanks to those people the industry should have more conscience, be more caring. It doesn't make it such a marginal product anymore then. It means there tons of actual users. They don't know they are only applying in the front. They should be assume full scalp bonding.

Last edited:

Nostab2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Still if there are so many users thanks to those people the industry should have more conscience, be more caring. It doesn't make it such a marginal product anymore then. It means there tons of actual users. They don't know they are only applying in the front. They should be assume full scalp bonding.
I only do perimeter bonding

Nostab2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Because they are fat-soluble. Fat-soluble hydrophobic molecules pass transdermally, whereas hydrophilic water soluble thing do not. Water based adhesives use water as a solvent and therefore have hydrophilic water soluble molecules inside them which cannot absorb. You cannot absorb water nor acrylate polymer through skin. Yet using solvent based adhesives makes absolutely no sense: all these things should go straight into bloodstream yes.
I never read this reply, so your saying ghost bond does not get into the bloodstream?

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes I completely agree. Nonetheless business is not a charity nor a public service. It's a revenue-generating machine .Unfortunately with unsafe products the consumer pays the ultimate price.

Last edited:

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
So ghost bond is harmless???
Nothing in the world is harmless. But it is the safest option we have.

More than 3,000 people a year in the US die from taking aspirin. Not from overdosing on it..... a single 81 mg aspirin can cause a bleed in your intestinal system.

Like I'd say Prior, if you are dead-set on wearing hair like I am and others on this board choose the safest option available.

Nostab2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nothing in the world is harmless. But it is the safest option we have.
aid:
Because they are fat-soluble. Fat-soluble hydrophobic molecules pass transdermally, whereas hydrophilic water soluble thing do not. Water based adhesives use water as a solvent and therefore have hydrophilic water soluble molecules inside them which cannot absorb. You cannot absorb water nor acrylate polymer through skin. Yet using solvent based adhesives makes absolutely no sense: all these things should go straight into bloodstream yes.

More than 3,000 people a year in the US die from taking aspirin. Not from overdosing on it..... a single 81 mg aspirin can cause a bleed in your intestinal system.

Like I'd say Prior, if you are dead-set on wearing hair like I am and others on this board choose the safest option available.

This was his statement on ghost bond getting into the bloodstream

Nostab2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
aid:

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
This was his statement on ghost bond getting into the bloodstream
Yes, I read it. And we can break down molecular saturation and bloodstream entry if you'd like. But we're getting back into the field of something you don't understand ...and human nature dictates you're going to agree with whomever makes you feel the most comfortable and says what you want to hear...

Although skin absorption and entry into the bloodstream is different for water-based and solvent-based it is not non-existent with water.

I'm sure you've heard of soaking in Epsom salt baths right?

The water is the carrier getting the Magnesium into yoursystem/ muscles to relax them.

Nostab2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Also dave at pro labs gave me this reply...
The purpose of Phenoxyetanol is as a preservative, the percentage of which in our adhesive is 0.0001% and is therefore not considered a health hazard when used as recommended.

Nostab2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, I read it. And we can break down molecular saturation and bloodstream entry if you'd like. But we're getting back into the field of something you don't understand ...and human nature dictates you're going to agree with whomever makes you feel the most comfortable and says what you want to hear...

Although skin absorption and entry into the bloodstream is different for water-based and solvent-based it is not non-existent with water.

I'm sure you've heard of soaking in Epsom salt baths right?

The water is the carrier getting the Magnesium into yoursystem/ muscles to relax them.
Yeah, I see what your saying

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
Also dave at pro labs gave me this reply...
The purpose of Phenoxyetanol is as a preservative, the percentage of which in our adhesive is 0.0001% and is therefore not considered a health hazard when used as recommended.

Why would they put this on there product safety sheet? Flat out says do not take this as fact that it's safe for you figure it out on your own.... that's because no one has done the studies with regard do long-term scalp exposure.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191205-114132_QuickPic.jpg
    Screenshot_20191205-114132_QuickPic.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 141