Hair system - what about your girlfriends/wifes?

Noah

Reaction score
The more I read Fred's posts the more certain I am that he's just trying to convince himself that he made the right choice getting an FUE. I've never seen anybody so dogmatically against hair pieces. I wonder how he'll feel when his transplanted hair starts falling out and he has to go get a touch-up. Then another, then another, then... no more because he has no more donor hair. Bummer.

Look on the bright side. Perhaps by then he will have inherited Dad's 1960's toupee. Then he can go over to annoy the hair transplant guys.

newmexicohair

Reaction score
why is he so negative?
He's an unhappy turd and wants everyone else to be unhappy!!! I believe he was conceived thru a*** sex because there is no way being that big of an a**h** is natural!!?? Just sayin'!!!

Noah

Reaction score
Farewell cruel world

Oh no!!! Fred has taken offence at what I said, and now with his technical mastery he has turned my little green dot red. He even left me a little private message to tell me he was doing it!!! That's the kind of alpha male he is. Now I'm humiliated in front of the whole board by my red dot, and it's my own fault for contradicting Fred, who has more green dots than you could shake a stick at. I have rost face, and now I must do the gentlemanly thing. Farewell cruel world (drinking my wig glue as I type).

wilson2

Established Member
Reaction score
One of the whole reasons I put off doing anything about my hair receeding was that I didn't want to have anything in common with guys that wear systems. I'm not trying to be insensitive or rude, it's the truth though. I just feel like a guy can never really be confident when there is something so false about himself. I think guys who wear hats all the time are doing the same thing. Just my two cents. It's pretty bad when guys who have the same "condition" on the same forum are making fun of each other for choosing different routes of action.

Noah

Reaction score
One of the whole reasons I put off doing anything about my hair receeding was that I didn't want to have anything in common with guys that wear systems. I'm not trying to be insensitive or rude, it's the truth though. I just feel like a guy can never really be confident when there is something so false about himself. I think guys who wear hats all the time are doing the same thing. Just my two cents. It's pretty bad when guys who have the same "condition" on the same forum are making fun of each other for choosing different routes of action.

That's a perfectly fair and understandable position. But then you shave your head and live with baldness. As far as falsity goes, I can't see that there is a lot to choose between using a prosthetic (hair system), plastic surgery (transplant) or make-up (Toppik etc). They all involve an element of fakery, and users generally don't want the fact they use them to become public.

Surgery is more permanent (for good or ill), but it is very invasive, slow, expensive, and the result is unpredictable. It never gives you a full head of hair. Systems are not permanent (again, that can be good or bad), they are cheap (if you know where to look) and nowadays they can give you a full authentic-looking head of hair.

I don't think anyone on this board is making fun of guys who try transplants. Fred is a special case. People make fun of him, not because he has a transplant, but because he is obnoxious. He comes onto a forum for guys who wear or are thinking of wearing systems, and basically attempts to belittle and ridicule them. To make matters worse, his own transplant results are less than impressive, to put it charitably.

Actually I think the best solution for me would be a dense transplanted hairline and transplanted temples, with a hair system behind. I just don't see how I could have the surgery without having to remove my hairpiece publicly and expose the true state of my hairloss to everyone who knows me. Having kept it successfully covered all this time, I am very reluctant to do that.

wilson2

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah I see what your saying in terms of falsity. I just like the idea that with treatments/ hair transplant it's still my real hair. Like people can go bald randomly. So the way I justify it is, if I keep my hair till im 45 vs keeping it till I was 22 then that's just 23 more years before I "naturally" went bald. I also wouldn't have any problem with people finding out I did treatments or if I ever got a hair transplant. But yeah my whole point about making fun of people was more suggested towards balding guys making fun of people with hair pieces. I have only ever seen really bad systems (hence how i knew what they were) so I just feel like its not a good option. But whatever makes someone happy at the end of the day.

Vinton Harper

Established Member
Reaction score
I have only ever seen really bad systems (hence how i knew what they were) so I just feel like its not a good option.
Yep. People only notice the bad ones. That's kind of a good thing for the rest of us, but also not good in a way because the bad ones that everyone notices further the stigma of wearing.
I still wish the first hairpiece company I bought from(won't mention the name here) still went around the country doing conventions. I swear, if I had not gone to the two that I went to and seen with my own eyes the transformations possible and the "realness" of the hairpieces, up close, I might still be hedging about "taking the plunge" into wearing a piece. They let me personally see what was possible with wearing, and that these were definitely not the "toupees" of old. Those conventions were very informative as well, and I think were a great way for a prospective wearer to see what it was all about.

Noah said:
I don't think anyone on this board is making fun of guys who try transplants. Fred is a special case. People make fun of him, not because he has a transplant, but because he is obnoxious. He comes onto a forum for guys who wear or are thinking of wearing systems, and basically attempts to belittle and ridicule them. To make matters worse, his own transplant results are less than impressive, to put it charitably.
I actually think Fred's transplants look pretty good.
But then, I thought mine looked good for a while there too. Then I lost more of my native hair(and possibly some of my transplants, especially after I had another procedure at a different clinic which shall remain nameless but they advertise on the tv alot, and none of the hairs they transplanted "took") and saw how sparse my transplants were.
Do I regret having the transplants? Not on your life! They gave me quite a few years of a good looking head of hair, and I am sooo glad I have this transplanted hairline(sparse as it is), to act as a guide when positioning my hairpiece behind it, AND to cover the edges of the lace and any lifting that might occur(but hasn't really happened too bad yet in front, or maybe I just didn't notice).
I would never have any more transplants done, at least not in an attempt to "get my hair back" again. I would not want to lose all that donor hair on the sides and back. Then I would just have sparse hair all over. But like you, Noah, I would consider(and am considering) getting my faded temples back through transplantation, so I could have a bigger range of hairstyles I could try with a piece, but that is about it.

newmexicohair

Reaction score
Oh no!!! Fred has taken offence at what I said, and now with his technical mastery he has turned my little green dot red. He even left me a little private message to tell me he was doing it!!! That's the kind of alpha male he is. Now I'm humiliated in front of the whole board by my red dot, and it's my own fault for contradicting Fred, who has more green dots than you could shake a stick at. I have rost face, and now I must do the gentlemanly thing. Farewell cruel world (drinking my wig glue as I type).

The douche did the same to me! zero ****s given!!!