Yeah, it took me about 4 years.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
lol at one visit.

takes 2-4 years on average.

2 if your teeth are decent

4 if they are rekt

Yes, back in the middle school era I went through the whole braces thing for a couple years....this was with my teeth already being straight before I got them

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been on treatments for almost a year now.. My hair has improved. It's nowhere near where it's going to be. My temples are still receded.

If things keep going my way, I'll almost be the "fullhead Chad" that dudes on here talk about. Especially with good cuts/styling. My hair wasn't terrible before treatment, but enough for mild mockery from norwood spotters. I'm nowhere near perfect.. and I still get mocked occasionally by peers that view me from a previous mindset.. Many who have nothing about themselves to be overly proud of. Ironic it is, usually.

Today I was having the best hair day I've had in a year or two.. and it's amazing the reception you get from females. Some males, but I tend to attract a lot of haters with no cause, so not so many males.

HAIR MATTERS MORE THAN EVERYTHING ELSE.. You can be deep, poetic, hilarious, intelligent, charismatic... whatever else, it won't matter if you have sh*t hair genes. I'm going to pour a 40 on the ground for all my brothers that don't respond to treatments or have had bad luck with them.

I hope I never go back to just knowing I'm going to go bald.. I hope I keep improving and along with it.. the peace of mind of knowing I will.

so, you are achieving a nice, full, think head of hair and you come on here to tell us how much hair matters. Well, Mine is almost completely gone and your post pisses me the f*** off. so suck it fullhead.

shookwun

Reaction score
Having a solid pair of straight teeth is very important though.

I routinely get complimented by women on my smile, and teeth whenever I meet someone. Women tend to be drawn towards a mans mouth, and find it sexy.

Good chin, lips + teeth = sexual tension, and higher slay probability

shookwun approved

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was talking about dental veneers for example.

I know it takes a while for orthodontics, as I wore braces from age 11 to age 15 (So yeah, I actually had only one year of my life with nice teeth and no hair loss).

My main point was, even if it takes 2 to 4 years, a real solution exists.

While at the moment, I can't do much to improve the state of my hair.

All I can do is hoping that my 2000 grafts will ease my mind while I wait for better treatments.
I am with Fred on this one. It's true dental work is expensive and time consuming. But they can do pretty much everything to repair a non flattering aesthetic situation. Will it take three years? Well, where will the hair of a balding man be in three years from now?

With teeth, the time that passes is time to improve. With hair, you are very lucky if time does not make you worse.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm 24 already

vAYE9Qm.jpg

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
f*** off, I'm not gonna waste more time in this shitty debate, even my dermatologist a few weeks ago confirmed me I reached Norwood 4 stage.

Besides, I can't really see the point in wasting 4 years, I'm 24 already and I'm ugly and almost bald anyway. Too old and too ugly.

yeah, everyone saw pics of me from the front and responded with, "you have nothing to complain about", "full head" blah blah... then I posted one from the top, wet and people responded with, "holy sh*t you have the right to be upset" and "diffuse thinning looks like the plague. If I had that hair, I would be looking into hair systems asap".... so, Dante is right. No one knows his hair situation but him.

shookwun

Reaction score
f*** off, I'm not gonna waste more time in this shitty debate, even my dermatologist a few weeks ago confirmed me I reached Norwood 4 stage.

Besides, I can't really see the point in wasting 4 years, I'm 24 already and I'm ugly and almost bald anyway. Too old and too ugly.
privileged.

try balding at 15-16 years old, then tell me how difficult your life is.
yeah, everyone saw pics of me from the front and responded with, "you have nothing to complain about", "full head" blah blah... then I posted one from the top, wet and people responded with, "holy sh*t you have the right to be upset" and "diffuse thinning looks like the plague. If I had that hair, I would be looking into hair systems asap".... so, Dante is right. No one knows his hair situation but him.
Diffuse is the worst.

My entire scalp is diffused with a patch of hair at the crown that's terminal. When I shave my head, it looks retarded. everywhere is diffuse, except this small ball patch in the back that's darker in color, and thicker then the rest of my hair. I was literally getting a cut every 7 days to even the growth out. Diffuse areas barely grow, takes twice as long.

recession with density = privileged

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
privileged.

Diffuse is the worst.

My entire scalp is diffused with a patch of hair at the crown that's terminal. When I shave my head, it looks retarded. everywhere is diffuse, except this small ball patch in the back that's darker in color, and thicker then the rest of my hair. I was literally getting a cut every 7 days to even the growth out. Diffuse areas barely grow, takes twice as long.

I agree, completely. I would chop my f*****g nuts off for recession with density, but... Dante is still suffering in horrible pain with it, so, to each their own.

shookwun

Reaction score
I agree, completely. I would chop my f*****g nuts off for recession with density, but... Dante is still suffering in horrible pain with it, so, to each their own.
I am hoping 3000 grafts spread over my entire scalp will do the trick.

Going to save up for this procedure. I figure if I put aside 7500 a year for this procedure it should be enough. have it in two years without it denting the account in.

Schedule in advance.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am hoping 3000 grafts spread over my entire scalp will do the trick.

Going to save up for this procedure. I figure if I put aside 7500 a year for this procedure it should be enough. have it in two years without it denting the account in.

Schedule in advance.

yeah, if you're not worried about losing what's already there. For me, treatments don't work. finasteride, nope. dutasteride, nope. Hell, I've been on RU for 10 months now with nothing but much much more loss.

Me and my bros are going the way of my father. I noticed the other day, he has the NW7 extremely diffuse extending half way down the back of his head.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
teeth more important than hair imo

i thin that depends...I would take Lauren Huttons famous gap tooth grin to get my all my hair back--i have naturally perfect teeth.

lauren-hutton-archival-today-160201-01_0dffb5b0c9e5bc278b63e75a8e438278.today-inline-large.jpg
668ce5a04838d13c156206b93f4f5ae6.jpg

Mick Jaggers daughter. Her teeth are terrible--not hurting her career.

a752c74363f2b54cd0ed65e2a369e401.jpg

Attachments

• images-41.jpeg
    images-41.jpeg
    8.3 KB · Views: 182

Tapajer1991

Reaction score
privileged.

Diffuse is the worst.

Receding hairline is like a death sentence because there's no stopping it. You can slow it down but you can't stop it. I swear my hairline everyday I wake up. Most frustrating thing ever!

winnyblues

Banned
Reaction score
f*** off. You're good-looking and, by the way, there's nothing worse than a receding hairline, since the best you can hope for is slow it down, and after you reach Norwood 3 stage you look 20 years older and can do absolutely nothing to hide it.

Boo f*****g hoo
All you do is complain, complain, complain.

Geez i feel for your parents for bringing up such a hateful individual

shookwun

Reaction score
Yeah m8 cause everytime i post its about how f*****g ugly and what a waste of space i am

Your mum should of aborted you, waste of space on earth.

posts about an individual being triggered

is always triggered

lul

shookwun

Reaction score
I think that will help immensely. I want 2k grafts in my crown but the mantra from surgeons seems to be "wait a while." I think they prefer working front to back. But what if you're not thinning in the mid area currently, have enough donor hair and appropriate age. My crown is far from slick but I would love to make it like the rest. Also I saw pictures of finasteride thickening up crown areas from year 1 all the way till year 5, so I should wait a little as I'm responding well.

Have you seen any more benefit on finasteride?
I don't know if I am covering any additional ground from finasteride, all though I am not willing to find out by coming off. I have been on non-stop since April 2012.

that's pretty much what you can expect. First surgery to stabilize, structure your frame, and have a solid foundation to work with. Second surgery is more refinement, filling in gaps, and adding density all over.

it's important for people to realize going the transplant route that you will never have one surgery, and be finished. I would say on average most people can expect to cough up between 20-30,000 CAD over two-three transplants depending on how big the session is.

I believe my situation is some what similar to yours. But yes... additional work is always needed.

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm a bit puzzled on what should be my next move (it could also be doing nothing).

My front still looks good for the look I'm going for (shaved head). But the back of my head is clearly living its last months.

Another FUE? About 2500 grafts to cover my crown and the small gaps that have formed behind my hair transplant, possibly add temple points?

Or just go for temporary SMP since I want a shaved head anyway: http://www.prohairclinic.com/nl/home/9-dutch/58-micro-haar-pigmentatie-mhp (this clinic is actually recommended by ********). They turned me down for SMP once in the past but now it could be different with my FUE.

Or maybe both? The problem here is that I never see the back of my head in the mirror, so I'm always like: "Hey looking good!" Then I see a picture taken by my girlfriend's friend and bam, reality check, my crown is 75% bald.

I almost lost conscious when I saw my receded vertex first time recently. Even I have NW3.5 frontally.

Ruby

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The other problems with diffuse loss is it always looks grandpa, bad hair day, unhealthy and old. As you wrote, it tends to be more aggressive too with limited options to stop or reverse it fully.

Even "the one last option" (transgender HRT) may not be able to reverse it. It is stopping it for me but my hair will never be as dense as it was even just 5 years ago. I am getting a ton of vellus regrowth, and maybe with time and more regrowth cycles that might improve... I've only been on it 3 months. I'll never recover my temples / forward hair line. It'll take transplants for that. At least the hair at the back of my scalp is thickening up nicely so I'll have a good donor site.

BTW teeth does matter a lot. I'm about to drop $40K on mine. The process for that is going to take about 4 months since that's how long titanium implants will take to fuse to the bone and it looks like I'm going to get 6 implants total... the surgery for that is in two weeks.

Also I've noticed that with 3 months of estrogen in my system now, and since my facial features have started to feminize, and my skin has softened up a lot... and my demeanor has radically changed, that random encounters with women in everyday public like shopping at Target/Walmart/etc or buying groceries at the supermarket, that one split second of eye contact and now something clicks at the subconscious level and it took me a while to realize that I'm getting flirted with by some not-bad-looking 30-40's yr old women (I'm mid 50s myself). WoW!
Used to in the past, that one split second of eye contact always resulted in "what an ugly short bald creep" kind of response. I still present in "guy mode" all the time, and this is kinda freaking me out.... in a good way. I've also got "carded" when buying alcohol 4 times in the past few weeks... the checkout clerks always say, "Sorry but we have to check ID on everyone who looks under 40" and when they look at my driver license photo and date of birth, and then look at me, the look on their face is priceless.

I should've done this 30+ years ago when I was young and still had a full head of rich hair. I've always been femmy as f*** ever since I was a small child anyways, so it probably wouldn't have surprised anyone who knew me. But society was so extremely hostile towards the idea back then that I probably would not have survived the attempt.

And to all you cis-gendered normal men out there reading this, trust me... you "DO NOT" want to touch this regimen. You will not like what systemic spironolactone and estradiol does to your libido, not to mention what it does to your breasts. You'd have to be pretty damn desperate to want to transition just as a gamble to try to regrow some hair.