Hair Multiplication Update:Histogen!

rxdr1

Reaction score
I can't believe anyone fell for this Akai nonsense. Regardless of that phoney stuff I'm still not sure if Histogen will work out within the next 5 years. I certainly hope it does for many men and woman out there. A lot of matters regarding science and medicine are like a rollercoaster ride. It could be right around the corner or farther than any of us think.

If we see more news or results from any of these HM trials that would be very welcome. HM would be the best option until there is a way to shock the follicles back into producing hair (the truest of all cures).

T

TravisB

I remember reading on this forum about something, that we will hear more news about it in first quarter of 2012, because there will be a conference or something. Was it about Histogen or somethibg else?

DavisNY

Established Member
Reaction score
So I just got off the phone with Histogen, and it was a little wierd.

I told them I am a member of one of the hair loss forums and how a Dr by the name of akai in Japan, is claiming to administer HSC and is charging for it, and that I just wanted to give them a heads up on the matter.

There was a brief pause, and she said well thank you for letting us know...
I reiterated, he is claiming to administer your product and is CHARGING FOR IT!

She said we have been speaking with clinics in Japan however have not gotten into sponsorship with any of them yet (something to that effective)

I could tell she knew about it however she did not want to discuss it further...

So I said ok I just wanted to pass along the info, thanks...

It was one of the weirdest conversations I have ever had. I understand pharma companies not wanting to give away secrets, however a simple thank you, the appropriate measures have been taken would have more than sufficed.

instead she did not even want to acknowledge it, to say nothing of denying it.

While it does not prove actual affiliation one way or another, it definitely makes me raise an eye brow...

Just a heads up for you all

dimitar_berbagod

Established Member
Reaction score
Wooh...

Maybe Histogen is all one big scam!!! :woot:

Seriously though - surely they wouldn't be stupid enough to brand it 'HSC' by 'Histogen' if the product didn't work. I suspect she was just uncomfortable about implicating anyone etc...

dimitar_berbagod

Established Member
Reaction score
...also they probably weren't comfortable with disclosing too much information to a member of a hair loss forum as it will likely be circulated very quickly

DavisNY

Established Member
Reaction score
dimitar_berbagod said:
Wooh...

Maybe Histogen is all one big scam!!! :woot:

Seriously though - surely they wouldn't be stupid enough to brand it 'HSC' by 'Histogen' if the product didn't work. I suspect she was just uncomfortable about implicating anyone etc...

I totally understand that, however as I had stated earlier, wouldn't the appropriate response be something along the lines... Thank you for the update, the appropriate measures have been/ will be taken, as opposed to just blowing it off?

guy83

Established Member
Reaction score
I see your point but maybe they were all told not to discuss anything regarding Histogen any further to callers??

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
histogen are probably not used to such communication, it's strange though because such a scam would be harmful to their image, maybe that woman received a few calls of a similar nature

tonyj

Established Member
Reaction score
This is good news for Histogen.

Histogen wins SkinMedica patent battle
November 30, 2011 by MassDevice staff

Histogen Inc. is declaring victory after a Southern California judge's decision that its technique for growing human skin cells does not infringe a pair of patents covering SkinMedica's NouriCel product line.

It's the second time San Diego-based Histogen, which is primarily focused on regenerative medicine solutions for wound care, has touted a win from U.S. District Court Judge Janis Sammartino. The judge sided with Histogen on how the patents' claims should be construed.

Now Sammartino has ruled that Histogen does not infringe either patent with its method for culturing skin cells, which uses microbeads to assemble a lattice of cells...

http://www.massdevice.com/news/histogen-wins-skinmedica-patent-battle

guy83

Established Member
Reaction score
god bring it on already... if any of these procedures work out well i will never wear a hat ever again in my life.

Shma

Established Member
Reaction score
dudemon said:
guy83 said:
god bring it on already... if any of these procedures work out well i will never wear a hat ever again in my life.

Well, you'll be wearing one until atleast 2015, which when they are due to hit the market, if they ever do.
I think they would. Remember all those companies who were promising treatments for years without posting pictures? (that 2-3 microscopic ones that have been around for years dont show much)

This will surely end up like intercytex, follica & co.

rxdr1

Reaction score
Shma said:
dudemon said:
guy83 said:

Well, you'll be wearing one until atleast 2015, which when they are due to hit the market, if they ever do.
I think they would. Remember all those companies who were promising treatments for years without posting pictures? (that 2-3 microscopic ones that have been around for years dont show much)

This will surely end up like intercytex, follica & co.

I don't know why people take sides on something that is so unknown. It seems like the most feared word on this forum is "maybe". Whenever research is being put into something that may or may not cure hair loss people would always take a side based on their own personality. So optimists say oh this is it for sure and pessimists say oh please this thing is not gonna work. Not many out there are content with saying maybe it will but maybe it won't.

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
dudemon said:
rxdr1 said:
I don't know why people take sides on something that is so unknown. It seems like the most feared word on this forum is "maybe". Whenever research is being put into something that may or may not cure hair loss people would always take a side based on their own personality. So optimists say oh this is it for sure and pessimists say oh please this thing is not gonna work. Not many out there are content with saying maybe it will but maybe it won't.

Well, I pretty much do take the "maybe" approach. But, after watching the Replicel videos that came out a month ago, I know for certain that their CEO said their product will hit the market in 2015 *IF* everything goes as planned. That is a big "IF" IMO. He also said they they will be looking to SELL their product to Big Pharma/Big Bio for further development and distribution into the market at that point. So now were talking 2016-8 possibly for an actual release date which is a very long ways away.

I think the common consensus is that Replicel is about the best prospect out of all of them. Now, I realize this thread is about Histogen. But, I don't think Histogen is as far along in their dvelopment as Replicel. So Histogen will most likely come AFTER 2015 if they don't concede to Replicel once Replicel beats them to the punch.

We're talking another 4+ years MINIMUM before ANYTHING is even close to hitting the market. So, IMO, there is no need to get excited at this point. No need at all. :(

You are so convinced that there is a conspiracy that you'll do everything to prove it. When since ICX, the market of HM has become a lot more competitive; less theoretical; with serious amounts of money to be made. You can argue all you want about propecia, but it is a somewhat ineffective treatment which has got Merck in trouble with the court cases. Hence, why the hell wouldn't anyone want to solve the riddle of hairloss? It is a multi bilion pounds market, and there will always be demand - balding people in every generation. If anything this will be a bigger money maker then "propecia", simply because there are a lot of guys out there who a) won't take propecia due to sides, b) have had to stop due to the sides or c) high norwoods who will get no benefit from taking it.

I also remember a while back, you predicted that the court case Histogen were entangled in will be the end for them.

...It didn't happen. :woot:

rxdr1

Reaction score
dudemon said:
rxdr1 said:

Well, I pretty much do take the "maybe" approach. But, after watching the Replicel videos that came out a month ago, I know for certain that their CEO said their product will hit the market in 2015 *IF* everything goes as planned. That is a big "IF" IMO. He also said they they will be looking to SELL their product to Big Pharma/Big Bio for further development and distribution into the market at that point. So now were talking 2016-8 possibly for an actual release date which is a very long ways away.

I think the common consensus is that Replicel is about the best prospect out of all of them. Now, I realize this thread is about Histogen. But, I don't think Histogen is as far along in their dvelopment as Replicel. So Histogen will most likely come AFTER 2015 if they don't concede to Replicel once Replicel beats them to the punch.

We're talking another 4+ years MINIMUM before ANYTHING is even close to hitting the market. So, IMO, there is no need to get excited at this point. No need at all. :(

I think your timeline is pretty realistic but it may be available in Asia or some places like that a couple years earlier. Other than that it is a long wait for some of the guys who are already bald and not getting any younger. But, just knowing a solution is available could be a big deal and perhaps worth the wait. Imagine if in 2013+ one of these companies actually proves they can achieve respectable regrowth, the wait would be very tolerable when you consider no other generation in history has had these kinds of options. On the other hand if things drag out then who knows. Eventually this will be reality because regenerative medicine isn't going away...but when, who knows.

rxdr1

Reaction score
They did say that they are striving to make it competitive with current transplant prices. In some ways I could see it being less expensive and in other ways I could see it being more expensive. Hard to say. While it will take a number of years to come out the companies are also in a race to see who will come out first so there is pressure to come out earlier rather than later. If it happens within this decade then it's still much better than nothing. Whether that's 2015 or 2019 who knows.

BenVegas01

Reaction score
dudemon said:
Yeah - my thoughts on this are:
There is competition to be the first to develop it. However, once it is sold off to Big Pharma/Big Bio I fear it becoming just another product (of many) in the que to be further developed and put into production at *some* future date. Even if it has the potential to make $100 Billion in the first year, I'm afraid that is still 'pocket change' to BP/BB. So who knows how long they'll sit on it?!?!? For them, it is more about trying to figure out how to maximize their return off of it rather than being the first to distribute and sell it. And they will take their sweet a$$ time making this determination. (years perhaps...? which will be well beyond 2015 for us)

I think your underestimating the benifit in one of these companys being first to market.

Alot of the distribution prepwork will happen before the end of the trials, if indeed they have a winning product. All companys are eager for profit, the sooner the release the more the profit.

Also - Replicel can go to market in Asia after phase 2 trials, while they have to wait for phase 3 in the USA. This allows them to potentially go to market sooner than in the USA.

Theres alot of unknowns here. But we'll know next March with replicel if its going to be something special. If they show outstanding results there, my bet would be in it coming to market around 2015 somewhere in the world. But yeah, its speculitive ATM.

I also think Replicel would have some idea now how its going... And they seem confident.

TMNK

Established Member
Reaction score
Really a interesting read all of this.

Do you guys think that Histogen is the best cure for hair loss in the future right now?

How many hair/grafts could we maybe expect from this? Can it change a NW7 to are NW1?

..and last: what about the people who have and will have a hair transplant before a Histogen procedure. Would that be realistic having both?

Shma

Established Member
Reaction score
TMNK said:
Really a interesting read all of this.

Do you guys think that Histogen is the best cure for hair loss in the future right now?

How many hair/grafts could we maybe expect from this? Can it change a NW7 to are NW1?
I think you missunderstood something man...