• Yes

Votes: 76 40.6%
  • No

Votes: 111 59.4%

• Total voters

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well TrialAcc appears to be moaning about not knowing the no. hair cycles and no. of years the hair will last after implantation of de novo follicles. The interviewer is asking whether this process is a one of deal or is is something that requires X no. of visits to maintain/improve hair. Alexey clearly states that initial success well last several years (which is vague but most probably 5-8 years). The top ups would be required because of hairs that aren't transplanted falling. So the procedure would be repeated every so 5-10 years which is around the ball park of what I said in order to maintain the density of the hair. I don't understand how you fail to understand the correlation between the regular top ups required that TrialAcc is talking about and what Alexey is saying here? Enlighten me with your phenomenal interpretation.
I guess that would be ok. But I would prefer to never reach that point and just protect my current hair. In my opinion a "cure" would be topicals that prevent androgens from miniaturizating hair at the receptor. People who are 18 would just apply those topicals every morning and keep youthful hair for a very long time.

Keratinpro

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I guess that would be ok. But I would prefer to never reach that point and just protect my current hair. In my opinion a "cure" would be topicals that prevent androgens from miniaturizating hair at the receptor. People who are 18 would just apply those topicals every morning and keep youthful hair for a very long time.
You should look into GT20029

Keratinpro

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well TrialAcc appears to be moaning about not knowing the no. hair cycles and no. of years the hair will last after implantation of de novo follicles. The interviewer is asking whether this process is a one of deal or is is something that requires X no. of visits to maintain/improve hair. Alexey clearly states that initial success well last several years (which is vague but most probably 5-8 years). The top ups would be required because of hairs that aren't transplanted falling. So the procedure would be repeated every so 5-10 years which is around the ball park of what I said in order to maintain the density of the hair. I don't understand how you fail to understand the correlation between the regular top ups required that TrialAcc is talking about and what Alexey is saying here? Enlighten me with your phenomenal interpretation.
so basicly it would be better for complete bald people

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
what are you guys babbling about lol

This would be perfect for any kind of hair loss. Tho it is important for Androgenetic Alopecia to have the characteristics of the occipital one, to last a bit longer.

If you are a Norwood 2, you get it done, easy. After 5 years, replace the lost hair, then again... I don´t see a problem, what did you expect? The shitty androgen frigthened hair needs to fall off XD

Chads don't bald

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You guys aren't understanding. If someone is currently balding as a NW2 and they get Stemson to go back to a NW0 with full density, the non-implanted hairs will continue balding so now you'll have a weird *** hairline with full density at the front and balding right behind it lol

So either you take finasteride after implanting the new hairs from Stemson, or you keep getting Stemson treatments every 6 months or so to implant new hairs while you keep balding.

The key here is Stemson doesn't cure balding, it's simply an unlimited hair transplant essentially. So your non transplanted hairs will still fall out.

So yes Stemson probably works best for completely bald people. Why? Because they don't have any hairs that are yet to fall out. So they don't have to take finasteride or keep going back to Stemson every 6 months.

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
You guys aren't understanding. If someone is currently balding as a NW2 and they get Stemson to go back to a NW0 with full density, the non-implanted hairs will continue balding so now you'll have a weird *** hairline with full density at the front and balding right behind it lol

So either you take finasteride after implanting the new hairs from Stemson, or you keep getting Stemson treatments every 6 months or so to implant new hairs while you keep balding.

The key here is Stemson doesn't cure balding, it's simply an unlimited hair transplant essentially. So your non transplanted hairs will still fall out.

So yes Stemson probably works best for completely bald people. Why? Because they don't have any hairs that are yet to fall out. So they don't have to take finasteride or keep going back to Stemson every 6 months.
If im understanding correctly. They basically use stem cells in a 3d printed mold to develop hair follicles? Do they extract those cells from the donor region? If the donor is unlimited then that could help those with DUPA. But you have to look at things with this perspective. Suppose hair has 1 to 5 growth cycles (3 average) the growth cycle will vary between 1 to 3 years. So you could have some hairs last 1 year and others last 15. I think the effectiveness of treatment would depend on the density they could aim for. If they can achieve a high density like putting 50k hairs on the scalp then you might end up with 25k hairs after 5 years which still has decent coverage still. So that's a year with a shaved head and implants then 4 years with solid density. Touch ups would fill in less hair and just maintain a solid density.

Also what might be ideal is, you get a traditional hair transplant at the hairline and midscalp region and have this done on the crown. Also why do the hairs last only a few cycles? Maybe they figure out why and maybe a growth stimulant would help. Maybe the craft gets perfected so they can reach 5 or more growth cycles on average and at that point you are looking at potentially 10 to 15 years of coverage. Which is a very long time.
You should look into GT20029
Yup, hopefully that is a reality. My main concern is that it sounds too good to be true. If it has bad side effects then I'd be hesitant to use it.

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If im understanding correctly. They basically use stem cells in a 3d printed mold to develop hair follicles? Do they extract those cells from the donor region? If the donor is unlimited then that could help those with DUPA. But you have to look at things with this perspective. Suppose hair has 1 to 5 growth cycles (3 average) the growth cycle will vary between 1 to 3 years. So you could have some hairs last 1 year and others last 15. I think the effectiveness of treatment would depend on the density they could aim for. If they can achieve a high density like putting 50k hairs on the scalp then you might end up with 25k hairs after 5 years which still has decent coverage still. So that's a year with a shaved head and implants then 4 years with solid density. Touch ups would fill in less hair and just maintain a solid density.

Also what might be ideal is, you get a traditional hair transplant at the hairline and midscalp region and have this done on the crown. Also why do the hairs last only a few cycles? Maybe they figure out why and maybe a growth stimulant would help. Maybe the craft gets perfected so they can reach 5 or more growth cycles on average and at that point you are looking at potentially 10 to 15 years of coverage. Which is a very long time.

Yup, hopefully that is a reality. My main concern is that it sounds too good to be true. If it has bad side effects then I'd be hesitant to use it.
How do you get the information that the new hair will only stay on your head for a few years and not for the rest of your life?

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score

Cells come from blood not donor zone. Growth cycle is not 3 years, the anagen phase alone is 3-5 years, and thats 1 phase of the cycle. So if it's 3 cycles average (which it's not) and we use just anagen phase as a reference point then you're looking at 9-15 years of hair on average. Again, this isn't going to be the reality, they have never implied the final product hair lasts 3 cycles.

They've already said his treatment aims to recreate 100% density. I don't get why people are complaining that you'd have to get it done more then once, as if that's some massive trade off to growing teenage density hair in your 30s or 40s.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score

I thought you were saying that the new hairs would fall out after 7 years. This is not the case. The new hairs should be permanent, but your natural hairs can still miniaturize. It's impossible to know how long this will take. Most people never go completely bald. If your hair is already stabilized you may never need another treatment, but most people will continue to have some thinning. My interpretation of Stemson and Alexey's statements is that you will pay one fee upfront for a lifetime of hair. If you continue to bald they will replace those hairs. Some people will never need that, and others will need it every 5 years or so until all the hairs on their head have been replaced with hairs that are immune to balding.

Keratinpro

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I thought you were saying that the new hairs would fall out after 7 years. This is not the case. The new hairs should be permanent, but your natural hairs can still miniaturize. It's impossible to know how long this will take. Most people never go completely bald. If your hair is already stabilized you may never need another treatment, but most people will continue to have some thinning. My interpretation of Stemson and Alexey's statements is that you will pay one fee upfront for a lifetime of hair. If you continue to bald they will replace those hairs. Some people will never need that, and others will need it every 5 years or so until all the hairs on their head have been replaced with hairs that are immune to balding.
It’s fine it seems your interpretation of what I was saying was incorrect

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
because of money, and besides, what is the hair that falls out after a few years? and why exactly? and how do you know, since there have been many years of trials on anything, not to mention people

Chads don't bald

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just to be clear, using the Stemson/Tsuji technique, can they implant hairs on the top of your head without having to shave your head?

I feel like that would make a huge difference. I wouldn't mind going for touch up treatments every few months if I didn't have to shave everytime. But if I had to shave every single time then what's even the point lol?

Also just putting this out there, I'm talking about losing your natural hairs not losing your implanted hairs. If you're a NW2 and go to Stemson to become a NW0, you are still gonna lose your natural hairs. So lets say you lose 10000 natural hairs per year. That means every year you'll have to go back to Stemson and implant 10000 more hairs (or more realistically go every 6 months to implant 5000 or something).

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just to be clear, using the Stemson/Tsuji technique, can they implant hairs on the top of your head without having to shave your head?

I feel like that would make a huge difference. I wouldn't mind going for touch up treatments every few months if I didn't have to shave everytime. But if I had to shave every single time then what's even the point lol?

Also just putting this out there, I'm talking about losing your natural hairs not losing your implanted hairs. If you're a NW2 and go to Stemson to become a NW0, you are still gonna lose your natural hairs. So lets say you lose 10000 natural hairs per year. That means every year you'll have to go back to Stemson and implant 10000 more hairs (or more realistically go every 6 months to implant 5000 or something).
Good question. I know they are both planning on having machines do the implantation. Stemson will start out manually, but Kyocera has already developed a device for Tsuji. I think you would have to shave. That's a good incentive to stay on finasteride, or to use one of the upcoming advanced AR antagoninsts.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score

You know they can just over compensate for loss, right? Unless necrosis is stopping them from intersecting into where you still have hair, they'll just overlap. Once donor maintenance and preservation is no longer a factor, there is nothing stopping them from being aggressive and shoring up areas that still have hair.

Chads don't bald

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Good question. I know they are both planning on having machines do the implantation. Stemson will start out manually, but Kyocera has already developed a device for Tsuji. I think you would have to shave. That's a good incentive to stay on finasteride, or to use one of the upcoming advanced AR antagoninsts.
Hmm if they have machines do the implanting, that would make it cheaper right? Since you can scale it up more than a surgeon doing the implanting. Though I imagine a surgeon would still have to oversee everything.
You know they can just over compensate for loss, right? Unless necrosis is stopping them from intersecting into where you still have hair, they'll just overlap. Once donor maintenance and preservation is no longer a factor, there is nothing stopping them from being aggressive and shoring up areas that still have hair.
Ah ok I wasn't aware of that. So they can basically give you double density, and then when you lose your natural hairs it goes back to regular density? I wonder what it means if they don't know your final pattern of hair loss though. How would they know which areas to reinforce?

Aqalp

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My father remembers hearing the same story in the 1970s.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hmm if they have machines do the implanting, that would make it cheaper right? Since you can scale it up more than a surgeon doing the implanting. Though I imagine a surgeon would still have to oversee everything.

Ah ok I wasn't aware of that. So they can basically give you double density, and then when you lose your natural hairs it goes back to regular density? I wonder what it means if they don't know your final pattern of hair loss though. How would they know which areas to reinforce?
They could measure miniaturization like a hair transplant surgeon would and just overlap some density, doesn't have to be 100% but enough to prevent unnatural looking patterns.