Votes: 76 40.6%
  • No

Votes: 111 59.4%

• Total voters

Chads don't bald

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Question for you guys. Say you are still a NW1.5 or so with thinning all over the top. Say we get a treatment like Stemson or Tsuji, where we can transplant an unlimited donor so you can go back to a NW0 with thick hair. But now the non-transplanted hairs will still be prone to hair loss so how exactly does one deal with that? Just keep getting more and more transplants as the hair keeps thinning? That seems very inefficient, you'd be going in for a new transplant every year + shaving your head every year. Or would you basically just have to take finasteride for the rest of your life anyways?

Ironically I feel like Stemson/Tsuji would be better for someone with a NW7 who's already lost all their hair, so once they get a transplant they don't have to worry about losing any more. Those of us who have barely started our hair loss journey will be on hair loss drugs for the rest of our lives even with hair cloning available, unless some gene therapy eliminates hair loss completely.

Thoughts?

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
"
Ironically I feel like Stemson/Tsuji would be better for someone with a NW7 who's already lost all their hair, so once they get a transplant they don't have to worry about losing any more. Those of us who have barely started our hair loss journey will be on hair loss drugs for the rest of our lives even with hair cloning available, unless some gene therapy eliminates hair loss completely.

Thoughts?"

unfortunatelly You might be right, if stemson will deliver the cure imo it will be better for completely bald people

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Question for you guys. Say you are still a NW1.5 or so with thinning all over the top. Say we get a treatment like Stemson or Tsuji, where we can transplant an unlimited donor so you can go back to a NW0 with thick hair. But now the non-transplanted hairs will still be prone to hair loss so how exactly does one deal with that? Just keep getting more and more transplants as the hair keeps thinning? That seems very inefficient, you'd be going in for a new transplant every year + shaving your head every year. Or would you basically just have to take finasteride for the rest of your life anyways?

Thoughts?
You probably wont have to shave your head, it's not a traditional transplant, but yes. I have to imagine these procedures would require pretty equal downtime, as in Stemson's case you're going to have thousands of synthetic poles sticking out of your head that are a few mm long.

If you wanted to save as much money as possible and limit the loss and amount of cloned follicles needed you would be on preventative meds just the same. It's just a complete solution for bald people, where as for thinning/receding people it will only address the hair already lost rather then the one's about to be lost.

Chill dude

Established Member
Reaction score
Chris Moltisanti had his baldness cured completely in the early 2000’s, he started wearing his mother’s muff on his head....

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Where did i say it had no "potential" side effects in my post? i didn't, im not denying that using finasteride could potentially lead to sides like pretty much every drug,

I can be a bit of a dick about this topic. I just get tired of the same defenses of the 5ar drugs. They are what they are. We should be honest about them for better and worse.

Chads don't bald

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You probably wont have to shave your head, it's not a traditional transplant, but yes. I have to imagine these procedures would require pretty equal downtime, as in Stemson's case you're going to have thousands of synthetic poles sticking out of your head that are a few mm long.

If you wanted to save as much money as possible and limit the loss and amount of cloned follicles needed you would be on preventative meds just the same. It's just a complete solution for bald people, where as for thinning/receding people it will only address the hair already lost rather then the one's about to be lost.
So basically, you'll go in every 6 months/year for maintenance treatments where they implant more hairs into the thinning areas? And you won't have to shave your head everytime?

That's not as bad I suppose. Still inconvenient but better than going bald. I'd do it for a NW0 haha. Depends on the cost though, it might just be cheaper to get one session done to treat all balding areas and then be on finasteride/other treatments to prevent further balding.

Really hope that Moogene crispr stuff pulls through

Keratinpro

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
So basically, you'll go in every 6 months/year for maintenance treatments where they implant more hairs into the thinning areas? And you won't have to shave your head everytime?

That's not as bad I suppose. Still inconvenient but better than going bald. I'd do it for a NW0 haha. Depends on the cost though, it might just be cheaper to get one session done to treat all balding areas and then be on finasteride/other treatments to prevent further balding.

Really hope that Moogene crispr stuff pulls through
No with Stemson you wouldn’t have to see them every 6 months. It would be be somewhere every 7+ Years or so. Depending on the severity of your balding. Their procedure goes for three cycles of hair growth and it wouldn’t be efficient to get hair multiplication every few months.

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
"Their procedure goes for three cycles of hair growth "
what do you mean by that? after this three cycles hair will fall out and wont grow up and we must repeat this procedure?
forttunis guy said hair will be permanent

Keratinpro

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
"Their procedure goes for three cycles of hair growth "
what do you mean by that? after this three cycles hair will fall out and wont grow up and we must repeat this procedure?
forttunis guy said hair will be permanent
Don’t take the fortunis guy’s word seriously when it comes to the science of hair cloning. It’s been mentioned a number of times on this thread and many others, that it won’t be a permanent resolution. You’d have to have this done repeatedly every 8/9 years, but if you were to do hair cloning accompanied by newer and better hair treatments (pyrilutamide, GT20029, Aneira, OliX etc) you could potentially not need future hair cloning top ups. The one good thing is that after the initial release of Stemsons procedure the price of it will come down in the next 5-6 years but Alexey did say that the top ups could be free or at least not nearly as expensive as the initial cost.

Last edited:

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Don’t take the fortunis guy’s word seriously when it comes to the science of hair cloning. It’s been mentioned a number of times on this thread and many others, that it won’t be a permanent resolution. You’d have to have this done repeatedly every 8/9 years, but if you were to do hair cloning accompanied by newer and better hair treatments (pyrilutamide, GT20029, Aneira, OliX etc) you could potentially not need future hair cloning top ups. The one good thing is that after the initial release of Stemsons procedure the price of it will come down in the next 5-6 years but Alexey did say that the top ups could be free or at least not nearly as expensive as the initial cost.
come on , for 100k$+ i want permanent solution for the rest of my life, not hair for 9 years, btw this fortunis guy is a liar?

Keratinpro

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Please stop saying $100K all the time. You've been explained multiple times that Stemson is not going to charge that steep, their marketing guy said that their aim is $30K-$50K initially. This is not Tsuji, this is Stemson, this is different. They won't be able to reach the wider population by pricing out the majority. And he's not a liar, because in a way it is a permanent solution, and for some it will be permanent if their balding genetics aren't as bad as others. But knowing you I think you're going to repeat the same price range and ask if the "fortunis guy" is a liar till the end of time on multiple threads.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Please stop saying $100K all the time. You've been explained multiple times that Stemson is not going to charge that steep, their marketing guy said that their aim is $30K-$50K initially. This is not Tsuji, this is Stemson, this is different. They won't be able to reach the wider population by pricing out the majority. And he's not a liar, because in a way it is a permanent solution, and for some it will be permanent if their balding genetics aren't as bad as others. But knowing you I think you're going to repeat the same price range and ask if the "fortunis guy" is a liar till the end of time on multiple threads.
I also think 30-50k is going to be like a full restoration type price. I would hope it's not going to cost you 30k to fill in your temples but then again we do have some top hair transplant surgeons that do charge 30k~ for 3k grafts.

I also don't think that these hairs last "exactly 3 growth cycles". That's just what they used as a measurement benchmark on the mice.

Last edited:

Keratinpro

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I also think 30-50k is going to be like a full restoration type price. I would hope it's not going to cost you 30k to fill in your temples but then again we do have some top hair transplant surgeons that do charge 30k~ for 3k grafts.

I also don't think that these hairs last "exactly 3 growth cycles". That's just what they used as a measurement benchmark on the mice.
What I meant by that was the 3 growth cycles would be the average. I'm sure there will be some that will be even more than 3 growth cycles. But if you were wanting to just have your temples filled in, wouldn't it be smarter to go down the transplant option as that would be considerably cheaper than cloning? I feel like cloning should be used in the case of extensive balding. Do you think that the pricing will drop to let's say $10K-30K 5/6 years after initial release?

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am wondering, if it is possible multiplication hair technique, if the implanted hairs woud have the normal asynchronicity of scalp hair or we need a step like new born childrens have?

Keratinpro

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am wondering, if it is possible multiplication hair technique, if the implanted hairs would have the normal a synchronicity of scalp hair or we need a step like new born children's have?
Do you know how the stem cell–generated hair will look? Can you control hair color?
We hope that stem cell–generated hair will look exactly as the original hairs that have been lost. Of course, it will take some time to grow a “perfect” hair, but we believe this should be possible in the long run.

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you know how the stem cell–generated hair will look? Can you control hair color?
We hope that stem cell–generated hair will look exactly as the original hairs that have been lost. Of course, it will take some time to grow a “perfect” hair, but we believe this should be possible in the long run.
i am wondering how long does it take to grow perfect hair, btw will be possible to have thicker hair than the original?

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
What I meant by that was the 3 growth cycles would be the average. I'm sure there will be some that will be even more than 3 growth cycles. But if you were wanting to just have your temples filled in, wouldn't it be smarter to go down the transplant option as that would be considerably cheaper than cloning? I feel like cloning should be used in the case of extensive balding. Do you think that the pricing will drop to let's say $10K-30K 5/6 years after initial release?
Why would I opt for half natural density and a surgical procedure when I could get full with non invasive surgery?

Keratinpro

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why would I opt for half natural density and a surgical procedure when I could get full with non invasive surgery?
Because if it is only the temples you are concerned about and not the crown or frontal then you can heavily pack the temples with a combo of fut and fue from the back and sides of the head and easily have dense temples with 6K/7K graphs implanted. It would be the more economic route than having to pay $30K+ for that.

Keratinpro

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
i am wondering how long does it take to grow perfect hair, btw will be possible to have thicker hair than the original?
HLC2020: What aspects of hair growth do you believe you will be able to control? Shaft thickness, direction, etc.?

Dr. Terskikh: Should be able to control all aspects. The shaft thickness (also hair length) is directly proportional to the number of DP cells in the DP capsule. We can transplant any number of cells we want.