• Yes

Votes: 76 40.6%
  • No

Votes: 111 59.4%

• Total voters

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
in this case androgen signalling and wnt signalling are seperare transduction pathways and they have an unknown synergistic interaction. Some study have shown mutated AR causes lower levels of WNT activation (still less than basal level) so i think AR signalling is upstream with its synergy with wnt signalling. Both androgen and AR antagonists inhibit the AR input into the Wnt signaling pathway if you inhibit wnt you will prevent the ubiquitination of BC and suppress co-activation of those genes involved in the development of HF

in the wnt pathway the ubiquitonation of b catenin is what drives the growth and proliferation of cells and tissue by forming a transcriptional activator complex with other proteins (GSK etc..) this complex acts a coactivator of growth and proliferation genes (especially in regenerative organ like hair follicle). like how you quote from the study

this is why minxodil is such a great treatment. It is great for upregulating this pathway. There are still more unknown to hairloss and minautrization
I see you, Jan, on a hand full of other platforms lol.

So what would ultimately be the best you can do for this sh*t? Like, would cloning / multiplication help A.G.A., or would you say they would start to miniaturize again?...

Some people on this board claim that the skin/scalp induces an overexpression of the AR...

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
in my experience AR is not needed for hair growth, and Wnt & Shh are sufficient.

whether i can reach nw1 with full density is a question only time will resolve.

apologies if i word that in a technically incorrect manner.
ER is important for hair growth/repairing. This has been proven by plenty of members on this forum. There is no research done on it, as this is not a viable treatment.

jan_miezda

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I see you, Jan, on a hand full of other platforms lol.

So what would ultimately be the best you can do for this sh*t? Like, would cloning / multiplication help A.G.A., or would you say they would start to miniaturize again?...

Some people on this board claim that the skin/scalp induces an overexpression of the AR...

im excited for hair cloning and smart hair transplant and now hope medicine. Since DP cells really control hair growth mainly by paracrine signalling we can see what happen by blocking prolactin activity

jan_miezda

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
my experience suggests AR is not needed for hair growth, and Wnt & Shh are sufficient.

whether i reach nw1 with full density is a question only time will resolve.
the answer lie more than in studying these pathway and signalling event. why do anatomically identical occipital follicle not bald as fast? thereis a link to underlying loose connective tissue thickness?

jan_miezda

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
if you have the answer please post your before and after along with your theory.

it will take until next year to assess my current theory. it's doing more than anything else i've tried. so until then, there is no point for me to develop a new theory.
what treatment are you on? in every area of body their is regionally specific tonic levels of wnt signalling and also tonic levels at different stages of development

5minutesbeforemiracle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
1 -- Show me a crappy transplant result on a patient without limits. That means it was a respected surgeon. Cost was not a factor. Downtime was not a factor. At least 30yo. The baldest guy in the patient's whole extended family is Norwood#3-4 or less. The doctor did 2+ separate passes on the same area to build up density. Show me a patient who met this whole checklist and still came out looking thin. All other patients are compromising.

2 -- The point I was trying to make is this: Anyone could go get some really aggressive transplants right now. Pack all the lifetime donor hair into the current thinning areas. F*ck the future loss planning. Wouldn't it be worth it to get full hair back a decade earlier? If you are so confident about future treatments in 5-10 years then why aren't you putting your (scalp) where your mouth is?
Regarding your second point, that's not really a good line of thought because we don't know if any upcoming topicals/medications would be able to regrow hair on heavily scarred scalp, which is exactly what's going to happen to a scalp post-transplant.

Redgate

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
2 -- The point I was trying to make is this: Anyone could go get some really aggressive transplants right now. Pack all the lifetime donor hair into the current thinning areas. F*ck the future loss planning. Wouldn't it be worth it to get full hair back a decade earlier? If you are so confident about future treatments in 5-10 years then why aren't you putting your (scalp) where your mouth is?
What you are saying doesn't make sense. Most people get transplants, take finasteride which works in 90% of people and are happy for the rest of their lives.
You could replace "future treatments in 5-10 years" with "finasteride/dutasteride now" in your sentence and make the same argument. We're not getting hair transplants because either we don't want to, or for various other reasons (viability, cost, etc) which is why we're discussing future pharmacological treatments in the first place.

In other words, I could get a dense hair transplant now because dutasteride works for me 100%, I don't need the confidence of future treatments. I just don't want to get one.

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
egarding your second point, that's not really a good line of thought because we don't know if any upcoming topicals/medications would be able to regrow hair on heavily scarred scalp, which is exactly what's going to happen to a scalp post-transplant.

Yes, it's one of the reasons why I have never gotten transplanted myself.

What you are saying doesn't make sense. Most people get transplants, take finasteride which works in 90% of people .
You could replace "future treatments in 5-10 years" with "finasteride/dutasteride now" in your sentence and make the same argument. We're not getting hair transplants because either we don't want to, or for various other reasons (viability, cost, etc) which is why we're discussing future pharmacological treatments in the first place.

In other words, I could get a dense hair transplant now because dutasteride works for me 100%, I don't need the confidence of future treatments. I just don't want to get one.

You're missing my point. I brought up aggressive transplants to call bullshit on some of the attitudes around here. I'm not seriously trying to convince people to go do it.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
What you are saying doesn't make sense. Most people get transplants, take finasteride which works in 90% of people and are happy for the rest of their lives.

We absolutely do not have enough experience to conclude that people who get good transplants and take finasteride are "happy for the rest of their lives". There are so few quality hair transplants that were done 30-40~ years ago on people who are now 60-70+, we don't even have that same length of treatment for anyone on finasteride.

Point is that it's still a stop gap, as almost any hair transplant patient will probably tell you if they did their research. Most people will continue losing hair and risk having the transplant look poor if it happens. The exception would be people who are in their final pattern already, but even that hair is not 100%, just like the transferred hair.

Flamingflaps

Established Member
Reaction score
In regards to what I said, they are. The mean age in those studies is 37 years old. My statement is that it it's a stop gap for the people with more aggressive hairloss in their teens/early 20s.

I'm not doubting that finasteride/dutasteride work for the vast majority of people, but I don't think it's fair to assume that 90-99% of 20 year olds with aggressive hairloss would be fully stable in 10 years.
Can only speak for myself, but this was me. Now 34 with the same hairline that I had at 20.

I still want a restored hairline though. I posted on a hair transplant forum and was told my hairline was “age appropriate”. Apparently a transplant would be too risky with relation to my native hairs too. Not sure why I have to look age appropriate anyway. F that.

Last edited:

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes.

Waiting (without using meds) for your final pattern to emerge could only serve a purpose if the pattern is lower on the scale.

If it's a larger pattern, then all you did was lose a bunch of unrecoverable ground by waiting.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Go bald then get a transplant lol. That serves no purpose. At the first sign of balding get on finasteride/dutasteride and when your hair is stabilized for one year get a transplant.

Mighty

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys, guys, wait a second. I just want to say one important thing: finasteride works on me without sides.

Kidding. I don't know why you keep calling of "pessimistic" those ppl that don't believe in a cure in 5-10 years. We all hope for a cure, but they are more likely realistic ppl. Remember the Brotzu lotion and Replicel posts... Some ppl deemed everyone that was being "pessimistic" about Brotzu as stupid. Many of those ppl actually left the forum in shame after the Brotzu failure. Almost all we had up until now were failures.

The cure will come, but if you are young and have money or support, protect your hairline now. Don't neglect your present because of a possible future cure. I am 29 and I have a very young looking face. Yesterday a young woman asked my age to sign some stuff and she was actually surprised I was 29. She thought I was 22 max. A simple compliment, but there would be no chance of that happening if I was bald. I associat those types of compliments with my hair immediately hehe

I hope for a cure in 10 years, but I have a backup plan: finasteride > duta > hair transplant > possible cure. Meanwhile, let's hope that the scientists are also researching new forms of kryptonite, because we will need it to kill the hairy supermice that probably already was born in Tsuji's lab.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys, guys, wait a second. I just want to say one important thing: finasteride works on me without sides.

Kidding. I don't know why you keep calling of "pessimistic" those ppl that don't believe in a cure in 5-10 years. We all hope for a cure, but they are more likely realistic ppl. Remember the Brotzu lotion and Replicel posts... Some ppl deemed everyone that was being "pessimistic" about Brotzu as stupid. Many of those ppl actually left the forum in shame after the Brotzu failure. Almost all we had up until now were failures.

The cure will come, but if you are young and have money or support, protect your hairline now. Don't neglect your present because of a possible future cure. I am 29 and I have a very young looking face. Yesterday a young woman asked my age to sign some stuff and she was actually surprised I was 29. She thought I was 22 max. A simple compliment, but there would be no chance of that happening if I was bald. I associat those types of compliments with my hair immediately hehe

I hope for a cure in 10 years, but I have a backup plan: finasteride > duta > hair transplant > possible cure. Meanwhile, let's hope that the scientists are also researching new forms of kryptonite, because we will need it to kill the hairy supermice that probably already was born in Tsuji's lab.
Yes, I was one of those people called stupid in that Brotzu thread. You can't compare what's in the pipeline now to Brotzue. Nobody with a brain was excited about that one. I had hope for Replicel, but nobody believed it was going to be a cure. Hopefully if it ever gets released it will provide maintenance. I'm with you though, you can't count on something that hasn't come yet. If you're losing hair get on an anti-androgen now.

Catagen

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, I was one of those people called stupid in that Brotzu thread. You can't compare what's in the pipeline now to Brotzue. Nobody with a brain was excited about that one. I had hope for Replicel, but nobody believed it was going to be a cure. Hopefully if it ever gets released it will provide maintenance. I'm with you though, you can't count on something that hasn't come yet. If you're losing hair get on an anti-androgen now.
If there really will be a cure or 100% maintenance in the next 10-15 years then finasteride/dutasteride have insane value right now.

Mighty

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know if I should be excited about what is in the pipeline now. I mean... I was excited about it before, when Tsuji was going to be released in 2018 and Replicel was "almost there". But now? If the cure is released, for example, in 2025, we will have to wait another 5-10 years for it, maybe, to become affordable for a regular person. I like my hair and everything, but is not like I am willing to waste 100k on my hair.

I don't know... I hope for the best, but I am not excited about it anymore. When the cure comes out, I probably will read or hear about it in the regular news and I will think: "Ha! I knew they had a chance." Now, that "F***k yeah!" feeling is dead for me.

Jakejr

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It’s possible, but I doubt it. We don’t even think in a way to cure it. Ballyhoo over some chemical which allegedly grows hair in a Petri dish, when it fails miserably in real life.