Hair Loss Treatment Updates To Look Forward To In 2020

Iah11

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
1. Tissuse/J Hewitt- Clinical trial on the world's first hair cloning cure.

2. Tsuji- Clinical trial on the world's first hair cloning cure!

3. Follica- Pivotal trial on their treatment, potentially a release in late 2020 or 2021.

4. Samumed- Completion of Phase 3

5. Breezula- Phase 3 initiation. Only 6 months. Plus, winlevi will reach the market. For those who can afford it and use it, it could be an effective treatment seeing as it is the same drug in a lower concentration.

6. Applied Biology- Release of their sulfotransferase inducing shampoo. Should boost Minoxidil response rate and efficacy which is great.

7. Follicum- Phase 2 on their compound

8. Hairclone- Will begin treating patients. Similar protocol to Aderans and Replicel. Will hopefully be effective.

9. K Y Choi- Plan to begin human trials of their compound, which came with a huge amount of buzz when first discovered. Their product is particularly exciting because it managed to regenerate hair follicles that had been physically destroyed.

10. Giuliani Pharma- Their cosmetic WAY analogue could be released. Was a lot of hype for this one.

11. Electrical Stimulation cap. This sounds like quackery but the science seems pretty robust. As of Sept 2019, it was awaiting the initiation of a human trial.

Looking more and more bright the outlook.

In 2018 Samumed began the first phase 3 for a hair loss drug in around 30 years. In 2020, there should be at least 5 treatments simultaneously in pivotal trials. Surely we're getting close?

Lucky_Luciano

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What about Almirall with their topical finasteride? It should be approved end of this year and already available in 2020. It aint much innovational, but still much better than that what we have now.

hahahamyhairisdead

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Good post, but, unfortunately, need to prepare for the worst. Tsuji - too expensive. Tissuse/J Hewitt - we don't know enough about them.
And... All these wonderful technologies are unlikely to release in 2020 (maybe in the 2020s)

fugged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is hairclone only going to be available in the UK? Id assume that means anyone in the US is fucked.

fuDHTck

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A quick update about topical finasteride from Polichem since I saw it mentioned.

There was an update in their latest presentation:: "Finasteride (androgenic alopecia) submitted to EMA in September;".

So it looks like we are getting it next year at least in Europe. Nothing amazing but at least a legit and easy way to get topical Finasteride.

fugged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dr Rassman has a pharmacy that compounds topical finasteride already