Hair Loss Destroys Everything In One's Life

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
And he thinks we must all be slobs who don't lift weights of course.

Jesus, I always think about @swingline747 when some moron makes that case.

The guy had a godly body before and after hair loss, yet there would still be some ignorant blue-pilled guy somewhere to tell him: "Why don't you start lifting weights?!"

God the delusion is strong with some people.

Godly lol, no but not bad. My body was actually better when I had hair mainly because I was just younger.

PappinAce

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
LMAOOO I call 40 year old kids im from the US everyone says kid, nice attempt tho. And I was originally here to learn about new potential technology but I often comment on people's threads when they freak out about min lose, because I was once there, but I have no patience of the depressed losers like yourself.

can i ask what is your goal when you comment on the threads of "depressed losers" ?

hollow11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It does seem like most of this site is a circle jerk for guys with way more problems than hair loss. I'm guessing most still live with their parents and don't have responsibilities.

It's still good for the practical advice specifically relating to hair though.
it's easier to blame all your failures on something that you don't have control of, such as hair

PappinAce

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Like I said, when you look in the mirror and you're not proud of what you see, everything will seem pointless.

yeah that's pretty much how my life has been the past three years. just pointless sh*t. not looking forward to another 60+.

i'm more of a feeler than a thinker, meaning i process things and make decisions based on emotions more than logic..but since hair loss, little by little my feelings have diminished. i don't feel sh*t anymore. basically hair loss has stripped away who i am. leaving a depressed shell, someone who looks kind of like me but can only be 1% of what i am supposed to be. it's not under my control. as long as i have hair loss i will not like what i see in the mirror.

MorningGlory

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
yeah that's pretty much how my life has been the past three years. just pointless sh*t. not looking forward to another 60+.

i'm more of a feeler than a thinker, meaning i process things and make decisions based on emotions more than logic..but since hair loss, little by little my feelings have diminished. i don't feel sh*t anymore. basically hair loss has stripped away who i am. leaving a depressed shell, someone who looks kind of like me but can only be 1% of what i am supposed to be. it's not under my control. as long as i have hair loss i will not like what i see in the mirror.

What are you "supposed to be"?

PappinAce

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
you all act like youre rejected from society, but if someone is lower than a NW5 he's rejected by this forum
ironic

i guess we all do this to some extent. i "reject" all my full head and / or female friends any time they complain about problems that i would love to have.

it's a huge quality to be able to empathize with someone when you're suffering more than they are. im not a good enough man to do that. when i hear these complaints from normies i'm often guilty of shutting down mentally and ignoring them, then changing the subject. i don't tell them they don't have a right to complain or anything like that though. it's me who has no right to minimize someone else's problem, diffused rat's nest or no.

PappinAce

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What are you "supposed to be"?

can't remember. i've been a nobody for a while now.

sometimes i can vaguely recall how simple things felt, like the smell of lake water or the sensation of wind on my face when riding a bike. these physical things would be accompanied by an intangible feeling and i would be totally IN the moment. now it just passes me by. i register it without an emotion. it's hard to explain.

part of it is probably hopelessness and the knowledge that i will never share these simple experiences with another person who means something to me.

MorningGlory

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
can't remember. i've been a nobody for a while now.

sometimes i can vaguely recall how simple things felt, like the smell of lake water or the sensation of wind on my face when riding a bike. these physical things would be accompanied by an intangible feeling and i would be totally IN the moment. now it just passes me by. i register it without an emotion. it's hard to explain.

part of it is probably hopelessness and the knowledge that i will never share these simple experiences with another person who means something to me.

Do you attribute this huge shift in perspective purely to your hairloss?

Dante92

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
When people tell you their full story and you immediately see the only option for them, and they're like "nah, can't do it"... Aaand I can't sympathise with you anymore. It's one thing to be anxious and depressed because of a difficult situation, it's another to know exactly what you should do (we all have that voice in our head) and willfully choosing not to do it.

If these people keep complaining without doing anything to directly solve their problem, I tune out.

Easy to say that when you got off pretty easy compared to some users here, though.

PappinAce

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you attribute this huge shift in perspective purely to your hairloss?

yes.

the hair loss got serious right in the middle of my first ever relationship and grad school. the stuff that i cared about more than anything. but after hair loss i just checked out mentally. stopped caring about both, and everything else. nothing else changed apart from the hair.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
yes.

the hair loss got serious right in the middle of my first ever relationship and grad school. the stuff that i cared about more than anything. but after hair loss i just checked out mentally. stopped caring about both, and everything else. nothing else changed apart from the hair.

I'm grateful that I never got serious hair loss in graduate school. It was so minor and slow there that I didn't give a f***. I focused on my work.

I've now supervised three scientists. What is clear, and never makes it to the public consciousness, is that the ability to function at a high level is very dependent on being well enough psychologically and having one's house in order. High IQ is necessary, but not sufficient.

I had a brilliant kid working for me a few years ago. At first he was "on" and he'd get sh*t done properly and so quickly, it was exciting. He had excellent math and software skills. Then he got personal problems, he just stopped showing up. I felt bad for him.

hollow11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm grateful that I never got serious hair loss in graduate school. It was so minor and slow there that I didn't give a f***. I focused on my work.

I've now supervised three scientists. What is clear, and never makes it to the public consciousness, is that the ability to function at a high level is very dependent on being well enough psychologically and having one's house in order. High IQ is necessary, but not sufficient.

I had a brilliant kid working for me a few years ago. At first he was "on" and he'd get sh*t done properly and so quickly, it was exciting. He had excellent math and software skills. Then he got personal problems, he just stopped showing up. I felt bad for him.

Of course, mental issues are very destructive when it comes to many things, especially concentrating. I'm a software student as well and there have been points where I struggle in writing the simplest of code.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Of course, mental issues are very destructive when it comes to many things, especially concentrating. I'm a software student as well and there have been points where I struggle in writing the simplest of code.

It's my greatest envy. When I see the people who have their sh*t together, who are in settled relationships, who don't even give a f*** what they look like because they look good enough that it doesn't matter ... they can focus on doing great at their careers and in life. No cognitive taxes from hair loss, they just concentrate on the stuff that matters and they have no idea how lucky they are.

In my field there's these three guys who are perceived as the cream of the crop of my generation. Two of them are married with kids, they did great work and subsequently continued to great work and in fact greater work. The third one is in a dysfunctional relationship, he did great work and has since stalled.

I know how you feel about software. Most code is very straightforward but on a tough day it can look like Chinese.

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score

Because you're an intellectually bankrupt dumbass mate.

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
View attachment 58440
I pity you, this pic speaks for itself. You've literally spent 30 mins going through all my posts to dislike them, lmao
You're an attention seeker, a sad one too. Now get out of my sight and make this forum a better place for a bit.

30 minutes going through all your posts? I disliked like 4 of them you delusional fucktard. You deserve to be a norwood 7.

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
Glad you took the shot for me
By the way, you've don this many times before, don't act like this is your first time disliking 20 of my comments as if I care about my "forum repuration", haha

You've only got 29 dislikes you sh*t eating bastard.