Hair is not Life but it's Pretty Damn Close; HRT and Pictorial Posts Prove it.

How far are you willing to go to restore a full head of hair?

• Full-blown Feminization

Votes: 39 15.0%
  • Slight Gyno

Votes: 45 17.3%
  • Slight Breast Growth

Votes: 27 10.4%
  • Only "Male" Treatments

Votes: 90 34.6%
  • Dude, I won't even touch finasteride

Votes: 59 22.7%

• Total voters

Young&thinning

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Janey's Bad News! Or, just go with it, guys. Janey did.

More and more feminine. If your goal as "a just in it for the hair guy" is to avoid as much feminization as possible, well, Janey's just about the opposite in all the ways that HRT could possibly work for a female. Started out strictly dickly but now, eh...

So this is my public service announcement to all the fellows. You will probably end up liking "this" more than you liked being male, hair or no hair. It's more nuanced and pure and in the moment. Usually, I only leave the physical form pics up for a short time but I want people to at least have reference to an MtF transition that they can process if doing HRT for non-gender purposes. I have a library of pretty much all parts at all stages. I figured from the beginning that I might get a book or other project out of this because most people who do this struggle to show pics of the past. Goddess freed me from that and I am very please with how I look and the reactions I now get from others. And yes, she says, I lowered my dosage of minoxidil and dropped twenty pounds and I have lost over a cup size. If I desisted, I think most of it would go too. So, that's a positive in terms of breast growth not being permanent. My feelings are mixed now and they have always been, looks-wise. But a nice pair of perky tits grow on you<winks>
Okay please stop with these weird posts

Unlucky93

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
tenor (1) (28).gif

Last edited:

Solxama

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Please, can we avoid drama :( I agree that some of Janey's posts may be a bit weird, or even provocative, but all in all she's not a bad person, and her knowledge about HRT for hair loss is pretty amazing. Let's just all do our thing and fight hair loss together the best way we can :).

Young&thinning

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Please, can we avoid drama :( I agree that some of Janey's posts may be a bit weird, or even provocative, but all in all she's not a bad person, and her knowledge about HRT for hair loss is pretty amazing. Let's just all do our thing and fight hair loss together the best way we can :).
I hope people don’t think I am anti-transgender because that’s 100% not the case.

I do however think it’s wholly inappropriate to be uploading nude pictures on a hair loss forum and I hope the mods take action.

Solxama

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I hope people don’t think I am anti-transgender because that’s 100% not the case.

I do however think it’s wholly inappropriate to be uploading nude pictures on a hair loss forum and I hope the mods take action.
I understand your point of view, like I said some of Janey's posts can be a bit provocative. All I want is to avoid drama, I'm new to this forum, and it has been a very inspiring place for me. Before I registered my account I lurked basically over 900 pages of content in Bridgeburn's HRT thread and when I did make the move to join hairlosstalk, the community was very welcoming and open to help me out. I'd love for this spirit of unity and cooperation that was so inspiring to me to stay strong on here.

Last edited:

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have reported your post, disgusting.

Also stop talking in third person it’s not normal.
It's called Illeism and it is quite common among non-binary transgender individuals. It can provide a detached perspective and indicate a self-deprecating state. I am literally involved in a custody case where in essence, Janey has to answer for what "Will" did during the marriage. Illeism is neither better nor worse than any other mode of reference or self-reference. Some times I add they's and we's. I is used more for logic and things being reported matter of factly. I use subjectives constantly and I love Latin. Some say they enjoy my writing style and quirks intentional or not as they may be.

IF my pics disturb you, Y&T, you better cover your eyes in the guys' locker room.... You'll see much bigger gyno and wall to wall c*** says Janey....

Young&thinning

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's called Illeism and it is quite common among non-binary transgender individuals. It can provide a detached perspective and indicate a self-deprecating state. I am literally involved in a custody case where in essence, Janey has to answer for what "Will" did during the marriage. Illeism is neither better nor worse than any other mode of reference or self-reference. Some times I add they's and we's. I is used more for logic and things being reported matter of factly. I use subjectives constantly and I love Latin. Some say they enjoy my writing style and quirks intentional or not as they may be.

IF my pics disturb you, Y&T, you better cover your eyes in the guys' locker room.... You'll see much bigger gyno and wall to wall c*** says Janey....
Please seek help

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

What a brilliant retort.

Unlucky93

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You'd kind of expect to see nudity in a locker room, though. Don't expect to see moose knuckle and creepy poses on a hairloss forum.

Tell Janey she gives me cats, brown dildos and crusty c*m tissues all over the house vibes.

You do look younger since you've been on HRT, you just need to stop with the tranny softcore p**rn and the weird underage fantasy stuff.

Solxama

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
All of this is so awkward for a mostly asexual person like myself....

I'm out of this thread for now, I just hope everyone gets along with each other. We are alone in fighting this disease, we can mostly only rely on ourselves and our experiences. A lot of doctors don't care about balding men, and don't even get me started on the medical industry that has still not found an official cure for male hair loss, and it's now 2021.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Question related to adding Estradiol to an already excellent male regime, including spironolactone and Oral Minoxidil

Dear Janey:

Thanks for your kind remarks. If you have pictures, then that is always helpful too. What I would suggest is titrating off the spironolactone entirely since using that with estradiol might have side effects that lower strength and cause fatigue much more than estrogen. Estrogen is a hormone that works in a way that can be hard to follow because it has two main effects. It starts breasts growth at very low levels in cis-females but it "finishes" the overall female body as effects hit adult female levels of say, a 25 year old female.

Paradoxically, then, for those who use HRT just for their hair, I recommend higher amounts of estradiol than found in teen girls. For transgender females, I recommend a year of low-dose estradiol to preserve the best breast growth environment and then switching after breast growth is sufficient to much higher levels for hair and facial effects. At your age, further beard development would be forestalled most likely unless and until you went off estradiol but I don't think that we know for sure. It might be permanently stunted as seems to be the case for female to male transgender folks who rarely seem to have beards that look "right" in terms of thickness.

If your beard is largely already in, then it probably won't be affected by using estradiol either way. Do you have any idea as to what type of estradiol you would want to use? Your current regime, if you added once to twice weekly microneedling with minoxidil as a carrier, is already as good as it gets for males not using estradiol so I commend you on that. Check the main thread and my tread for some posts between several people related to all of this. I still think that my being transgender after formerly fighting baldness for 30-something years is a large advantage in terms of putting the pieces together. I have had what some would characterize as fairly extreme feminization so I try to always highlight this. @bridge had similar feminization effects. One thing I note is that both he and I are somewhat short of stature and slight of build and males who are taller but especially broader and larger-boned might not have any externals effects that are visible at all and I answer unfortunate MtF's like this fairly frequently on the Reddit boards. I am going to post this on my thread and the Bridge thread without any information personal to you, if you don't mind.

A lot of young guys seem to be considering HRT for hairloss and my goal is to provide the best scientific and anecdotal experience about the "whole package".

Best,
Janey

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
New Pics: I include here what I sort of consider sort of an androgenous/non-binary baseline pic from 18 months ago. I had substantially completed beard removal and below the neck, I had a body that was unambiguously female in shape but my face had hardly feminized at all except around the eyes which is obstructed by the glasses. For 18 months, this appears to be a substantial difference in look for me most of it hidden by the plague and masks so much of this new look is new to me in terms of interacting with others and in terms of the personality changes that come with HRT and feeling better about how I project. The other male pic is pretty much my nadir when I greatly lowered my DIY estrogen use, and I refused to look that way without at least trying more intensive HRT.

Perhaps I could moderate some of the facial feminization if I desisted from hormones but that ship has mostly sailed.

Attachments

• Smile_Sailor.jpeg
    Smile_Sailor.jpeg
    73.9 KB · Views: 122
  • nb.jpg
    nb.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_4438.jpeg
    IMG_4438.jpeg
    94.1 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_4443.jpeg
    IMG_4443.jpeg