Hair is not Life but it's Pretty Damn Close; HRT and Pictorial Posts Prove it.

How far are you willing to go to restore a full head of hair?

• Full-blown Feminization

Votes: 39 15.0%
  • Slight Gyno

Votes: 45 17.3%
  • Slight Breast Growth

Votes: 27 10.4%
  • Only "Male" Treatments

Votes: 90 34.6%
  • Dude, I won't even touch finasteride

Votes: 59 22.7%

• Total voters

DogoDiLaurentiis

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well I'm not looking to be where I was at physiologically at 18 for the most part, but late 20s early 30s? Yes, and for me it's inherently doable.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well I'm not looking to be where I was at physiologically at 18 for the most part, but late 20s early 30s? Yes, and for me it's inherently doable.
I am right back to 17 so if I exceed at times please understand. It is all mind-blowing on my end how all of this has worked out. Part of the fun of this is learning how to walk all over again. I love the female gait.

Ganked By DHT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would be fine being male or female, if there was a matrix scene where I take a pill and become opposite gender myself, I would maybe do it. But I am not unhappy being male.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would be fine being male or female, if there was a matrix scene where I take a pill and become opposite gender myself, I would maybe do it. But I am not unhappy being male.
You are very close to me in outlook. I have no "dead" name. The experience is all but all consuming though so you really have to rock it in my opinion to get the most out of it. I was ashamed for years of "Jane" even though she didn't exist yet. I had to work through the shame to realize deep down I wanted to be female but I wanted my hair back at least as much. Females have hair. Thank you for commenting and I am most interested in any other viewpoints or if you want to elaborate.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You are very close to me in outlook. I have no "dead" name. The experience is all but all consuming though so you really have to rock it in my opinion to get the most out of it. I was ashamed for years of "Jane" even though she didn't exist yet. I had to work through the shame to realize deep down I wanted to be female but I wanted my hair back at least as much. Females have hair. Thank you for commenting and I am most interested in any other viewpoints or if you want to elaborate.
A bunch of folks are on the @bridgeburn thread. It's interesting and thanks for reading what i wrote and showing interest.

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I won't know because I haven't yet acquired everything I need to push the envelope past or near my tolerance point.

I'm presently using a bi-est topical and it's "ok", but I'm still waiting on my proper estrogel and now I'm fairly certain I'm going to try biclutamide. My doctor is being annoying and trying me on something else before they put me on metformin, which I'm going to insist to be on next month.

I am at a point where I have to push things farther if I'm going to get better results, and I'm already doing ok, it's just not enough yet.

I'm at an extremely annoying impasse where I need to increase my estrogen levels to offset my reduction in testosterone.

I am not even halfway close to the tipping point where my masculinity can be called into question, and I won't know how far I need to go until I have the necessary drugs and hormones to do so.

Also, I learned very quickly not to use estrogen anywhere other than my scalp, as I did put some on my face to reduce fine lines, a small amount and it caused too much skin laxity that I did not like it. Overall just from using estriol and now bi-est on my scalp my fine lines have been reduced, where my forehead had two or three lines I did not appreciate being there, they've been reduced a lot in prominence.

The key to estrogen application is that it does not need to be applied directly to anywhere other than where you really really want it to have an effect, such as your scalp.
You mention estro and skin laxity..."Also, I learned very quickly not to use estrogen anywhere other than my scalp, as I did put some on my face to reduce fine lines, a small amount and it caused too much skin laxity that I did not like it." But then you mention it has anti aging effects on forehead. Can you explain? I have noticed that estro reduces skin elasticity, increases skin thinness, and gives an appearance that is not pleasing. This is in contrast to what everyone says estro does and also contrasts the literature about estro and skin.

DogoDiLaurentiis

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You mention estro and skin laxity..."Also, I learned very quickly not to use estrogen anywhere other than my scalp, as I did put some on my face to reduce fine lines, a small amount and it caused too much skin laxity that I did not like it." But then you mention it has anti aging effects on forehead. Can you explain? I have noticed that estro reduces skin elasticity, increases skin thinness, and gives an appearance that is not pleasing. This is in contrast to what everyone says estro does and also contrasts the literature about estro and skin.

Fine lines are reduced in prominence by fluid retention, it's that simple. Estrogen in really high concentrations where it's directly applied makes skin extremely soft and pliable. IMO, "too" soft and pliable.

I did not apply estrogen to my forehead, that was a peripheral effect of estrogen increasing fluid retention being applied to my scalp.

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You certainly are not drinking the Koolaid, that estrogen improves skin; overly pliable skin is not a good look!
The consensus here is that reduction in lines and wrinkles is from ramped up collagen production but I haven't really noticed that.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You certainly are not drinking the Koolaid, that estrogen improves skin; overly pliable skin is not a good look!
The consensus here is that reduction in lines and wrinkles is from ramped up collagen production but I haven't really noticed that.
@bridgeburn and I use the mirror method. Do you like what you see in the mirror? Then keep going. I admire all the different theories being investigated.

DogoDiLaurentiis

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I would say both, because estrogen does increase fluid retention, because since I've been on even just topicals I've gone from really dry to considerably more hydrated both cutaneously and subcutaneously. My muscles ache so much less now that my estrogen is a bit higher on average.

But yes estrogen has the happy effect of increasing collagen production which means you don't -need- to apply it directly, it will do that all on its own once it goes systemic.

Also I have not used full on 17b estradiol in any significant quantity. I'll let you know my impressions once I get the actual 0.75 estradiol gel and start using that properly. I'm basically fiddling around with bi-est right now which is not ideal.

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would say both, because estrogen does increase fluid retention, because since I've been on even just topicals I've gone from really dry to considerably more hydrated both cutaneously and subcutaneously. My muscles ache so much less now that my estrogen is a bit higher on average.

But yes estrogen has the happy effect of increasing collagen production which means you don't -need- to apply it directly, it will do that all on its own once it goes systemic.

Also I have not used full on 17b estradiol in any significant quantity. I'll let you know my impressions once I get the actual 0.75 estradiol gel and start using that properly. I'm basically fiddling around with bi-est right now which is not ideal.
In my 2+ years experimenting with bi-estro, estrogel (e2), and estriol, I can say that high systemic levels equate to thin and crepey where it was already thin: inner elbows and back of hands. Doesn't matter if it's e2 or e3. I've been using estro more locally the last few months and take clomid to help reduce the skin effects from the estro that goes systemic through scalp. Even though its the perfect solution on paper, blasting the scalp with estro just doesn't seem to have the bang that systemic dosing has. There's obviously other beneficial mechanisms from systemic exposure. Is it simply reduction of T of is there more to it?

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
In my 2+ years experimenting with bi-estro, estrogel (e2), and estriol, I can say that high systemic levels equate to thin and crepey where it was already thin: inner elbows and back of hands. Doesn't matter if it's e2 or e3. I've been using estro more locally the last few months and take clomid to help reduce the skin effects from the estro that goes systemic through scalp. Even though its the perfect solution on paper, blasting the scalp with estro just doesn't seem to have the bang that systemic dosing has. There's obviously other beneficial mechanisms from systemic exposure. Is it simply reduction of T of is there more to it?
There is at best mixed evidence that topical estrogen has value. I put it on my hair and face and other places and it seems to plump them up but it could be placebo. The best place to apply to save money is genital skin which is thinner and up to five times more systemic than the scalp. Basically the scrotum for guys. Why does that not surprise us, that location?

You know. There is still value to topical estradiol on the scalp because you have a feeling of control over your hair destiny.

I am not coy. Once I gave into this, I used Estrogel on my breasts in copious amounts and I have C+/D. Average for MtF's is double A bra. Placebo or not, massage is also good for the skin. Estrogel on the genitals for males will shrink them in the flaccid state but pulled length barely matters. It hardly changes and I am assuming female levels where there are nocturnal erections. Half of us don't want be able to top and half of us still do. <winks>

Last edited:

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
achieving high systemic exposure with estrogel is not difficult and doesn't even require application below the belt. I've proven this by putting on legs and getting bloodwork done an hour later. 1.5 mg estrogen (estrogel) an hour before blood draw put my E in the range of a menstruating woman. Last week I applied a pack of divigel (0.75 mg estrogel) to only my scalp and had blood taken. I also applied one serving of the amazon estriol to find out if the cream actually gets through. I'll post results.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
achieving high systemic exposure with estrogel is not difficult and doesn't even require application below the belt. I've proven this by putting on legs and getting bloodwork done an hour later. 1.5 mg estrogen (estrogel) an hour before blood draw put my E in the range of a menstruating woman. Last week I applied a pack of divigel (0.75 mg estrogel) to only my scalp and had blood taken. I also applied one serving of the amazon estriol to find out if the cream actually gets through. I'll post results.
I know. You are lower than a recent study which said 2.0mg estradiol could get people adult female limits overtime. Now it took me two years but parenteral is much faster. I don't think there is really a hair estrogen. They all seem to work somewhat. I have posted Biestro before and after pics and there was definitely improvement in my hair. My hair got worse again on low-dose estradiol. Then I found out that low-dose mimicks cis-female breast growth so between Estrogel and breasts growing at low levels of estrogen--when I was growing up I was afraid to touch birth control. It's a taboo for guys to handle estrogen and boy did I have that wrapped up in my psyche.

Goddess bless

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I know it's not scientific but 22 percent of people polled on here would refuse to even handle finasteride. Over one fifth!

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for that. I will look forward to seeing them. I am fascinated by what the different levels and types of estrogen can do. I mean that's great 1.5 mg and that's a good breast protocol. Just saying for those like me who don't mind some fluff.

DogoDiLaurentiis

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I know it's not scientific but 22 percent of people polled on here would refuse to even handle finasteride. Over one fifth!

finasteride is a drug that is rife with problems because doctors and even the company that produces it seems to have no reasonable f*****g idea as to how to prescribe it to people without a potentially high risk of doing harm.

Thing is I was kind of chubby when I was 15-16 I already know that my estrogen was pretty high, but I had extremely thick hair. I'd rather gamble on putting myself back in that hormonal state in relative terms and then tweaking everything to put both my physiology and hormonal chemistry all in some kind of relative agreement with one another that I find acceptable.

finasteride is just... I'm sure it has potential but until the company that makes it puts more money into research and makes that information public, I won't trust it. I'd rather take cyproterone or bica than take finasteride. finasteride made me feel like garbage and the curve of efficacy is really really steep, like you need to get down under a 0.5 mg for it to start being dramatically less effective, and taking 1mg is about as effective as taking 4mg in terms of what it's going to do (if anything at all).

What taking 4mg will do is overload your tissues with metabolites of the drug and possibly cause serious harm over the course of many months.

Ironically enough hormones are safer in my opinion, until a better and more importantly PUBLIC understanding of the parameters of finasteride are disclosed.

If merck or whatever wants to save this drug, they need to be up front and honest about how it really works and how it can best be applied and who if anyone shouldn't use it at all.

Not to mention, and I'll put my conspiracy hat on for this one:

I honestly believe the manufacturer of finasteride hires people to discredit critics and shill the drug on platforms such as youtube and in places like this, and that's just f*****g dirty considering what the drug is capable of. Put that money toward research and be honest about what it does, there will still likely be many men who will want to take it but we should be entering an age where disclosure about drugs and autonomy to use them should be accounted for.

Last edited:

DogoDiLaurentiis

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Please do, and that's encouraging for me, not because I want tits or anything, but because I'm going to need something effective.